ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #20221
20valves
Yamaholic

Oddometer: 449
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I've heard this from several Altrider owners. I don't even notice it anymore.
I have the SW Motech plate and it seems good without adding too much to the ST cacophony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Hmmm, that pic makes me look thin standing there....
Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #20222
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 17,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valves View Post
Hmmm, that pic makes me look thin standing there....
Because you are a skinny little proctologist wanna be.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #20223
Specterx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
What a great deal on a Super Tenere!

I got mine in the mail today. $4514.33

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...384221896.html

OK. this is clearly a scam and you would probably receive a Hondamatic 400. I had one and they suck.
Specterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #20224
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Just a couple of questions: Is the MRA Vario screen really that effective? Got a Parabellum but it is not to my standard as yet. Got the Madstad & wind deflectors as well and just wonder if adding the MRA is worth the money?

Also is it worth adding a PCV & Auto tune to an almost stock bike except the flash & Leo muffler. Just thought it would run a bit smoother :-), Got the AT already from another bike so I just need the PCV.

Many thanks.
Red Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #20225
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dust View Post
Just a couple of questions: Is the MRA Vario screen really that effective? Got a Parabellum but it is not to my standard as yet. Got the Madstad & wind deflectors as well and just wonder if adding the MRA is worth the money?

Also is it worth adding a PCV & Auto tune to an almost stock bike except the flash & Leo muffler. Just thought it would run a bit smoother :-), Got the AT already from another bike so I just need the PCV.

Many thanks.
IMO, if you already have the Gen II flash and you think the bike isn't smooth enough, you should really do the ride comparisons with other S10s. It may be that your bike is unusually vibey or maybe it's just not the bike for you. Better to find that out than to pour money into it by buying a PCV and then spending more bucks to tune it.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #20226
scudrunner82
combustion addict

Oddometer: 2,618
Quote:

Many thanks.

I love mine. I wear a helmet with a visor, and no earplugs with great results. Much quieter than stock. Almost no buffeting. I never tried the Parabellum or the wind deflectors though. I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam.

350, 450, 848, 900, 1190r

My Youtube channel----- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXo...kdER0Y5QfoE9gQ
scudrunner82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #20227
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Could be other benefits from a PCV such as better fuel economy and slightly more power. Just thought it could not make the engine run worse and besides my Auto tune just laying around an collect dust, might as well connect it to a PCV :-).
Everything about the bike except wind management & smoothness is about me: terrific off road considering the weight, good on fuel, excellent for luggage, great for pillion, looks pretty good and much more. can not afford to sell bike since I will not get back money from all the farkles might as well continue my effort to make it smoother :-?
Got my other bikes smooth enough with aftermarket exhausts, PCIII & PCV plus dyno tuning so I still got hope :-)
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #20228
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,468
Quote:
Could be other benefits from a PCV such as better fuel economy and slightly more power. Just thought it could not make the engine run worse and besides my Auto tune just laying around an collect dust, might as well connect it to a PCV :-).
Everything about the bike except wind management & smoothness is about me: terrific off road considering the weight, good on fuel, excellent for luggage, great for pillion, looks pretty good and much more. can not afford to sell bike since I will not get back money from all the farkles might as well continue my effort to make it smoother :-?
Got my other bikes smooth enough with aftermarket exhausts, PCIII & PCV plus dyno tuning so I still got hope :-)
Sounds like it's worth a shot to you. You might as well splash out for the Arrow headers, together with the PCV you'll pick up another 6 or so HP.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #20229
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Guess you are right, Christmas might come early this year....
Old 10-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #20230
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:

Many thanks.
I've got wind deflectors and Madstad with the Madstad 20" screen. Works perfect for me.

What problem you're trying to correct?

Regards, Paul
Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #20231
clint64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:

Many thanks.
I use the MRA med. screen on a TT adjustable bracket. Really like the set up as between the adjustable bracket and wing on the screen, I am able to manage the wind noise and buffeting.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #20232
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,462
Quote:

Many thanks.
I am on my second one, the first having been smashed by a bird.

They are very good and with an adjustable bracket you can move it out of the line of sight for off road. Just don't get the tinted one like I now have. You cannot see through it well enough.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #20233
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Just trying to correct the last of the buffeting, might be too much air coming from the side of the screen as well.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #20234
sallydog
AVERAGE 78.1 MPD

Oddometer: 5,652
someone asked about my phone mount. i use this standard ram handlebar mount. it comes with a U bolt but fits on our handlebar clamps perfect. just get longer bolts. very solid.

this mount is stable enough to shoot video with your smartphone

i have also mounted one tight to the windscreen. keeps my phone dry in most rain. this is just a bent piece of aluminum. the computer comes out with 3 screws from the back. you have to take off the windshield and the piece with the logo. then the screws are accessable. the screws are long enough.

this is simple fabrication skills. but the ram ball is so far foward (in front of the speedo) that my large Galaxy Note make it bounce a little. still not a problem for gps ing but i think i will move it back closer to the bend to reduce bounce.
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #20235
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it

Oddometer: 842
Sallydog, thanks for the review about both products. I will be doing both.