Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #8506
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRider View Post
hello guys

I went for a short round trip close to Santiago (about 400 km) and had a severe case of numb fingers (right hand) when doing a twisty section..on high speed highway section there was no problem

What's the best way to fix this? Grip Puppies? A new handlebar? Please help..

Thx

JC
Supercruise is your man on that one.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #8507
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,354
Altrider stuff

Howdy Chaps, bit of an update for you all. I just bought a set of Altrider crash bars and an Altrider bash plate off Steve at Adventure Moto and they turned up last night. So not have anything better to do today i fitted em straight up.

Heres a pic of the beast before the deed was done

With the crash bars fitted

And with the bash plate in place

The crash bars were an easy fit up, instructions were good and all the bits were there. In case you're wondering i can just get the side cover off comfortably so they have put some effort into keeping the whole assembly as narrow as possible. The finish is great and they look pretty sturdy to me.
The bash plate was a bit more of a chore. Altrider has changed some of the fasteners from what is mentioned in the instructions (they're a better design). It took me a few minutes of checking the bits supplied to get a handle on what went where, then it was smooth sailing. The instructions are good, the finish of the plate is very good and again looks pretty sturdy. I'm pretty bloody happy with the set up in general and can reccomend both them and Adventure Moto.

The usual applies, i am in no way connected to either of these companies, just a very happy customer passing on some info.

Cheers

OD

PS just noticed that the black bash plate doesn't show up well in the pic so will get some better ones tomorrow morning.

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich

OldDog screwed with this post 06-28-2011 at 12:45 AM
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #8508
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Looking good Old Dog

Hows the beast treating you?

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
Old 06-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #8509
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Looking good Old Dog

Hows the beast treating you?

Cheers
Graham
Mate this is the best bike i've ever had, its bloody awesome! Its a true multi purpose bike that does everything well. I have over 20k km's on it now and it's been 100% reliable.

How's yours fairing Graham?

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 AM   #8510
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Nice comparison on the Roadholding Quality

Look at 2:38, and while the GS does a Pogo a la Smashing punpkins, the Tenere almost flows like a Persian carpet over the same rustic road :-)

Oh, and a question, in the past you could give &t=151s into the code to let it start at the spot to view, but that now gives an arror, does anybody have a clue how to get that fixed again?

Rema in Paluda screwed with this post 06-28-2011 at 04:32 AM
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #8511
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Mate this is the best bike i've ever had, its bloody awesome! Its a true multi purpose bike that does everything well. I have over 20k km's on it now and it's been 100% reliable.

How's yours fairing Graham?
I don't know I haven't met her yet.

I don't have one yet . But give it time.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #8512
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,655
The Super Ten is BEGGING for a beak. Anyone working on such?
Part of it is function, but part also cosmetics - when I look at it from the side it has the appearance of having had a beak originally planned, then whacked off...
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #8513
wolftrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22 View Post
Part of it is function, but part also cosmetics - when I look at it from the side it has the appearance of having had a beak originally planned, then whacked off...
Wasp was working on a high fender that looked great. Saw somewhere else where someone else was making a beak. It was kinda dorky looking.
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #8514
Arktus
on XTzy!

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Beak:
http://www.yamaha-voiges.de/index.ph...art&Itemid=168

Now playing: Yamaha XT 1200 Z Super Ténéré, Legendary XRV750 Africa Twin RD07
Arktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #8515
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRider View Post
hello guys

I went for a short round trip close to Santiago (about 400 km) and had a severe case of numb fingers (right hand) when doing a twisty section..on high speed highway section there was no problem

What's the best way to fix this? Grip Puppies? A new handlebar? Please help..
Thx
JC
I rode about 1,000 miles with the seat on the high position and had the same finger numbness from pretty much the beginning of the ride. I do not get that with the seat on the low position.

It is most likely due to the positioning/angle of the arms/wrists. Try riding with the seat on high or low depending on the current setting. If not you could angle the bars either towards you or away from you, or raise them.

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #8516
jiivee
n00b

Oddometer: 1
It's time for a first post. I think this is right thread for my first post as Super Ténéré is the reason why I found this forum.

My current ride is KTM SMC 625 and it's also my first bike. I really don't have any experiences on other bikes so bear that in mind.

I really like my KTM, it's perfect bike for Finnish gravel roads and tarmac roads that are in poor condition. I like it's lightness and simplicity, atleast for first 30 miles. Then I'd like to have something more comfortable.

Today I went to local Yamaha dealer to test ride a Super Ténéré. The one I rode was equipped with panniers and skid plate. There was two Super Ténérés more, one with panniers and another with all Yamaha factory equipment.

I rode Super Ténéré for half an hour and that included short strip of gravel road. Here is some random thoughts. I'm 5'10" and riding position was pretty much spot on for me. All controls was easy to reach and light to use. Gear levers range of movement felt bit long or somehow weird. Only time I noticed the weight was when I had to stop at traffic lights etc. But when actually moving it felt lighter than I thought it would feel. I had traction control on all the time because it was my first time with big bike. I tried both touring and sport modes and it really makes a difference. I think on a relaxed ride touring mode is good, but it definitely was more fun with sport mode on. Handling was good, felt bit sluggish at first but I think it's just because I've used to sharp handling of my KTM. Overall Super Ténéré was very easy to ride, civilized and surprisingly quiet. Only thing I found irritating was how airflow affected my helmet at speeds over 70. When riding KTM I've used to the fact that I'm not very well protected against airflow. It's somehow easier when airflow affects not only your helmet but also upper body on arms. On Super Ténéré I felt that airflow shock my helmet on quite high frequency which was really disturbing. I was wearing my motocross helmet and Super Ténéré had stock windshield.

Super Ténéré is certainly a great bike but it lacks that something what makes it special. I'm not convinced that I should spend that kind of a money for what it is.
jiivee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #8517
Tuska
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
hi everyone, just got my hands on a s-10. woohoo!!
i've got after market heated grips to fit to it, where do i find wiring to hook into?
i assume there's somewhere easy as they do them as oe part too...just bit expensive for me
Tuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #8518
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
i've got after market heated grips to fit to it, where do i find wiring to hook into?
i assume there's somewhere easy as they do them as oe part too...just bit expensive for me
take a look here http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=425.0
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #8519
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
The only function a beak *has* is to be ripped off at the first natural discovery...

There are allready a few different BMW indoctrinated beaks on the market, but as its origonal (DR-Bgig) it ruins a bikes profile, its a Bike not a Penguin
Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #8520
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuska View Post
Here you find it:

And this is what it looks like, any hobby/tamiya shop kan help yiou with the necesary contacts to crimp on the leads...