Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #9526
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olirider View Post
The problem with the sound is that when I put the Gopro camera at the top of the helmet it is just in the windscreen turbulences. This is just the standard pipe. The "deeper" sound is just the way the microphone records it.

If you look well you will spot at lest 4 GS and you can see how the S10 is faster when I passed the 2 GS with hiviz yellow jackets !

Olirider
Sorry I must have missed them.

Good to see the BMW with the Hi-Viz.
Don't want you running up there rear ends at the typical S10 closing speeds.

Now I have left two giant openings for the BMW boys to come in with a witty, but inaccurate, comment.
Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:57 AM   #9527
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
You can check how I used my S10 to ride the Parpaillon tunnel trail in the French Alps

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727909

I suggest to watch it full screen at 720p.
Yes, I know, the sound is crap.
Nice !

But which kind of editing trick did you use to make it look like those GSses had only 27hp :-)
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:19 AM   #9528
Olirider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
One more S10 video : pointe Someiller

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1044
Olirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #9529
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Wow a S10 even has AVC built in !

(Anti Vertigo Counselling)
Old 09-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #9530
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Nice video. This just re-enforces what I already knew, your country has much more to offer than just 'stinky cheeses'
Old 09-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #9531
Olirider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Nice video. This just re-enforces what I already knew, your country has much more to offer than just 'stinky cheeses'
In fact, the Pointe Sommeiller trail is in Italy. The summit is just at the French Italian border.
http://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&ll=...m&z=16&vpsrc=6
But we do love our stinky cheeses !
Olirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #9532
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

It really is a good bike for Girls :-)

Rema in Paluda screwed with this post 09-25-2011 at 02:35 PM Reason: Photo way to big
Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #9533
Too_Tall
The Belgian

Oddometer: 573
Nice picture! When I last saw that particular S10 in the flesh, that blonde lady had a beard though...

Btw I destroyed the first thing on my S10 yesterday

In the middle of a very nice flat smooth asphalt curve around Vaals I heard the most monumental crashsnapbangkillmaimdestroy sound. After pooping my pants thinking I had killed the engine somehow, I stopped and looked the bike over. Turns out I snapped the right feeler completely off the peg! Left one is still on, but the right one is completely gone! I can see the hole where the feeler is supposed to screw into, no damage to the threads that I can see, but the thing is gone...

Ah well, better get the left one destroyed as well to bring the bike back in balance. 500km's in the Eifel tomorrow should take care of that!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #9534
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Tall View Post
Nice picture! When I last saw that particular S10 in the flesh, that blonde lady had a beard though...

Btw I destroyed the first thing on my S10 yesterday

In the middle of a very nice flat smooth asphalt curve around Vaals I heard the most monumental crashsnapbangkillmaimdestroy sound. After pooping my pants thinking I had killed the engine somehow, I stopped and looked the bike over. Turns out I snapped the right feeler completely off the peg! Left one is still on, but the right one is completely gone! I can see the hole where the feeler is supposed to screw into, no damage to the threads that I can see, but the thing is gone...

Ah well, better get the left one destroyed as well to bring the bike back in balance. 500km's in the Eifel tomorrow should take care of that!
IIRC there is only 1 on the bike as bought, the left one. I have checked my early photos of mine to confirm this and others have mentioned this previously. I have no clue why.

Could you have another problem ?
Old 09-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #9535
Too_Tall
The Belgian

Oddometer: 573
I looked at high res pictures of my bike zoomed in, and I definately had a feeler on that side. Or at least I had something sticking out the bottom of the peg that isn't there anymore.

Spend about 1 hour cleaning the car and 1 hour cleaning the bike today outside in the sun, nothing that I could see looked broken off or sheared, and I was trying hard to find anything...
Old 09-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #9536
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Tall View Post
I looked at high res pictures of my bike zoomed in, and I definately had a feeler on that side. Or at least I had something sticking out the bottom of the peg that isn't there anymore.

Spend about 1 hour cleaning the car and 1 hour cleaning the bike today outside in the sun, nothing that I could see looked broken off or sheared, and I was trying hard to find anything...
Well i thought i had lost mine too, but my dealer said it was never placed, and anybody i asked never had a right one, the left one put there to prevent ceterstand spillage, if you ignore the feeler, the centrestand will hit the deck, and boy is that a thrilling experience...
Old 09-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #9537
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post
Well i thought i had lost mine too, but my dealer said it was never placed, and anybody i asked never had a right one, the left one put there to prevent ceterstand spillage, if you ignore the feeler, the centrestand will hit the deck, and boy is that a thrilling experience...

Thrilling as in a low side and slide across the pavement. I totaled my first bike this way about 8 years ago. GL500 Honda. When i first got it, i thought the pegs looked so high that i would never scrape...

Anybody ridden a Strom and can compare the cornering clearance to the S10? Guys on Stroms in the sport-touring group I use to ride with were dragging all the time. After binning the GL, I bought an SV650 and raised it an inch. No more scraping issues until track days
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #9538
tomatocity
Retired and lovin' it

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjensen641 View Post
Thrilling as in a low side and slide across the pavement. I totaled my first bike this way about 8 years ago. GL500 Honda. When i first got it, i thought the pegs looked so high that i would never scrape...

Anybody ridden a Strom and can compare the cornering clearance to the S10? Guys on Stroms in the sport-touring group I use to ride with were dragging all the time. After binning the GL, I bought an SV650 and raised it an inch. No more scraping issues until track days
Raising the rear also gives you better turn-in response.

Could scrape the pegs on my DL1000 but could never get it to turn-in very well. Probably the main reason I sold it. My 2005 KLR can scrape pegs and turns-in very well (loaded or not) and I have it raised.

The Super Tenere turns-in very well but I would like to see how much better it could get.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere #027, 2005 KLR, 1993 Chevrolet S10,
tomatocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #9539
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjensen641 View Post

Scrape pegs on the Strom AFTER I changed tires.
Before that I used to run out of tread and luckily the Michelin had a nice forgiving nature at that point.

The SV I kept scraping my boots. My legs were a bit long for the thing and my boots used to stick out sideways.

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #9540
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
rear suspension

Hello,

can someone tell me where I can find the compression adjuster of the damper?
I noticed a screw on the right side at the bottom of the damper and I suppose it is for the rebound, not the compression.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Georgios
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote