Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker View Post
Just in time for a Christmas sale:
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...FdKd4AodiRMAVw

or Google:
Rigid light 90661
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered them. Had to take advantage of the Christmas sale.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #14882
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 715
Little video update of my Tenere..

White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #14883
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,538
Well I went onto ebay and bought the switch cause I thought it was cute.
Nothing I want switched right now, ya just never know. Nice clean work BTW.
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #14884
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,664
That Rigid light bar looks good, what's the beam pattern like on it?
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #14885
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
That Rigid light bar looks good, what's the beam pattern like on it?

Post #14864.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #14886
snakebitten
Small Town Hick

Oddometer: 941
Gonna agree that adjusting the lights greatly improved the night riding experience. I even agree they are in the upper percentile of "stock" lighting. But dang that Vstrom lights it up when my buddy is behind or beside me.

Having said all that, I want to raise the bar on this bike. I have never had the luxury of big-time lighting. And other than the OEM suspension, I have gotten just about everything else on this bike friggin perfect! Everything. I enjoy every single minute on it.

I keep waiting for the group buy on that other light bar. Can't remember the exact name on it. (They make the "squadron" light too)
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #14887
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,550
Question Baja Designs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Gonna agree that adjusting the lights greatly improved the night riding experience. I even agree they are in the upper percentile of "stock" lighting. But dang that Vstrom lights it up when my buddy is behind or beside me.

Having said all that, I want to raise the bar on this bike. I have never had the luxury of big-time lighting. And other than the OEM suspension, I have gotten just about everything else on this bike friggin perfect! Everything. I enjoy every single minute on it.

I keep waiting for the group buy on that other light bar. Can't remember the exact name on it. (They make the "squadron" light too)

Anything can be improved... And no doubt even with supplemental lighting the S-10's lights will never be "perfect", but it's always fun to try and achieve perfection!

As for the group buy... Isn't that the one Jaxon's trying to organize for the Baja Designs light bar with the Super Tenere mount?

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #14888
snakebitten
Small Town Hick

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Anything can be improved... And no doubt even with supplemental lighting the S-10's lights will never be "perfect", but it's always fun to try and achieve perfection!

As for the group buy... Isn't that the one Jaxon's trying to organize for the Baja Designs light bar with the Super Tenere mount?

Dallara

~
That's the one! So I didn't miss it? Is he waiting on me? :)
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #14889
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Cool2 Don't ask me, Snake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
That's the one! So I didn't miss it? Is he waiting on me? :)

I have no idea. Best way to check on that is simply to drop Jaxon an e-mail or PM and ask.

That said, I may be mistaken but I have some vague recollection that Baja Designs joined the Super Tenere forum as a vendor and started offering some kind of forum discount, and once that started Jaxon dropped the group buy on the light bar. He did finish up with his group buy on the two individual light pods, though, IIRC.

You might dig around on the Vendor area of the Super Tenere forum for Baja Designs' threads. I think there's more info there somewhere on their discounts.

I've been happy with the lighting on my S-10, so I haven't bothered. You know me, the less wiring, add-on's, etc. that even *might* cause any reliability issue the better I like it!

Dallara

~

~
Old 12-21-2012, 05:00 AM   #14890
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,347
Fitted the Yamaha winglets/wind deflector thingummys yesterday and I must say that I'm impressed

I didn't think that it looked like you got very much for your 70 UK pounds but I find that they work really well. I now have no buffeting around my shoulders and torso, still some around my helmet but I'm 6'4"! Santa is bringing me some Tobinators to give me a bit more 'screen adjustment so hopefully that will do the trick.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #14891
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,139
That white with red trim looks GREAT.

Hmmm, only have to paint 4 pieces....

Get some stickers...

Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #14892
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker View Post
That white with red trim looks GREAT.

Hmmm, only have to paint 4 pieces....

Get some stickers...

Lose the boyfriend.....

Left one out.

The white does look nice.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #14893
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch

Oddometer: 9,756
Guys, I just back from the Yami dealer. I was checking out the S10 they've been using for a demo bike. The bike has acquired quite a few scratches since the last time I was there. Also, the salesman openly admitted they loaned the bike to a guy to be used in a MSF course! When I got there, the key was left in the on position and the battery was dead. They are asking 11,900.00 for the bike, without the boxes. I think I'm going to have to pass. There is another dealer in Macon that has two new ones on the showroom floor. I believe one is a 13. I'll probably ride up tomorrow to take a look.

Okay, the question I had, the salesman was telling me it's real easy to bend the key if you don't know how to open the boxes properly. He showed me the key on that particular bike and it was a bit curved in it's appearance. It also appeared to be very thin for a key, almost toy like. Have you guys noticed this? Is this any cause for concern or is it a simple matter of finding a slightly thicker key and having it cut. It's not a deal breaker, but it gave the appearance of cheapness.

jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #14894
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

I've bent mine not being careful and broke one off in the FJR bag.

Kind of a good sign if the only fault to come up with is a wimpy key.

Couple of loaded Teneres in the flea market.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #14895
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Question Does anyone actually use the "Search" function these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
Okay, the question I had, the salesman was telling me it's real easy to bend the key if you don't know how to open the boxes properly. He showed me the key on that particular bike and it was a bit curved in it's appearance. It also appeared to be very thin for a key, almost toy like. Have you guys noticed this? Is this any cause for concern or is it a simple matter of finding a slightly thicker key and having it cut. It's not a deal breaker, but it gave the appearance of cheapness.

Sounds to me like the salesman is trying to do a CYA number for his own hamfistedness with the key...

I've logged well over 25,000 miles on my S-10 - all but about 1,000 miles of that with the bags on and used every day - and I haven't had even one nano-whit of any problem with the bag locks, seat lock, ignition lock, or keys. Of course, I installed the bags myself, paid close attention to the installation of the locks, carefully loctiited the lock backing screws, properly lubed the locks with a plastic-safe lock lube, and know enough to *FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS* and press down on the lid of the bag to lock or unlock it.

There have been posts upon posts, threads and more threads, and pages on top of pages about this subject both here and on other forums... Have you tried the "Search" function or Googled "ADVrider Super Tenere case (or bag) locks"?

And if you're really worried about it there are tons of other side case manufacturers out there... Metal Mule, Jesse, Micatech, Caribou, Happy Trails, Givi, Touratech, etc., etc., etc. ad infinitum...

First and foremost, though, I'd steer away from that salesman.

Dallara

~

~