ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #16
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,886
We played in the snow last night also.

We had a little fire in the backyard and threw snowballs at the dogs. It was great fun, but I'm glad it is basically gone now. I sure don't think I would like living where it stayed covered in snow for extended periods of time.

Kalonji, did I miss in the Charleston dinner thread why you sold your bike? I saw that your home life would be better with only one bike at the house at a time. To me it seems like a new bike would have already been selected unless the right opportunity came up. So what have you gone looking at lately?
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #17
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,181
Although not on topic for this thread, I see it more appropriate to post here than in the main thread, especially as there is a tad more of a kindred spirit fellowship here than on the Tag one.

My boss's daughter is working on her thesis in psychology, and has compiled
this survey
on social networking sites. She needs hundreds of volunteers and has forwarded the site's link to me. If you participate in Facebook/Myspace/Twitter, etc. (not sure if ADV would count), please take a few minutes and do this and/or pass it on.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #18
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,190
Pic of the Day

Speedy was going through some old photos last weekend and came across this one and I just had to post it somewhere. It's me on a Honda XR200R at Hellhole MX (now defunct) near Leesville, SC in 1983. That was a great track. Look at the elevation change in the background. Speedy raced there a lot but I only did it once, the day of this photo, I believe. It looks like dust on one side of that jump and a mosh pit on the other. I lost count of how many times I fell that day after landing in the muck off of jumps. There was one guy in my class who was slower than me, and I remember getting up, chasing him down and passing him, falling again, wash, rinse, repeat...

That's an open face helmet, goggles, gloves, tall red Sidi MX boots, Levi's, cotton jersey and a red bandana. No elbow, shoulder, chest or knee protection at all.

Riding the DR after about a quarter-century break from off-road riding has sure brought back many great memories of MX races, dirt poker runs, and just tooling around through the countryside. We're going to ride the upcoming Scream'n Beaver and Broxton Bridge DS rides and hope to see some of you there!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #19
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107
Speedy was going through some old photos last weekend and came across this one and I just had to post it somewhere. It's me on a Honda XR200R at Hellhole MX (now defunct) near Leesville, SC in 1983. That was a great track. Look at the elevation change in the background. Speedy raced there a lot but I only did it once, the day of this photo, I believe. It looks like dust on one side of that jump and a mosh pit on the other. I lost count of how many times I fell that day after landing in the muck off of jumps. There was one guy in my class who was slower than me, and I remember getting up, chasing him down and passing him, falling again, wash, rinse, repeat...

That's an open face helmet, goggles, gloves, tall red Sidi MX boots, Levi's, cotton jersey and a red bandana. No elbow, shoulder, chest or knee protection at all.

Riding the DR after about a quarter-century break from off-road riding has sure brought back many great memories of MX races, dirt poker runs, and just tooling around through the countryside. We're going to ride the upcoming Scream'n Beaver and Broxton Bridge DS rides and hope to see some of you there!

Great pic Laura!

Thanks for sharing the memories.

I had the predecessor to your bike, a '79 XR185R in 1980.

ATGATT baby!!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #20
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
Great pic Laura!

Thanks for sharing the memories.

I had the predecessor to your bike, a '79 XR185R in 1980.

ATGATT baby!!

You little hooligan, you! I love the expression on your face!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #21
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

This is the Bitching thread. I am not seeing any complaining, so I guess it is up to me.

Why so few of the cool old photos? Show us more.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #22
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by outactrl
Somebody please, please, please go get this tag. I'm off work this week and am itching to ride, but a 7 hour round trip, most of it interstate, does not sound like fun on the DRZ! But I hate to see a tag just sitting when I know where it is. Is it cheating if I haul the bike down in the back of the truck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagmaster
Same reason I'm not going after it and I pretty much k now where it's at.
Translated: Aw come on guys, throw me a pity party! I want to play the game and ride my motorcycle, but not enough to actually break outside my normal area. I admit to having tons of available free time, and want to think I'm a "rider," without actually having to ride very far. I like riding motorcycles and playing a game, but only on the easy setting. It's so hard living in such a big state, we're 40th in the nation for size, that's just ridiculous to ride 3 hours each way! Maybe someday I'll be able to afford a nice fancy bike that I can sit on for more than 2 hours. Whew! That was exhausting just typing such a long message, but I'm talking, so I'm still playing this game! Yay for me!!!

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #23
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,884
I hate fillin' in this part, don't like posts that a FF doesn't bother to title

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5
kalonji, you knew I would start this post didn't you?
No, but it doesn't surprise me. I just wish people would read the the title of the thread and actually BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling
Who wants to wait 24 hours for someone to post a pic?
No, f***in' doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon
Laura, as far as Kalonji riding a Bandit, besides my 1200, there's also Fox's 600 and another local ADVer that has a 600, but he's shot those, and the Sherpa, and another guy's KLR down, doesn't want to mess with our "spiritual connections" with our bikes.
Maybe I don't want to ride a piece of S*** Suzuki, Kawi, or what ever the hell a Sherp Sherp is...... BTW, I'll do a burnout on your " "spritual connection" ". Yes, I quoted your quote. Gotta problem with it?

Quote:
Although not on topic for this thread, I see it more appropriate to post here than in the main thread, especially as there is a tad more of a kindred spirit fellowship here than on the Tag one.
You're right, it is off topic and no one gives a S*** Keith.

Quote:
Translated: Aw come on guys, throw me a pity party! I want to play the game and ride my motorcycle, but not enough to actually break outside my normal area. I admit to having tons of available free time, and want to think I'm a "rider," without actually having to ride very far. I like riding motorcycles and playing a game, but only on the easy setting. It's so hard living in such a big state, we're 40th in the nation for size, that's just ridiculous to ride 3 hours each way! Maybe someday I'll be able to afford a nice fancy bike that I can sit on for more than 2 hours. Whew! That was exhausting just typing such a long message, but I'm talking, so I'm still playing this game! Yay for me!!!
Are you going for the local tag or just going to BITCH about other people making excuses. I think you should quit criticizing everyone else and friggin' ride more.

I think I'm up to speed now.

I'm gonna start a thread "Bitching about "Bitching about SC Tag-o-rama" " cuz this thread is BULLSHIT

All of y'all can wear an
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #24
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Kalonji blows (Like that title?)

Not enough original content, profanity with asterisks, no creative words such as twatwaffle. You were awarded points though for actually bitching in this thread though.

Hopefully we'll see the lowcountry players come up to Orangeburg soon.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #25
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

I ate a twatwaffle for breakfast with taintcheese while waiiting for someone to get the FUCKING Tag. They're kinda of like ass cheese blintzes but with waffles. Delicious.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #26
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Is taintcheese like fromunda cheese or gnat butter?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #27
fox102
BORIKEN

Oddometer: 631
Wtf...............

For Real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a limited time to play, but I truly enjoy to play, play from my computer, ask friends, family, and co-workers to help work through the clues.
I woud have thought that no so many people would have drank from the same as Caycek5, Kalonji, or Draechon. I know I have been in the USA for over 14 years but I still cannot find the imagination to speak as colorful and creative as you guys do....My bitchin is about those like to bitch about the unimportant stuff that goes on.

"Simply go out and ride" that all, thats the philosophy of this game.....although i must say i find it quit funny to read miles and miles of ass chewing, and regurgation of frustrations, dislikes and who knows what......

So how about we stop being as cute as the icons may look, go out, and ride....

We need people like you guys and gals in our GoV't.....creative, direct, and with a forgiving heart....

I truly love the people I have met in this great of motorcycling, even though we can be strangers and rag each other, when we are out riding, we are friendly, courteous, and helpfull.

with that said....stop bitchin and go find the tag that I have left you, close by to an argument that you guys started over who and one should post......hint...hint.......

1996 BMW R1100RT
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)
fox102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #28
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Why isn't any one bitching. This is total bullshit for two reasons. 1) no one is bitching and 2) the damn tag sat so long and people are sooooo lazy they rather start a new tag game than get the current one. Total Bullshit!

Before you get you panties all waded up.......

Mainly number one, I could understand the second tag game if the state was more active but hey to me its just another tag to get.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #29
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

How ironic that the state is seperated into north and south right before memorial day.

The creation of the Upstate SC TOR has happened. I know it was discussed before about regional state TOR games. If our state was larger I could see it. I believe GA has the largest land area of a state east of the Mississippi River and they have several games going.

Using google maps and going from Mountain Rest to Mrytle Beach is about 305 miles, Mountain Rest to Beaufort is about 293 miles, Mountain Rest to Columbia about 165 miles. I realize this is probably farther than most care to ride for a tag grab, but it is not like it has not been done before.

Now, there is the Upstate and the State wide game in play. The arguement of it limits the time riding to claim a tag seems flawed to me. If the current tag that has sat for quite awhile were to get taken into the upstate the lowcountry crew has to journey several hours into an area that now has it's own game going on while risking a brucing. This would lead to a situation where both tags would be in one region therefore excluding regions of the state. The whole deal seems messed up to me, but it happened and it is here.

So my questions for the Upstate SC TOR.
#1. Since a new tag game has been created will places that have been tagged before in the SC TOR be fair game to tag again?

#2. The grab photos I took for the SC TOR are now file photos I have, are they valid to use for a tag placement?

The whole deal blows for the Lowcountry group. That is my opinion and I knew no one asked me but this is the Bitching about SC TOR thread. Perhaps we should make the SC TOR game to only be east of I-77 and south of I-20 where they meet in Columbia.

The South will Rise again.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #30
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Those are very valid points. Why do you have to be so eloquent? It pisses me off. I can't stand people posting without Attitude on this thread.

You're
a
real

Prick.....

(edited for grammar)

kalonji screwed with this post 06-02-2010 at 02:14 PM