ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #61
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,174

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #62
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=60

Pace yourself son!!! You're gonna run out of bitches.

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #63
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
After posting the other day, I felt guilty about the Bandit, so buckled down and bought the hardware yesterday, changed the oil, cleaned the air filter and put the big bike back together except for the light bar I'm making. After over 2 months of just sitting with the battery connected, she fired right up first try. After warming up, I moved her around from the back porch to the driveway and noticed some scary white smoke coming from the right side of the engine where the exhaust pipe connects. It has been smoking there a bit for months after rides, but only for a few seconds and not to this degree. After finishing my lights in a couple days, i'll take her up to the local shop to get checked out before I do any other rides.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #64
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post
*snip After finishing my lights in a couple days, i'll take her up to the local shop to get checked out before I do any other rides.snip*

Sorry dude, by the looks of it, I'd say it's terminal.

[snicker]

ETA:Please do not misunderstand, I was not snickering at his engine problems. I was merely poking fun at the overall apearence of El Bandito Grande.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800

kg4lho screwed with this post 01-30-2011 at 07:55 PM Reason: Just clarifiing how big of a duche I really am. :~)
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #65
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4lho View Post
Sorry dude, by the looks of it, I'd say it's terminal.
[snicker]
But that's the cleanest I've ever seen your bike, Draechon!

At least it's white smoke and not black. I always associate white smoke with water vapor burning off, but at the beginning of a ride, not the end.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #66
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4lho View Post
ETA:Please do not misunderstand, I was not snickering at his engine problems. I was merely poking fun at the overall apearence of El Bandito Grande.
Haha, I got that you were kidding. I'm not worried about it and it wouldn't bother me if you were serious. She's not going anywhere and I know she isn't worth anything to anyone else, which makes me love her all the more. We have a lot of history and though I have other bikes in mind to purchase, but that one will be with me until one of us meets our demise (maybe even together then).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
But that's the cleanest I've ever seen your bike, Draechon!
Thanks Laura. She's going under the knife in the morning as my shop is coming to pick her up this afternoon (shameless plug for Lowcountry Cycleworks: they're quick, reliable, offer free pick up and delivery, and have been really honest with me; so, if you know anyone in the area needing work done, give Adam a call; they're a tiny operation of only 3 guys, so word of mouth is really important)

Finished the lights last night, and after working on 2 sets of plans, 1 taking way too much effort to be worth the results, I settled on this cheap and quick set-up (less than $50 for everything)

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #67
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Haha, I got that you were kidding. I'm not worried about it and it wouldn't bother me if you were serious. She's not going anywhere and I know she isn't worth anything to anyone else, which makes me love her all the more. We have a lot of history and though I have other bikes in mind to purchase, but that one will be with me until one of us meets our demise (maybe even together then).

Thanks Laura. She's going under the knife in the morning as my shop is coming to pick her up this afternoon (shameless plug for Lowcountry Cycleworks: they're quick, reliable, offer free pick up and delivery, and have been really honest with me; so, if you know anyone in the area needing work done, give Adam a call; they're a tiny operation of only 3 guys, so word of mouth is really important)

Finished the lights last night, and after working on 2 sets of plans, 1 taking way too much effort to be worth the results, I settled on this cheap and quick set-up (less than $50 for everything)

Dude, never worry about anyone poking fun at that bike. I love it. Sorry to hear you don't want to sell it... I would definitely be interested.

(Am I off topic because i didn't bitch?)

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #68
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Quote:
snip*
Thanks Laura. She's going under the knife in the morning as my shop is coming to pick her up this afternoon (shameless plug for Lowcountry Cycleworks: they're quick, reliable, offer free pick up and delivery, and have been really honest with me; so, if you know anyone in the area needing work done, give Adam a call; they're a tiny operation of only 3 guys, so word of mouth is really important)snip*

Wow! After that plug, I'm kind of sad I don't live closer to them so I could experience such a high level of satisfaction for shop work. They sound like a great group of guys. Hope it's nothing serious. Wes

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 02-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #69
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Wicked

It has been 49 hours since any one cryed about any thing and tha was more of a whine. I guess everything is ok.
^ note no subject line. And where are we going to eat next weekend, and next month?
That will get some one going on three fronts.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #70
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

I would like to complain about rain, cold temps, wind, mud, rain, cold temps, mud, rain, and the fact that I stood out in those elements for four hours today with out the company of any other inmate. Joe didn't get there till I left after lunch and PDR was being released from his station about the time I got home. I did see a few folks I remember from previous years. Some more annoying than others. Still had a good time though. Well, with the exception of said rain, cold temps, wind, mud, rain, cold temps, mud, rain, etc.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 02-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #71
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Cry

Well, tell me how you really feel.
Was that parks service LEO there?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #72
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
SC offroad

Not really a complaint- but I have a question that seems sort of off topic to me for any other thread---

My brother is big time in the jeep world (as far as I'm concerned), he's actually the current president of MidCarolina Jeepers (a club)

Anyways- aside from all of that, he and a few guys are getting together and making an all around SC offroad forum

It's going to include basically anything that can hold its own off the black stuff

I think it's a neat idea but I'm not sure what the response would be from the DS community

What do yall think? would you use it?

Either way its going to exist, so if anyone at all is interested I'll post up a link when it's finished...
boybrushedplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #73
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
Well, tell me how you really feel.
Was that parks service LEO there?

Not that I saw. He get "friendly" with you??

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 02-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #74
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

No I only went to service and helped with a service from some inmates I met Friday. I was thinking about the one last year who couldn't understand the street legal motorcycle thing. Rember him. The one in the green, with the gun, and stupid coming out of his mouth.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #75
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
No I only went to service and helped with a service from some inmates I met Friday. I was thinking about the one last year who couldn't understand the street legal motorcycle thing. Rember him. The one in the green, with the gun, and stupid coming out of his mouth.
Oh Yeah, the fascist, I remember now. And when I say fascist I mean "blah blah blah you can't operate a licensed motor vehicle on these public roads because I TOLD YOU YOU CAN'T!" type of fascist. Some people are more equal than others I suppose. No, didn't see him or any other FS officers. I guess they didn't get the memo about the SandBlast Rally coming to town?

Now that is funny rite ther!

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800