ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #76
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by boybrushedplad View Post
Not really a complaint- but I have a question that seems sort of off topic to me for any other thread---

My brother is big time in the jeep world (as far as I'm concerned), he's actually the current president of MidCarolina Jeepers (a club)

Anyways- aside from all of that, he and a few guys are getting together and making an all around SC offroad forum

It's going to include basically anything that can hold its own off the black stuff

I think it's a neat idea but I'm not sure what the response would be from the DS community

What do yall think? would you use it?

Either way its going to exist, so if anyone at all is interested I'll post up a link when it's finished...
I'd be interested in this.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #77
Rvrhwki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterGdawg View Post
good grab, just remember this game has a 6hr limit...i think you went over that last time
I did'nt even notice...and just think in times past there would have been a good knock down drag out.. ahh the competitive, good ole days .
Rvrhwki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #78
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvrhwki View Post
I did'nt even notice...and just think in times past there would have been a good knock down drag out.. ahh the competitive, good ole days .
Before the State wide game splintered.

Now this thread is for Bitching about the SC TOR not the Midlands or any of the other SC state games. Go to your own thread.

I do have a bitch about the state game though. Since there are now several games sort of in play. The current state tag was one bridge up from a very recent Upstate tag, yet none of them have even bothered to go fetch it. In the good ole days I would have never even placed a tag that far out of my region as the game was competitive between regions. Now I have tried to engage the Upstaters and they don't want to play and we have Lowcountry inmates proclaiming the Lowcountry game doesn't count. Perhaps I should have placed it South instead of North. I had talked about this with scooterGdawg before as he was going to use it as a tag earlier and I asked him not to.

It is similar to the one State lunch we had up North. I realize it was a cold dreary day, but there were 5 or 6 of us counting two from Columbia and One from Florence. Now have a lunch in the Midlands or south and we'll have 10 to 20 on cold windy days. I guess it just is the uppity Upstate. I will add the few inmates I have met from the Upstate have been fun to hang out with. Lowcountry just seems to be up for riding more. Anywho that is all.

cockholster twatwaffle added to add validity to the argument.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #79
Rvrhwki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post

Now this thread is for Bitching about the SC TOR not the Midlands or any of the other SC state games. Go to your own thread.

I do have a bitch about the state game though. Since there are now several games sort of in play. The current state tag was one bridge up from a very recent Upstate tag, yet none of them have even bothered to go fetch it. In the good ole days I would have never even placed a tag that far out of my region as the game was competitive between regions.
Yeah, thats all we need is another SC related thread

I was wondering with it being tax season if you got a tax deduction for charity tags like that.
Rvrhwki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #80
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvrhwki View Post
Yeah, thats all we need is another SC related thread
I wonder what all the other people in the SE region think of all the SC threads for how small we are. We have at least 10: the Greenville GS group, Upstate dinner thread, Upstate tag, Midlands Tag, Columbia dinner, Lowcountry tag, Charleston dinner, SC Tag, Bitching, SC Tag Pics, and that's just off the top of my head.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #81
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Historically haven't people living in SC been a touch ornery?
I guess we all have our own groups we choose to run with.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #82
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
boybrushedplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #83
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by boybrushedplad View Post
We are, you don't live north of the Maybinton-Dillon Line.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #84
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,074
Quote:

Now this thread is for b***hing about the SC TOR not the Midlands or any of the other SC state games. Go to your own thread.

I do have a bitch about the state game though. Since there are now several games sort of in play. The current state tag was one bridge up from a very recent Upstate tag, yet none of them have even bothered to go fetch it. In the good ole days I would have never even placed a tag that far out of my region as the game was competitive between regions. Now I have tried to engage the Upstaters and they don't want to play and we have Lowcountry inmates proclaiming the Lowcountry game doesn't count. Perhaps I should have placed it South instead of North. I had talked about this with scooterGdawg before as he was going to use it as a tag earlier and I asked him not to.

It is similar to the one State lunch we had up North. I realize it was a cold dreary day, but there were 5 or 6 of us counting two from Columbia and One from Florence. Now have a lunch in the Midlands or south and we'll have 10 to 20 on cold windy days. I guess it just is the uppity Upstate. I will add the few inmates I have met from the Upstate have been fun to hang out with. Lowcountry just seems to be up for riding more. Anywho that is all.

cockholster twatwaffle added to add validity to the argument.

Dang "Upstaters" are just as bad as the uppity "Charlestonites". Still not as bad as the "Capitol Elitists". Now that I have insulted 3/5s of the state, all that leaves is us poor idiots in the Pee Dee and the Beach Bums.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 AM   #85
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4lho View Post
all that leaves is us poor idiots in the Pee Dee and the Beach Bums.

Thank you for the clarification kg. I typed this slowly so you guys would understand it.
That pretty much sums it up.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #86
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post

Old 02-11-2011, 05:30 AM   #87
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4lho View Post
Dang "Upstaters" are just as bad as the uppity "Charlestonites". Still not as bad as the "Capitol Elitists". Now that I have insulted 3/5s of the state, all that leaves is us poor idiots in the Pee Dee and the Beach Bums.
Who are these "Beach Bums" of which you speak? Outside we the Charlestonites, the Centro el Metro crew, Laura, the Hill-folk, and you Sand-folk, I didn't think there were any other groups, especially ones near the coast. "You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time, where is the rebel base?"

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #88
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
"K-Mart By the Sea!!!" Where are you???? LOL

I saw this a while ago... still makes me laugh.

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #89
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post
"You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time, where is the rebel base?"
Dantooine, it's Dantooine.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #90
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,721
Quote:
Dantooine, it's Dantooine.
Dantooine (pronounced /'dæntuin/) was a pleasant world of grasslands, rivers and lakes. The planet was located in the Raioballo sector of the Outer Rim at an endpoint of Myto's Arrow, the other endpoint of which was in the Obtrexta sector, though Dantooine itself was still far removed from most galactic traffic. It hosted a small population spread amongst single-family settlements and small communities with large land holdings. Its sentient population consisted primarily of simple Human farmers, though Dantooine was also home to the primitive Dantari race. Native wildlife included the kath hound, the iriaz, the kinrath, and the graul. The planet had no industrial settlements or advanced technology by the time of the Galactic Civil War, save for a temporary Rebel base there.

I had to look this one up... on Photobucket

I'm pretty sure caycek thinks he's a Jedi...everyone should watch their back.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote