User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
yrunotriding OP
Boundries, never!

Oddometer: 1,176
Laugh Mid-Atlantic Tag-o-Rama

I am thinking of starting up a new Tag-o-Rama for the Mid-Atlantic region. This would include - Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, North Carolina & Washington DC.
The rules are as follows-

#1 - Find the tag and mascot (The Ornery Orange) and reproduce the photo with the mascot involved somewhere (as best as possible). The first person to post a found tag with the mascot gets to place the next tag. That person will have 48 hours to post the next tag, if they haven't by that time (weather will be taken into consideration, ie. 20" of snow), then it can be grabbed by anyone else, and they may post the new tag.

#2 - Take the tag (and mascot) to a new location, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties. Check the official map to be sure you new tag location has not been done already. Repeats are not permitted.

#3 - Tag must be a) findable and b) not placed on a dirt road. Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.

#4 - File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.

#5 - No whining. If you have a valid sugestion to improve the game, we can listen to that. If you just wanna bitch and moan because you got Bruce'd, do it elsewhere.

#6 - If the tag does not move in 168 hours from the drop-off time, it may be grabbed by the same tagger who dropped it off, and moved to a new location, ad infinitum.
This will heretofore be called the P.W.Y. Rule, or Play With Yourself Rule.

The Mid-Atlantic Tag-O-Rama Map is here - http://goo.gl/maps/2gj7

First tag to be posted soon (weather permitting).

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC

yrunotriding screwed with this post 07-24-2013 at 06:09 AM Reason: updating
yrunotriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
usp45
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Would hate too see tag get stuck in one state to long, maybe Drop tag in different state than tag was Got in?
That would keep your game from settling close to home and guarantee a true mid-atlantic game.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
yrunotriding OP
Boundries, never!

Thumb New and improved rules

I like your thinking usp45. See new rule #6

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 AM   #4
yrunotriding OP
Boundries, never!

Cool2 Rule#6

Maybe we'll give rule #6 a test ride? If the tag starts to stall a lot then it's history. The rule would definitely encourage longer trips, instead of block hopping.
I will be posting the new tag as soon as I can make a path through the snow on my street.

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
Old 02-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #5
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,731
In lieu of rule six I think you need to define the geographical limits better. A tag in Erie PA or Abingdon VA would probably sit for weeks. - unless you don't mind that for your game.
IBA #42016

my ride reports

Follow my current ride
lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #6
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbob
Rule number 6 will mean less players & a tag stalled for weeks at a time or bouncing back & forth the same border. IMHO, the tag will see more places and cover more miles without the rule. So what if it spends more time in one state than another, someone can always grab it and move it anywhere they want...
There's no reason this tag game has to move fast, it's not a "commuter tag" but to head off border bouncing, instead of different state, maybe 60 and up mile moves. Just a thought... PA is BIG compared to D.C.
This game looks good. Due to probable day trip distances maybe intro a mascot (not unlike the NorAm egg) that does represent the tag, with a first "bruced" gets it if no new tag is posted/claimed within a week of the posted 2nd place.
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Additional Rules:

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)

#5 Read the Rules, understand the intent of the game. Quality not Quantity. If you want to tag a stop sign at the corner of "I'm impatient" and "Hurry Up" roads just to up the tag count, play a local game instead.. There are no rules that say you can't play more than one game at a time, so if this one sits for a week or two while the stars align for a big move, then so be it.. Obviously don't sit on it for weeks on end if you have no plans to actually take it somewhere though.

Rules may be modified or added later if it is determined that they are needed to promote movement of the tag.
The above "Rules"have been blatantly lifted from Blinkerfluid.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429115
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #8
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,278
I would agree that rule 6 could be problematic. I do like the idea of a minimum mileage rule though. That would make the tag move a bit without requiring it move to a new state.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 801
Rule #6 ie tag in a different state it going to lead to more slab to take/get/place a tag...

One of the nice things about tag was seeing new stuff and taking fun new roads to get there ... If you take a tag where no state border is nearby it could sit untill you get back out again especially if you have to travel some distance, and if you have to place a tag in another state - it's going to be more of a chore to get to said new state and find a place to tag.. Odds are it will be just inside the line..

Let's say I blow a whole day getting to and back from a tag in MD (you know to post it up before i get bruced, unless I use a laptop or library somewhere).. I then have to ride to another state to place it.. It would be far easier for me to sneak into DC to place it as that is closest, but the roadd might not be so fun....

It you want to add some complexity to the game, make folks take a pictures of something more specific - like a historical site - or one another board where I play a similiar game - make it a picture of the snake like twisty road ahead...

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
sct ptersns twn
Wait, what........?

Oddometer: 333
uh oh

.......another Tar-o-rama for Upst8 and Tidewater KLR to attack!

sct ptersns twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 AM   #11
800SSDuc
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 356
Ummm.... so where is the 1st tag?
89 KLR650
87 750 Paso Ltd
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
A few Chinese 150 Dirt Bikes
800SSDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 AM   #12
yrunotriding OP
Boundries, never!

Tag

Coming, coming. Between work and a snow covered street that won't melt. I know blaa blaaa. It will be very soon.

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
yrunotriding OP
Boundries, never!

In Search of the Holy Snail...tag#1

You all have been very patient, and finally here is the first tag of the Mid-Atlantic Tag-O-Rama.
The mascot is 'The Holy Snail', a jewel encrusted mollusk. Behold!

He hitched a ride north to.......

This is the tag shot.

Could this be the clue shot?

Nesting here.

The exact location of The Holy Snail is..... follow the arrow.

Best of luck, and I hope the snail doesn't reflect the rate in which he moves around the Mid-Atlantic region in the future!

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
Dr. Beard
Cenosillicaphobiac

Oddometer: 877
So.... there is a mascot?? As in mascot gets the tag and the photo backs it up?

If so, Rule #1 needs a re-write.

Also: I love the spirit behind Rule #6, but that pretty much guarantees that the southern 1/3 of the map will be abandoned due to it's distance from any legit (in this game) border. A distance rule could maybe work....

Just my useless 2c.
1974 XL250 Street Tracker
2002 R1150GS White Whale
Dr. Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #15
usp45
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
There are a lot of good arguments about rule 6, that i didnt consider.
On with the game!