Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #136
Star-Bellied Sneetch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,756
A few years back he was having a big sale and I ordered seats for my Buell and my Multistrada. I don't remember the price, but it was very low. The seats were delivered quickly and on time with no fuss. The Buell seat is fantastic. I can't imagine it fitting any better. The Multistrada seat is not as good as the Corbin it replaced. There's very little to work with on that seat, though, due to the design. I'm happy with the whole process.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #137
Gillus
High Desert Rat

Oddometer: 671
I got in on a Rick Mayer year end 1/2 price sale for the GS (single front) rider seat rebuild a couple years ago. A week only the last week or few days of December. I found used seat and sent it to him a month ahead of my build date in March so no hurry on my end. Sent him pics and what I was looking for, a standard GS height for my GSA. He sent me a seat that is perfect for me. Each time I it I try to find a fault with it and can't.

My experience with him was great but I wasn't in a hurry or demanding.
Gillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #138
Sir Rodney
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Rick Mayer Saddles - Extreme order delay

Has anyone received a completed order from Rick Mayer Saddles in the past several months?
Sir Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #139
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546066
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #140
flei
queasy rider

Oddometer: 549
looks like this has been an issue for a loooooong time! too bad you didn't see that thread first, OP.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #141
Sir Rodney
n00b

Oddometer: 9
At this point I would be relieved to get my stock seat back in the condition I sent it and a full credit on my Visa card. At least I would only be out the shipping I paid to ship my seat. Worst case scenario is my stock seat has been lost and I'm out $300+
This would really suck if I did not have a backup seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flei View Post
looks like this has been an issue for a loooooong time! too bad you didn't see that thread first, OP.
Sir Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #142
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,518
If you want a GOOD custom seat call Russell. I did several years ago and have never looked back. I bought a used GS seat of the Flea Market here. When I opened the box there was a Sargent seat inside. I email the guy back thinking that I got the wrong box. "Nope" he says have the seat if it works we are square. It did not work worth a darn. So I email Russell fill out the form and send in the pictures they requested.

I asked for my seat to be +2" tall. The day my order gets there I get a nice phone call from Mary? I think, asking me if I meant -2". I emailed her a photo of me on the bike and she quickly said nevermind. I am Texas sized .

How professional is that to check on a possible customer error before they built the seat. OBTW, 500 mile days are now a breeze. I did three of them in a row and I could have easily done three more.

Rant over!

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #143
Jimznc!
Been Riding Longtime

Oddometer: 20
In the same boat as well!!! Billed in October its like pulling teeth to get any information. Lot of promised ship dates that were obviously missed. Going to dispute the charge with CC. Probably will never the see the stock seat. So now its eBay or Corbin.
Jimznc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #144
homeontherange
Ochlophobiac

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2112 View Post
if you want a good custom seat call russell.
+100
Old 02-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #145
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 738
You can't go wrong with Russell's! I am on 3rd saddle and a happy camper. After unhappy result with Corbin as my first aftermarket saddle few years ago, someone told me to bite the bullet and go with Russell's so I took his advice and I was glad I did that! I quickly earned 3 Iron Butt certification within 3 months of getting Russell's. My advice? Bite the bullet and go with Russell's.

And ironically, the father of Mayer's sold his business to Russell's so it made me wonder if it is because his two sons can't get along he decided to sell it to Russell?? Better details of this story can be found if you goggle it up..
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #146
matts1050
Tiger Rider

Oddometer: 295
My seats on the way with a months delay. Rick is going through some personal problems. He has moved his business out of his house and into a commercial space. That's all I know.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #147
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts1050 View Post
My seats on the way with a months delay. Rick is going through some personal problems. He has moved his business out of his house and into a commercial space. That's all I know.
Personal problems or not he should call his customers whose seats he's holding and stop taking new orders. This thread is 11 years old and the same story repeated too many times.

I just received my 5th new Russell Day Long. And for the 5th time, the seat was built on schedule, shipped when they said they would and a tracking number emailed. That's how you run a customer service centered business.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #148
matts1050
Tiger Rider

Oddometer: 295
Received the seat. The fit and finish are really nice.Rick did a great job. I sat on it for a few minutes and it's comfy but won't really know until I get out there(which could be a while with this shit weather!). It's really too bad that he can't get things together.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #149
Jimznc!
Been Riding Longtime

Oddometer: 20
Glad you have yours!!!I hope it was worth the wait. Well, its been at least 21 days since last contact from RMC. Still waiting and have dispute on file with the cc. Will see what happens next.
Jimznc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #150
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 391
I received my seats (rider and pillion) from Rick. Seat quality is excellent. A little backstory…

Seven years ago I had Rick build a seat (full leather) for my Multi. No service/delivery issues with order. Seat was great and enabled 1000 mile days and about 35k total miles.

I had Rick complete an adjustment/rebuild about a year ago. Rick will perform an adjustment for free -- just pay shipping. There were no service/delivery issues with the order.

I had Rick build me a seat for my Tiger 800 XC. Unfortunately, were was an extensive delay in the order. Communication was OK but commitments simply were not met. I originally ordered vinyl coverings but requested a no cost upgrade to leather due to the delay. Rick immediately agreed to the request.

While there are certainly other quality seats on the market, I've been very happy with the performance of my previous Rick Mayer seat and fully expect my new seat to meet my needs. Rick makes a great seat and is a good value. Would I use him again? Yes -- but would talk with him regarding delivery expectations, commitments, payments, etc. prior to ordering.
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote