Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #151
onefastrph
Shut up and ride.

Oddometer: 221
Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Rodney View Post
Has anyone received a completed order from Rick Mayer Saddles in the past several months?
Still waiting for mine...
onefastrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #152
Jimznc!
Been Riding Longtime

Oddometer: 30
I have it !! Came home from work last week and had a box from RMC. Definitely feels better than the Sargent! Glad to have it.

J
Jimznc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #153
wallycycle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Happy to hear that you have received your seat. I ordered mine January 8, despite many of the negative reviews of his service. There were afterall several happy customers also posting. And his price was very good. I'm an optimist. I had two great seats made by Bill Mayer but the price would have been double so I thought I'd give this guy a try. I wasn't in a big rush.

He promised me my seat would ship first week of April. No seat came. Since then I have emailed countless times, left many voice mails and have not heard back. Today I call again and 530-529-0626, the number on his website, has been disconnected.

He has $541.19 of my money. If I get my money back in the next few weeks, then he's just an irresponsible business man. If I don't get my money back, then he's nothing but a common thief and I will then have a good excuse to ride up to Red Bluff.
wallycycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #154
bmwrider1979
n00b

Oddometer: 4
not good news

He did another saddle for me 4 or 5 years ago was a week late no sweat

Sent my saddle in on the 3rd UPS ground was received on the 8th.

I did send in a week late so I can understand a delay

I too have sent emails and left 2 messages. no reply so far.

A bit worried about loosing my seat pan and the money paid to do the work.

Any one live near there to check on matters?

I did get voice mail on phone number 530-529-0626 today on 4/30/2014

bmwrider1979 screwed with this post 04-30-2014 at 03:34 PM
bmwrider1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #155
74C5
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
He promised me my seat would ship first week of April. No seat came. Since then I have emailed countless times, left many voice mails and have not heard back. Today I call again and 530-529-0626, the number on his website, has been disconnected.
Surprised that he moved his shop out of his nicely outfitted garage/shop. A couple years ago he was talking about relocating to the Diamond Springs area. Not sure what happened with that or the phone disconnection.
74C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #156
onefastrph
Shut up and ride.

Pissed

Put money down on mine 2/8/14 at the Chicago IMS. Talked to Rick personally. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

Rick called me on 2/26, said he received my saddle. I paid the remainder by credit card with Rick on the phone. Rick gave me a production date of 2/28.

Things start getting weird in March ~3/27. Rick calls me for the remaining payment. I call him back indicating I paid it...to him...on the phone on 2/26. Rick indicates by email my seat will ship 'next' week. Well, next week AND the week after pass so I contact him again. This time I get an email from an Amy Knox on 4/12 that my seat will go out 'next week'. Another 'next week' and week after that go by..still no seat so I email on 4/23...no response....emailed today again...no response. And now I see this thread come alive with this bullshit.

This guy's got my seat and my money. This is bullshit.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #157
onefastrph
Shut up and ride.

update - actions

File a BBB complaint here:

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

File an FTC complaint here:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

File a crime report here with the Red Bluff PD:

http://www.rbpd.org/onlinereports.php

...and obviously work with your credit card company as well.

Also...there's a thread on the MOA forum as well, and attempted to contact Rick privately over there with no response...
Old 04-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #158
wallycycle
Adventurer

I tried the phone number again tonight and now I get a FAX, to which I sent a letter canceling my order and requesting my money back.

Several guys have mentioned in this thread that he has personal/other issues lately, especially those that have had a satisfactory experience, and perhaps we should be more understanding and patient. I can empathize with that. I've been very flexible with him since this process started 4 months ago. When I talked with him on the phone and he whined a bit about some "issues" I said I understand. All I asked from him in return is that he communicate with me when the plan changes. He has failed to do so and there is no excuse for that. An email or phone call takes only a few minutes. It shows a complete lack of respect for his customers not to do so. If you can't deliver the product for whatever reason, then don't take the orders (money). Simple.

My cynical intuition side says that he dropped his prices at the end of the year to very low levels ($279 for a single leather seat is a good deal) to attract lots of orders/cash and this money has been used for these "non-business personal issues", hence not available for refunds.

If you can't deliver a product when promised, then it's even more important to communicate with your customers. Again, no excuse.

Up until this week I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He has been a dishonest man in my dealings with him.

Thanks for the links to BBB, FTC and RBPD. I hope it doesn't come to that.

To those thinking of placing an order with this man and giving him your hard earned money, I'd think twice.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:26 AM   #159
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,811
This thread is 11 years old. Personal problems, business problems, and other sad songs are nothing new for this guy. We've given him the benfit of the doubt for years, but nothing's changed. I've dealt with him a few times.. fool me once.. fool me twice.. I learned my lesson.

It's like he's running some kind of ponsy scheme. You will eventually get your seat, and that's how he stays in business by taking your money and sitting on it for months. In the meantime, your bike sits without a seat. I had to ride around with a sofa pillow strapped to my bike the last time I dealt with him. It wasn't pretty.

I just received my 5th Russel Day Long: built on time, shipped on time and total satisfaction.. plus the seat is truly a day long seat. Rick Mayer's isnt.

and please don't confuse Rick Mayer Cycle with Bill Mayer Saddles, who runs a great operation.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #160
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
This thread is 11 years old. Personal problems, business problems, and other sad songs are nothing new for this guy. We've given him the benfit of the doubt for years, but nothing's changed. I've dealt with him a few times.. fool me once.. fool me twice.. I learned my lesson.

It's like he's running some kind of ponsy scheme. You will eventually get your seat, and that's how he stays in business by taking your money and sitting on it for months. In the meantime, your bike sits without a seat. I had to ride around with a sofa pillow strapped to my bike the last time I dealt with him. It wasn't pretty.

I just received my 5th Russel Day Long: built on time, shipped on time and total satisfaction.. plus the seat is truly a day long seat. Rick Mayer's isnt.

and please don't confuse Rick Mayer Cycle with Bill Mayer Saddles, who runs a great operation.

Amazing the difference between the two brothers!
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #161
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 760
Rocky (Bill Mayer Saddles) is a terrific person to deal with.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #162
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,866
Rocky is just as bad. Totally screwed me over on a "custom" saddle.

He built it as he felt like, not at all what I wanted. I shipped it back, he did not correct the errors. He even admitted to me that he screwed up, twice. I had to pay shipping even though he made the mistake.

At that pint, I needed the seat and decided to cut my losses and just kept it as it was.

I would NEVER do business with either of these guys. Total dirtballs, IMO.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:35 AM   #163
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 760
Interesting. I know dozens of riders with BMS saddles and not one of them had your experience.
Must be frustrating.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #164
wallycycle
Adventurer

I have two BMS saddles that were ride in made and am very pleased with both, despite the fact that Rocky never actually did any of the work.

Maybe Rick Mayer makes a good saddle as well. I do know that he's an expert at not communicating, holding on to my money and not building me a seat four months on now.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #165
onefastrph
Shut up and ride.

Any updates from anyone??

On May 2 I got this message from Rick:
It is on my becn for pick up sat or mon at the latest Chris-sorry to have run so late.
Rick

I don't know WTF a becn is but apparently that's where he says my seat is. It's 8 days later now...still no seat...no tracking number...nothing.

onefastrph screwed with this post 05-10-2014 at 07:49 AM