User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #181
onefastrph
Shut up and ride.

Oddometer: 219
Finally got my seat

Finally, the seat I ordered on 2/8/14 arrived on 6/7/14. I'm glad to finally have this over since it's been a colossal waste of my time. Thanks to all that helped: the BMW MOA, the BBB, this forum, my credit card company, the RBPD. I hope others that are waiting get there's soon and also hope my experience serves as a warning to anyone considering doing business with RMC. Buyer beware. You've been warned....again.

Chris

R1200GS
onefastrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:31 AM   #182
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friz Freleng View Post
I was reading through the list of seminars that will be conducted at this year's BMW MOA rally in St. Paul and noticed one in particular: "3:15 pm - 3:45 pm Comfortable Distance Riding, Rick Mayer" http://bmwmoa.org/TheRally/ArtMID/31...-Schedule.aspx

The rally vendor list includes Bill Mayer but no mention of Rick Mayer.

So I guess the question I have is whether the "Rick Mayer" who is conducting the seminar is the same Rick Mayer who is the subject of this thread.
It's him. He did an Iron Butt a few years ago and has been flogging his seats with his picture at the finish. If he's not listed as vendor (because that costs $$) it would not come as a surprise if he's handing out his seat building flyers at his seminar. If you attend, be sure to let us know.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #183
onefastrph
Shut up and ride.

Oddometer: 219
Sounds like a week of not working on current orders while soliciting more new orders.

sent from my Moto X

R1200GS
onefastrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:24 AM   #184
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastrph View Post
Sounds like a week of not working on current orders while soliciting more new orders.

sent from my Moto X

Yup. It is all about cash flow.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #185
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friz Freleng View Post
I was reading through the list of seminars that will be conducted at this year's BMW MOA rally in St. Paul and noticed one in particular: "3:15 pm - 3:45 pm Comfortable Distance Riding, Rick Mayer" http://bmwmoa.org/TheRally/ArtMID/31...-Schedule.aspx

The rally vendor list includes Bill Mayer but no mention of Rick Mayer.

So I guess the question I have is whether the "Rick Mayer" who is conducting the seminar is the same Rick Mayer who is the subject of this thread.
That's odd because their is this big thread on MOA about Rick Mayer ripping off members.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...t-and-MY-money
Old 07-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #186
farrell caesar
Seezer

Oddometer: 384
Rick Mayer

He has done 3 seats for me. WR 250 one is great. 1150 GS is good too. I sent the 1200 gs seat back for adjustment and he did it right. Yes on the 1200 I had another seat to use while work was done. For the price I think he is hard to beat. Yes, the time taken can be a challenge. Rip off? that has not been my experience. Each to his own, but my experience on the net is that some people find another outlet for their road rage, sitting in front of their window to the whirled.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #187
flei
queasy rider

Oddometer: 516
enuf said! http://www.bbb.org/northeast-califor...ints#breakdown

never seen such consumer consensus on bad customer service!

i gotta wonder how this thread (started in January 2003!!!!) and his business continue to exist?? don't people seek reviews before they spend $$$$ on new seats? does that crappy tiny ad in BMW ON work that well? sheesh!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #188
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
I still never got a rain cover I ordered for my seat I bought almost a year ago. And he does not answer his phone..plus the fact that even after 2 adjustments the seat he made for my 2011 Kawasaki Concours was not built correctly. I've got nothing good to say about him and his seats.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #189
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by flei View Post
enuf said! http://www.bbb.org/northeast-califor...ints#breakdown

never seen such consumer consensus on bad customer service!

i gotta wonder how this thread (started in January 2003!!!!) and his business continue to exist?? don't people seek reviews before they spend $$$$ on new seats? does that crappy tiny ad in BMW ON work that well? sheesh!
The "free" rain cover is his fishing lure. 10 years ago I never received the promised rain cover either, even after hounding him for 6 months.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #190
drzep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Yet another complete hose job

Add me to there list of people being hosed by this guy. And I was a 3-peat customer! First two experiences were fine but this time its been a disaster.

Cross country trip planned with 8/2 departure. Called Rick 2 months ago, explained that it would be a rush and asked if he could do it in time. "Of course - repeat customer so I appreciate your business". One month ago I called b/c it was already past the promised build date. Nothing. Emails, nothing. Finally he writes me and says that "the heaters are on back-order so the seat won't be ready in time".

I'm livid at the over site and tell him I want to cancel the order. I spoke to sergeant and they were going to get me rider/pillion seats, both heated in 10 days. Rick writes back, and I quote:

"It won't be a problem to get this shipped to you next week. Lets proceed in that direction. Sorry for any miscues on my part."

Hum...ok. I'll bite. Despite that heaters were apparently on b/o, but whatever. He must have a few stashed away. That was about 3 weeks ago. Since then I have send ~10 emails, left 5 messages and have gotten ZERO response. Nothing. All I asked for (literally) was an update - even if he could not get these done in time. I didn't care. I just wanted to know that things were in the works. To see that he had the decency to respond. (However, he did charge my card another $150 for a leather upgrade a couple weeks back!!!)

Sent my last email tonight requesting that he contact me tomorrow or 1) this order is cancelled, 2) I will file a claim with the BBB, and 3) report this as a fraudulent transaction to my credit card company.

Total BS.
drzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #191
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzep View Post
Sent my last email tonight requesting that he contact me tomorrow or 1) this order is cancelled, 2) I will file a claim with the BBB, and 3) report this as a fraudulent transaction to my credit card company.

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #192
flei
queasy rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzep View Post

Total BS.

Somehow I don't think ANOTHER complaint to the BBB is going to cause him much concern nor influence his business practices for the better. See:http://www.bbb.org/northeast-califor...ints#breakdown
Old 08-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #193
Colorado_Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 1,026
Add me as well. After he made my XX mildly more comfortable than stock I sent it back to him. He said he made adjustments, when I got it back there were none that I could feel. I told him I wanted a refund, which I got but not after hearing him tell me I need to look into a different kind of bike. Reading about what's been said in this thread is not hard to believe at all.

I've come across a few vendors that will charge your card immediately but take weeks if not longer to respond to an email, and that response is never what you want to hear.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:18 AM   #194
drzep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by flei View Post
Somehow I don't think ANOTHER complaint to the BBB is going to cause him much concern nor influence his business practices for the better. See:http://www.bbb.org/northeast-califor...ints#breakdown

No?

8/12 issues resolved with BBB assistance...
drzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #195
flei
queasy rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by flei

"No?

8/12 issues resolved with BBB assistance..."

I'm very glad it worked out for you, drzep, and you got your money back. However, my point was that it is not likely that more complaints to the BBB will "cause him much concern or influence his business practices for the better." Based on the fact that this thread started 01/07/2003 yet the same problems seem to persist!