Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #196
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,877
pretty glowing report by iron butt assoc for Rick Mayer completely ass backwards from all the feedback in this thread. I've got an old Russel Day Long seat on G/S that I'm very pleased with.

Aftermarket Saddles - Iron Butt Association
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #197
drzep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Beware: Rick Mayer Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by flei View Post
I'm very glad it worked out for you, drzep, and you got your money back. However, my point was that it is not likely that more complaints to the BBB will "cause him much concern or influence his business practices for the better." Based on the fact that this thread started 01/07/2003 yet the same problems seem to persist!
That's interesting. So people should stop voicing an opinion / concern with the hope of change? Hum. Sounds like a sad day to me.

Well, either way I never said anything about my ordeal being taken care of (...it hasn't been, but I have not reported it). Just referring to the cases reported thus far. The ones you cited with the link.

Call me an optimist but at some point, old dogs can learn new tricks. And I'm not sure 12 formal complaints over 15 years is really earth shaking for most nitch business owners who will always have clients.

drzep screwed with this post 08-04-2014 at 07:30 PM
drzep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #198
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Oddometer: 2,299
I've watched this dufus get slammed for the last ten years. Wake up people don't hire him! Anybody that does deserves a shitty product/service/experience due to the fact they should have done some research. I bought my first after market saddle in 2001 and was hearing bad shit then, jeez...
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
XtreemLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #199
drzep
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtreemLEE View Post
I've watched this dufus get slammed for the last ten years. Wake up people don't hire him! Anybody that does deserves a shitty product/service/experience due to the fact they should have done some research. I bought my first after market saddle in 2001 and was hearing bad shit then, jeez...

Sadly after 3 different aftermarket seats (since 92), I've always found his the best for my anatomy. And after getting 2 seats from RMC with zero problems I figured I had a chance for a 3-peat. That's were I was wrong.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #200
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by drzep View Post
Sadly after 3 different aftermarket seats (since 92), I've always found his the best for my anatomy. And after getting 2 seats from RMC with zero problems I figured I had a chance for a 3-peat. That's were I was wrong.
He doesn't have any magic, any "good" long distance saddle will probably be just fine. Remember Russell Saddles makes the original with the real metal springs.
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
XtreemLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #201
drzep
Adventurer

I hear you. I had a RDL on my 1200RT. It was good but Im a very light person so it was much more than I needed. Plus I don't like the large profile of the seat. I've been at this 20+ years so I sorta know what works for me...

I knew it was a gamble going with Rick again - and I have actually done my research. I rolled the dice and got burned. Can only blame myself but wanted to share the story here. That's all.

I'll update if / when it comes.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #202
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,866
The IBA story is some three years old at this point. A lot can change in that amount of time. Or not.

Do you really want to gamble after reading all these stories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
pretty glowing report by iron butt assoc for Rick Mayer completely ass backwards from all the feedback in this thread. I've got an old Russel Day Long seat on G/S that I'm very pleased with.

Aftermarket Saddles - Iron Butt Association

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #203
kirkkw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Rick Mayer

I had Rick make a seat for my R100RT back around 2002 and it was an all day comfortable seat.

Later (2007) I had Russel build my current seat for my K1100RS- I would say it is marginally better than Rick's. However, it cost quite a bit more also.

Had fine experiences with both.
kirkkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #204
drzep
Adventurer

To update: got an email from stamps.com on August 15 saying that they rcvd electronic notification of a USPS package to be shipped. Delivery date 3-9 days.

Well, still no seat, no returned calls/emails from Rick, and USPS has no record of even picking up the package from him.

There you have it.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #205
CNS-IT
Let Go

Oddometer: 530
Just found this site.

http://www.dontbuyrickmayercycle.com/
Old 09-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #206
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNS-IT View Post
HAHAHA!!

Got to love our Freedom of Speech!
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #207
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,762

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #208
drzep
Adventurer

Quote:
This is the sort of thing that needs to be done. Strong work on the site and idea.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #209
onefastrph
Shut up and ride.

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Great but how would anyone find this site unless you went looking for it...doesn't come up as a hit when searching for Rick Mayer Cycle.
onefastrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #210
CNS-IT
Let Go

Oddometer: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastrph View Post
Great but how would anyone find this site unless you went looking for it...doesn't come up as a hit when searching for Rick Mayer Cycle.
Not sure.
But, I just did a search for Rick Mayer Cycle on Google. This thread came up on the first page of results, as did DontBuyRickMayerCycle.com.

It appears to be a new site and may take a while to get ranked. That is unless the owner of the site pays to have it rank higher in search results.

On Bing the site (DontBuyRickMayerCycle.com) is the 7th, listing.

YMMV