Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #106
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post
Did you happen to notice the date Fish started this thread, Jan 2003.
Noted, but posted anyway

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #107
matts1050
Tiger Rider

Oddometer: 296
My experience with Rick mayer Saddles

I called Rick Nov 26, 2013 to place my order. I emailed him the form and pictures. A week later I received an email form him stating the seat would be built on Jan 2nd. He charged my card on Nov 26. The first week of Feb I emailed him asking for an update. A few days later he emails me telling me that he was in the process of moving his shop and PROMISED it would ship "No later than Feb 12". I can understand that-no problem. Yesterday I emailed him asking if it shipped and told him I was unhappy with the way he does business, especially that he's had my money for so long. I will post this in the other forums I belong to. I haven't exaggerated anything here. I will give him until Friday to get me a tracking #. If not I will call my credit card company and dispute the charge. I want to get my seat back from this guy but I don't know what I can do but bug him with more emails. He doesn't pick up his phone.

matts1050 screwed with this post 02-18-2014 at 05:01 PM
matts1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #108
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
Anybody know what's up with Rick Mayer?

His phone isn't working, just sounds like a fax machine, and he has not responded to emails. He has had my seat for its second adjustment for neat 2 weeks. This is turning into a bad experience with him so far. He has failed to meet every single time line he has set and never shipped me my rain cover which I paid for 4 months ago. I know he was suppose to be in Chicago earlier in the month but should be back at the shop by now.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #109
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,418
Moved to Vendors. It sounds like nothing's changed in years and for some reason the rain cover dance is the same over and over.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:31 AM   #110
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 707
There are better options for rain covers.
www.kingoffleece.com
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:37 AM   #111
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,910
I didnt buy a rain cover. but I did buy a seat and I absolutely love it. Communications was just fine. The turnaround was fine and emails were returned promptly.

I guess you could always buy a Russel for twice as much money.
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:00 AM   #112
matts1050
Tiger Rider

2 days ago Rick emailed me that he was so sorry and he is shipping the next day and I would have the tracking # yesterday. Guess what..
He might charge less but he gives 100% less customer service. The guy is just a terrible businessman. Calling my CC company today to put in a dispute.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #113
matts1050
Tiger Rider

Thumbs down

Another day gone by and another email from Rick. "It's boxed and labeled-I will send you the track later today". Guess what...
Old 02-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #114
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts1050 View Post
Another day gone by and another email from Rick. "It's boxed and labeled-I will send you the track later today". Guess what...

He hand delivered it along with an apology and a big hug.

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #115
matts1050
Tiger Rider

Old 02-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #116
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
I didnt buy a rain cover. but I did buy a seat and I absolutely love it. Communications was just fine. The turnaround was fine and emails were returned promptly.

I guess you could always buy a Russel for twice as much money.
Twice the comfort, twice the quality and half the risk of getting screwed.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #117
Against The Wind
I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer: 1,302
Between 2000 and 2004 I ordered 3 seats from Rick Mayer. The first one went well, the second and third didn't. He pulled the same shit he's been doing to others for the last 10 year. Rain covers that I paid for were never sent with the seat and the promised rain covers were never sent. I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time, and when he pulled the same stunt the second time, I was done with him.

I've since switched to Russell Day Long and ordered my 5th seat from them 4 weeks ago. They gave me a build date of Feb. 12, and told me after that date it takes about 10 days to finish it and ship it. Today, 8 days later, I was informed that my seat was completed, was shipped and a tracking number was emailed.

This is now 5 times in a row that Russell Day Long builds the seat and ships it on time. Oh and it is truly a day long seat. To me, Day Long comfort is priceless.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #118
ElTigre1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Rick? Rick? You out there, buddy?
ElTigre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #119
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts1050 View Post
Sadly this is exactly what I experienced 7 years ago. I guess people never change!

JimVonBaden screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 09:51 PM
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #120
Robert_W
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
I'll give you my Rick story. Put one on my old GT. '08 Did a scheduled ride in. Show up that morn on time. Wander around outside his shop / house for an hour before any one shows up. He's there. Doesn't care that I am apparently. No one comes out or to the door. First sign. Then we do a walk around his place. Cool...but lets get to building my seat. Second sign. Then his workers came in...late...and were the ones that actually did 90% of anything. Mind you this whole time he's BS'ing with me...other are showing up etc. More signs. OK I'm easy lets just get this seat built.

So...yes...he finally gets around to doing a bit of the work on my seat. And yeah he wasn't a bad guy or rude. Quite pleasant to talk to actually but I could tell that any emphasis on business professionalism and communication were greatly lacking.

OK...we get my seat done. It's now like well into early after noon. 2 or later. I showed up at like 8 or 9 and was expecting to be there 2 or 3 hours max. Love the seat. I'm very happy with it. Absolutely no complaints in the regard. Great.

So I go to pay the guy...cash in hand...and his idea not mine...he finds out what I do and asked if I'd be interested in bartering / trade? No not really is ALWAYS my initial reaction to this question. I don't like to own people money and it's just rather bad business practice / etiquette in the first place. How ever for some reason I said yes. Against my better judgement. OK we'll trade for lodging.

3 years go by and every year I have contact with him. He's coming...he's not coming...he's coming...he's not coming...let me just send you the money...Oh no, don't worry...we'll get there one of these days! etc etc yada yada.

Finally I just say to him...look man, I'm just going to send you a check and we'll be good. OK...great. Thanks. All good....end of story right?

EH...

3 more years go by...his kid calls me out of the blue...

Hey man...I'm getting married and we want to use that credit that you still owe my dad to put towards renting out your place for our wedding / honeymoon!

Thank goodness I paid him by check.

Yeah...his business practice and communication leave a LOT to be desired.

Buy a Russell
www.kroutfitters.com
Robert_W is offline   Reply With Quote