Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #76
gsstampeder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
Thanks for taking the time to write this up in such detail. I'm headed down at the end of the month for two weeks, and will likely stay at La Damiana due to your recommendation, as well as try to get to those nearby falls.

Its striking to notice how things fall into place even when they seem like they've hit the fan -- and you had a lot of close calls. Makes one think that the universe is a supportive place. Sounds like you had the adventure of a lifetime... you earned it!

Murph, you won't be disappointed. You can check out their place at www.ladamianainn.com

They will assist you in whatever you need as well. Where to eat, what to see, etc. I seriously recommend visiting Agua Verde if you have the time. The turn off is about 1/2 hr to 45 minutes south of Loreto (just as you leave the windy section of paved road) and then another hour or so in to the beach..but worth the drive.

The falls I think you are referring to are not near Loreto though. They are closer to Cabo Pulmo on the east cape road.
pm me if you have any questions and I'll try and help where I can.
Good luck with your trip.

I may even see you down there....

gsstampeder screwed with this post 02-09-2010 at 11:16 AM
gsstampeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #77
gsstampeder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Jay

I never actually made it all the way to the fishing village at agua Verde. I stopped along the beach at the first level spot after coming thru the second range. Huh?
I had planned to ride to the end but I hit the beach and it was game over. When I took my panniers off and tried ride the flat sand I was sinkjung in too deep or wasn't doing it right and I thought to ride out to the village, just to see....but i didn't want to get too far away from all my gear and paaniers which I left to ride the sand.

Plus my beers were getting warmer by the minute!

So no, I didn't see the cemetary and your 'fun spot'
Old 02-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #78
gsstampeder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Macgart - I'm goin back for stickers, you want one?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #79
northof49
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder
Macgart - I'm goin back for stickers, you want one?
okay now you have me worried. Every place i pass i will have to stop looking for the "holy grail" sticker.

northof49
northof49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #80
Murph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Not disappointed at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder
Murph, you won't be disappointed...
I may even see you down there....
Well, I certainly haven't been, even though its included a rather sticky dilemma (see thread here). Also lost my right luggage bag after hitting a large pothole (friend picked it up -- I didn't even realize it had bounced off, and good thing he wasn't hit) and had to 'Mcgalver' it (the gal version of McGuyver) to keep it attached for rest of the trip.

Mike @ the Iguana Inn, Loreto is a great guy and the place is well worth the stay. Iguana was booked with my traveling companions, so I did stay at La Damania -- beautiful place, well located, and truly accommodating and kind hosts. However, by the time I arrived in Loreto my clutch was out, so while I'm in LaPaz, my bike is still in Loreto. Mike helped me find resources in town, as did Deborah/Gerardo.

Making the most of the time left, though!
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #81
Velocipede
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Baja Ride

Finally got to read this really good RR.I was down there at the same time you were but had a little get off which slowed me down for a few weeks while I let my old bones recover in BoLA in a Palapa on the beach.I finally made it as far as Loreta before heading back north.You were fortunate to meet up with the German riders,it can make a huge difference to be riding with compatible riders.
John
Velocipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #82
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,468
excellent RR...I will go to Baja someday

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote