Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
sb955i OP
Grudge no toil.

Oddometer: 71
Toronto to BMWMOA Rally at Billings

Hi Folks,
I've done the run directly west from St.Paul through Fargo and out to Montana a couple of times. Love the plains.

This time I'm thinking of riding farther south then across, perhaps hitting Oklahoma City, Denver, Yellowstone then up.

I plan to not plan too much, I'm taking a tent, but will most likely motel most of the trip there and back when I'm putting down the miles.

Any Advice for great routes, good cities to visit, interesting attractions, weather, temps, traffic to avoid, etc much appreciated. Looking at maps isn't helping me sort it out LOL.

Sb955i.
'15 BMW R1200GSA LC, '05 BMW R1200RT, '02 KTM 640 LC4 Adv, '99 Wife #1,..
"In order to maintain an untenable position, you have to be actively ignorant" - Stephen Colbert
sb955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #2
WeJoBe
n00b

Oddometer: 4
If you come through Denver ride up to Estes Park, through Rocky Mt National Park (will cost ya $20 unless you have a Nat'l park pass), over Trail Ridge Road (12k feet elevation) exiting the park on the West side in Grand Lake and then make your way to Steamboat. From there you can easily head North to enter Yellowstone via Jackson Hole. This stretch will no doubt create a memorable chapter of your expedition. My recommendation would be to spend the night in the Denver area, travel through the park during the earlier part of the next day to avoid sketchy weather that can come each afternoon at the higher altitudes (1-4pm) and spend that evening in Steamboat. Next day will easily put you into Yellowstone Park. Safe travels my friend and see ya in Billings!
WeJoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:50 PM   #3
sb955i OP
Grudge no toil.

Oddometer: 71
Thanks very much. I hadn't thought about mountain weather. Looks like a nice ride and I'll definitely add it to the route. If this all comes together I'll ping you around the time of the rally and meet up to buy you a drink

Sb955i.
'15 BMW R1200GSA LC, '05 BMW R1200RT, '02 KTM 640 LC4 Adv, '99 Wife #1,..
"In order to maintain an untenable position, you have to be actively ignorant" - Stephen Colbert
sb955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 PM   #4
WeJoBe
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Sounds great, regardless of the path you take I'd be interested in hearing about your adventures....over a few beers, even better. I'm gonna jet straight up i25 from Denver halfway across WY and then swing West and up through Yellowstone myself. Probably depart early because I have family in Bozeman, MT I need to catch up with for a few days before the rally. Best of luck to you and enjoy the ride! 🏼
WeJoBe is offline   Reply With Quote