Leo's Laredo Video

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #137
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider
You could've answered w/o mentioning the food thing... ...

Could she have been experiencing some kinda extreme orgasms, or is that reaching a tad far?

She was sick, man. We all remember heave and his evil twins barf and groan? She had them bad.

I don't even remember what she looked like. She had her head between her knees doing the Exorcist pea soup thing.
Lobby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #138
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby
She was sick, man. We all remember heave and his evil twins barf and groan? She had them bad.

I don't even remember what she looked like. She had her head between her knees doing the Exorcist pea soup thing.
OK, I didn't want to push it.
Mexican women are different, of course, and I just wondered...
But you shoulda hit that bar...
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #139
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
You guys are a buncha sick SOBs.

Not like there is anything wrong with that ...
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #140
hludwit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
here my two cents...or centavos

Is Mexico Safe:
It all depends! How lucky you feel and, Who do You know... in places like Juarez
There is an element of "Danger" to anyone in that area or crossing that border town. Unfortunatelly I have had friends who no longer are among the living, to put it kindly.

And I have someone who is very close to me, that tells me that is like "the old west" or places in afghanistan. And not the place for me to venture into it.
I asked the same question to him, last time I visited the area.... His reply was: Only the strong survive.... You must be ready to deal with whatever or whoever comes your way, and be content with your decision or outcome.

I travel to Mexico's interior on a regular basis, but TJ isn't like Juarez, and obviously I dont have a business that I must attend on a daily basis to an area like that. Only those who live and know the area can really tell you the degree of how bad things are.

There has been a few ADVriders that have crossed that area and have made it thru without a problem. Sometimes our footprint and the quickness of our travel gives an advantage over a possible change of itinerary.

Is Mexico Safe? I believe it is! but I will avoid certain areas where is questionable....
hludwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #141
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hludwit
Is Mexico Safe:
It all depends! How lucky you feel and, Who do You know... in places like Juarez
There is an element of "Danger" to anyone in that area or crossing that border town. Unfortunatelly I have had friends who no longer are among the living, to put it kindly.

And I have someone who is very close to me, that tells me that is like "the old west" or places in afghanistan. And not the place for me to venture into it.
I asked the same question to him, last time I visited the area.... His reply was: Only the strong survive.... You must be ready to deal with whatever or whoever comes your way, and be content with your decision or outcome.

I travel to Mexico's interior on a regular basis, but TJ isn't like Juarez, and obviously I dont have a business that I must attend on a daily basis to an area like that. Only those who live and know the area can really tell you the degree of how bad things are.

There has been a few ADVriders that have crossed that area and have made it thru without a problem. Sometimes our footprint and the quickness of our travel gives an advantage over a possible change of itinerary.

Is Mexico Safe? I believe it is! but I will avoid certain areas where is questionable....

To put it another way, who the hell wants to spend a vacation riding around Juarez? That makes as much sense as spending equal time riding around downtown Detroit.

The other side of the coin is that I can show you some places in Mexico that are so gringo friendly that they are kinda boring. As a Norte Americano, you couldn't hardly get arrested if you worked at it.

The vast majority of the country has nice people, great food, beautiful scenery, and roads that are demanding. That's the bottom line.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #142
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
To put it another way, who the hell wants to spend a vacation riding around Juarez? That makes as much sense as spending equal time riding around downtown Detroit.

The other side of the coin is that I can show you some places in Mexico that are so gringo friendly that they are kinda boring. As a Norte Americano, you couldn't hardly get arrested if you worked at it.

The vast majority of the country has nice people, great food, beautiful scenery, and roads that are demanding. That's the bottom line.
As a reinforcing statement, this past weekend, the gentlement on the picture, did let us camp inside his property near at galeana, he owns this small ranch but does not lives right there. We meet him by third party reference, so he nicely let us in, open the doors chat for a while, then he said, please close the gate when you leave tomorrow, have a good night guys.

Said that, he went to his house at the galeana town and left us in entire posesion of his property, and he just barely knew us.

oh, by the way, it was safe to ride once again in Mexico.

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #143
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte

Said that, he went to his house at the galeana town and left us in entire posesion of his property, and he just barely knew us.

oh, by the way, it was safe to ride once again in Mexico.

He looks like a tough hombre there Arte. He didn't try to rob you guys or steal your bikes, did he? After all, we hear that happens ALL the time in Mexico!

(As an aside, just to point out how silly those stories are, when I was in Tampico a few years ago I met a Canadian retiree a couple of times and we shared dinner and some tall tales. He told me that a fellow Canadian got drunk in a bar in the Playa Miramar [beach area of Tampico] and when he woke up the next morning he discovered that someone had stolen his dog. So the local radio stations were airing appeals to return the man's dog, and that everyone at the beaches was looking out for it )

Glad that y'all had fun. I'll be looking forward to your ride report.

Borrowed from one of the other inmates here:

Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #144
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,448
Recently returned from 16 days in Mexico, and I had nothing but good experiences with nice friendly people. Not once did I feel unsafe (well, ok, riding back to camp in the dark 2up with no gear on a sandy two track through cactus- but that was it). A wonderful country.

Not many tourists, and alot of the hotels and restaurants in Baja seem to be really hurting. It's a great time to travel there- the exchange rate is great, and you'll have the place to yourself.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #145
Slowphil
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko
I think I probably posted this before somewhere but here it goes again as I think it provides some perspective.

A few years ago a Canadian couple flew down to Cancun for a family wedding. They were murdered and the Canadian news media was all over it like white on rice. "Corrupt Mexican authorities, corrupt police officials, extortion, lawless country,,don't go there your life is at risk!!!!..etc , etc,"

The US and Canadian news media frenzy went on for weeks. Finally the Canadian govt decides that they need to intervene and teach the Mexican police how to do an investigation. The outcome, through the joint effort of both countries, was that the murderers were fellow Canadians. All of the media drama ended in Canada. Buried on pg 19 of the Toronto papers.

Same story in Cabo, Canadian murdered and guess who killed him. A Mexican along with an American in a botched robbery attempt.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/0...gsuspects.html
It turns out it was Blas Delgado Fajaroo, a security guard who killed the Canadian couple, the other 2 Canadian woman were cleared of the charges. Also the RCMP were sent down to assist the Mexican authorities, not "teach them how to do an investigation" as you so sarcastically say.

This is not to slam Mexico, I love it down there and want to spend more time there, most of Mexico is no more dangerous than the little village I live in on the east coast of Canada.

Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX.......making squids out of gentlemen since 1996
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #146
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,474
There was another cbs webpage dated 2009 that documents your info and the info in the first webpage I posted was dated. When I did the search for the killings that I had heard about 4 years ago, the 2009 webpage did not come up. My apology.

The later followup information in 2009 points to a Mexican as the murderer and not Canadians.:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...ngs071609.html

As for as my sarcastic remarks about the Canadian's intervention in the matter, take from that what you want. I doubt if the Canadians would be happy if the Mexicans sent their police units to Canada to assist in the murder investigation of Mexicans.

Kiko screwed with this post 02-08-2010 at 05:37 PM
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #147
bmwktmbill
Traveler

Oddometer: 4,765
Safety in the northern statesof Mexico

Guys,
Just read all 10 pages...I am tempted to tell you all to go fuck yourselves because this whole thread is so basically useless for real travelers...but I need your information.

And please don't just dismiss me if I offend you, I have ridden my motorcycle around the world almost twice and in the process did all of north, central and South America. I was in Columbia, in Bolivia, Venezuela and Argentina many times with the Comunista and the common people talking about the political changes which ultimately resulted in leftest governments coming to power in most of the countries in the last 5 years. I was also 3 weeks in Medellin, Columbia, I was 3 weeks in Nicaragua so please respect my questions(I also rode in across eastern Russia and into Mongolia and then to the Bikial and west to Europe, that is a dangerous area, I was often alone). I've been through hundreds of military checkpoints and through non-government Shining Path checks in the Andes just before they took some towns away from the government. And so on, I have seen plenty.

As a travel biker I always got a pass.
Still, right now Mexico is acting crazy.
Corrupt officials, rigged elections, illegial aliens and drugs mixed with poverty, all has created areas of chaos. But where?

I am not a city person, I live in northern Wisconsin. I am considering establishing a country residence, drivable from the USA, in Mexico because I am ready to retire. If you draw a straight line from Wisconsin to Mexico you will pass through the Austin area and cross the border at Del Rio, Tx. I am especially interested in this general area and the Big Bend area but on the Mexican side of the border and then west through northern Mexico toward Creel and the Sierra Madres. I am not interested in the 'tourist areas' or a week at the 'Big Sky Ranch'. I am looking for a beautiful landscape and finding out about the 'sky islands'.

If anyone has decent information or first hand experience about the safety in this northern Mexico area or has traveled the northern states east to west 100-300 miles south of the border and can speak about the safety they found, I would really appreciate an update. The Mexican people are involved in growing drugs and moving drugs into the USA and they are killing each other but exactly where and why it has been impossible for me to find out.

I just ordered good mapping that would take me from Matamoros all the way to the Baja...there are a ton of dirt roads and National parks.

Have any of you experts checked them out or traveled east and west 300 miles or less along the border on the Mexican side?
It's some wild country. Sparcely inhabited. Mountains, deserts and canyons.

Any ideas would help.
Or references to good threads?
Thank in advance.
bill

The faster it goes the faster it breaks.
And high performance=high maintenance.
Bill Shockley
bmwktmbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #148
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwktmbill
Guys,
Just read all 10 pages...I am tempted to tell you all to go fuck yourselves because this whole thread is so basically useless for real travelers...but I need your information.

And please don't just dismiss me if I offend you, I have ridden my motorcycle around the world almost twice and in the process did all of north, central and South America. I was in Columbia, in Bolivia, Venezuela and Argentina many times with the Comunista and the common people talking about the political changes which ultimately resulted in leftest governments coming to power in most of the countries in the last 5 years. I was also 3 weeks in Medellin, Columbia, I was 3 weeks in Nicaragua so please respect my questions(I also rode in across eastern Russia and into Mongolia and then to the Bikial and west to Europe, that is a dangerous area, I was often alone). I've been through hundreds of military checkpoints and through non-government Shining Path checks in the Andes just before they took some towns away from the government. And so on, I have seen plenty.

Corrupt officials, rigged elections, illegial aliens and drugs mixed with poverty, all has created areas of chaos. But where?

I am not a city person, I live in northern Wisconsin. I am considering establishing a country residence, drivable from the USA, in Mexico because I am ready to retire. If you draw a straight line from Wisconsin to Mexico you will pass through the Austin area and cross the border at Del Rio, Tx. I am especially interested in this general area and the Big Bend area but on the Mexican side of the border and then west through northern Mexico toward Creel and the Sierra Madres. I am not interested in the 'tourist areas' or a week at the 'Big Sky Ranch'. I am looking for a beautiful landscape and finding out about the 'sky islands'.

If anyone has decent information or first hand experience about the safety in this northern Mexico area or has traveled the northern states east to west 100-300 miles south of the border and can speak about the safety they found, I would really appreciate an update. The Mexican people are involved in growing drugs and moving drugs into the USA and they are killing each other but exactly where and why it has been impossible for me to find out.

I just ordered good mapping that would take me from Matamoros all the way to the Baja...there are a ton of dirt roads and National parks.

Have any of you experts checked them out or traveled east and west 300 miles or less along the border on the Mexican side?

Any ideas would help.
Thank in advance.
bill
Everyone has their own barometer of what's acceptable risk.

Personally I'm not afraid of Mexico, at all. I don't like Tijuana, so I don't go there. But I'm not afraid of it.

Mexican drug cartels have made Mexico City the the kidnapping capitol of the world, but then again they've made Phoenix #2. Yet, is Phoenix considered "dangerous" in general?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #149
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,570
Quote:
Guys,

Any ideas would help.
Thank in advance.
bill
Bill sounds like you have been enough places, if you haven't died yet going you must be doing something right. Just use you head and go. There will always be trouble, but there's more good people than bad.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #150
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Guys,

Dood ... I don't know how to tell you this. But several of us that have posted here are "real travelers" and would seem to have more miles and experience with Mexico than you do.

Quote:

Any ideas would help.
Thank in advance.
bill

I'm living on the border in the McAllen, Texas area. I've been as far east as Matamoros and as far west as the Crossing at Nogales. I can get to the Pharr crossing in 10 minutes on a good day from my office.

As I have written the "danger" is grossly exaggerated and a sane person (non- gun smuggling and non- dope dealing) should have no trouble whatsoever here.

Head south and you won't have any trouble. Once you get to Victoria or Tampico they can't even spell "border."

There are plenty of folks here in ADVRIder that live in Texas and travel into Mexico regularly who will tell you the same.