Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #15676
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
I had a Propofol, Versed cocktail on Tuesday and got to wear the night gown thingie with the ass hanging out.
Good news: you had a colonoscopy

Bad news: your nurse's name was Eddy

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #15677
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
What the hell am I in for next month?
Apple juice, doo rags, espressos, Burning Man 2012 highlight vids, meaningful discussions on how Obamacare will affect vegans who own 2.3 Airedale terriers and 1.9 Volvos while avoiding higher tax brackets, photos of Richard Branson working as a stewardess in fish net stockings, debate over whether your condoms will leave circular impressions in your drop wallet or not. How helmets affect rogain users.
You know, all the usual stuff.

Oh, snap!

You meant down here on the Gulf!

I thought you meant the Latin American riders rally that's held in Michigan or some place that isn't Latin America.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #15678
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post

Bad news: your nurse's name was Eddy

Had a pin inserted through the bone in a finger, tendon broke the evening before I was supposed to join RW66 and Pilot815 on their Mexico ride.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #15679
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Had a pin inserted through the bone in a finger, tendon broke the evening before I was supposed to join RW66 and Pilot815 on their Mexico ride.

A mere flesh wound. You are a KLR rider. Douse it with some cheap wine and then use krazy glue and duct tape.
No, sorry, that's how you fix the radiator.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #15680
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Mike, who are Nick Cave and Andrew Belew ? No really ,I never heard of them , some kind of musicians I guess?
As for BMW dealerships I've been to lots of them .I actually still have two in the garage, one R100 with a bit of dust and an dead old battery and an 1100GS waiting for a transmission transplant , parts in possession for two years already , I will get to it soon.
Actually Trice is partly responsible for my accepting the iPhone solution as he explained how much it could do on posts here on that question about two years ago.
Then my friend Oldtwowheel offered to give me a fully functional 3GS which his family no longer had use for , thanks again John I may never own a computer !
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #15681
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,984
Quote:
I had a Propofol, Versed cocktail on Tuesday and got to wear the night gown thingie with the ass hanging out.
Why Propofol AND Versed ?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #15682
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Sjoerd, I was just having some fun. Both artists mentioned are indeed musicians, exceptionally talented but never have received the widescale conventional recognition they deserve.
Not everone's cup of tea, maybe RMO will feature them next time he "slipstreams" live and direct from Teluride.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #15683
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Why Propofol AND Versed ?
one of them induces retrograde amnesia, I think. Seems to me it's a common combo. Worked well.

Got my lobster-like bandage removed today and now have a more compact splint, the PT made me an extra one without the velcro closure that will fit in the motorcycle glove. He was excitedly recalling daring do on a scooter he had as a kid.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #15684
R-W
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Apple juice, doo rags, espressos, Burning Man 2012 highlight vids, meaningful discussions on how Obamacare will affect vegans who own 2.3 Airedale terriers and 1.9 Volvos while avoiding higher tax brackets, photos of Richard Branson working as a stewardess in fish net stockings, debate over whether your condoms will leave circular impressions in your drop wallet or not. How helmets affect rogain users.
You know, all the usual stuff.
Oh crap... I am laughing so hard, you just made me spill my Chai-carob-ginseng-echinacea-virgin-latte all over my vegi-organic quiche!
R-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #15685
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Ok, now let's chin wag about that yellow submarine by captain Paul Dunstall and first mate Mick Hemmings in that avatar photo. Quaiffe box, too? Or a gutted close rato AMC?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #15686
D K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker View Post
The iPhone is a lot smaller to carry .
Than?
iPhone and iPod touch = same size

Quote:

With a $IM €ard it would entail having to $ign up with $ome t¥pe of phone service
Not if you do pay as you go....

Quote:

Forgetting to remove such a $IM card from the phone while crossing into another country could cost a person hundreds of dollars on roaming charges without making a single call
Another reason to go - PAY AS YOU GO.

All of the above mentioned problems can be avoided if you have an unlocked phone, and don't buy into the bullshit AT&T feeds you.
’08 950SE - sold
’09 FE570 - sold
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #15687
D K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:

Bad news: your nurse had both his hands on your shoulders

’08 950SE - sold
’09 FE570 - sold
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #15688
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,387
Quote:
Actually Trice is partly responsible for my accepting the iPhone solution as he explained how much it could do on posts here on that question about two years ago.
Skype on the iPhone works so well, almost everywhere

TIP: bring coorded earphones since you will not want to be holding the phone to your ears while using Skype

TIP: many phones suck the power out of their batteries faster than the government drains the treasury. I've seen some travelers with working phones who forget their charger, so that's problem #1. But there are a lot of companies who make effective and inexpensive battery backups. If you have a signal and are trying to talk to your mechanic back in Texas or coordinating some medical situation, it will come in handy. I used one when WhiskeySmith had his major crash a year ago October.

TIP: Like I mentioned a few posts back, look into texting between riders in Mexico. Test it. Real handy, not just in situations when you get separated. Good for making a rendezvous when hiking separately in town for a time on your own tour.

TIP: iPhone (or similar) map function works great in Mexico and between that and Google, is like having a Fodors in your pocket.

I take an IPad to Mexico now, mostly to work with photos using an app called Snapseed.

You IPad guys need to check that out, with that and a camera connection kit, you are in business. Texas guys may know Skip Hunt, that's all he uses most nowadays. Fast, effective, relatively cheap, and fun.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #15689
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Play List

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Sjoerd, I was just having some fun. Both artists mentioned are indeed musicians, exceptionally talented but never have received the widescale conventional recognition they deserve.
Not everone's cup of tea, maybe RMO will feature them next time he "slipstreams" live and direct from Teluride.
Added to play list. Nick Cave & The Bad Seed, Belew with: NIN, King Crimson and Talking Heads, Wiil let you know when.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #15690
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Quote:

TIP: Like I mentioned a few posts back, look into texting between riders in Mexico. Test it.

Prohibitively expensive for extensive use with my Verizon North America Plan. What about that app you showed me that sends/receives your location? Still need wifi though.

TIP: iPhone (or similar) map function works great in Mexico and between that and Google, is like having a Fodors in your pocket.

Works great if you have wi fi. If you are out on street where you really need it have to have data turned on...really expensive if you haven't bought expensive data plan. Working hand held GPS cheaper. Free maps from hotels and tourist offices cheaper still.

I take an IPad to Mexico now, mostly to work with photos using an app called Snapseed.

Do you still need the tedium and bandwidth necessary to upload to smugmug for posting here?

You IPad guys need to check that out, with that and a camera connection kit, you are in business. Texas guys may know Skip Hunt, that's all he uses most nowadays. Fast, effective, relatively cheap, and fun.
Camera kit works great. Very easy to fill up ICloud storage and need to buy more in mid journey. From iPad photos you can only eMail one pic at a time...yahoo mail will not allow me to attach files from iPad. Can receive attachments but not upload, an inconvenience and a pita sending one at a time from Photos.

Judging from the pic of your daughter in Italy Tricewife must be absolutely gorgeous with very dominant genes