User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #16651
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,578
Hey MikeMike-

Is Morris the Cat going to win in Xalapa?

And Donnie- be careful down there!
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #16652
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
If you don't like that manner then YOU use another one.
Hey Donnie, if you don't want to discuss the fucking incident, then why post it here in the first place? Sheesh!

Quote:
I don't plan on contacting anyone, other than sharing here on ADV. You will better understand as the story unfolds.
Oh. Is the story not over? Are you still in captivity or is this a ride report?

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #16653
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,122
Mark, Morris is getting votes!
I hope he wins, traffic was locked solid north bound out of Xalapa, yesterday.
Good thing the bypass was open!
Getting into Veracruz via the north end endwas difficult, too.
Mexican riding skills came into play. In fact, if I ride in any other country, I will likely be doing time!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #16654
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Ley seca, day before and day of elections, always has been so, but lots of pressure now to change it.

Schizz, I will post pic of what I was following most of yesterday, later.
Donnie ain't gonna like this!
Our amigo has a bit of an attitude towards a certain, uhmm, manufacturer, but I've nicked many a Beemer rider with my UltraGlide. Some up here can tell you about that. Any 900 lb bike that can loft the front wheel is a strong bike. And fast. Up to 116 mph, anyways.

Maybe it's time to set up a little Challenge Ride between Donnie and The Mystery Rider. Hmmmmm..........

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #16655
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Hey Donnie,

All kidding aside, I'm really sorry to hear of your recent troubles. I know that you love Mexico and her people and this must weigh heavily on you.

Just a coincidence I guess but I recently pulled my knife on a 260 lb black man in a restaurant parking lot. It was a road rage incident between him and my 130 lb Peruvian friend who was driving. I had to step between the two and when the black guy turned it on me I drew my knife and assumed a defensive posture. He took my advice and walked away. Crazy, crazy shtuff. I was respectful & conciliatory but ready to do what needed to be done. He called the police on me but the cop (and witnesses) saw it my way so no charges. But charges or no, there was no way a 260 lb man was getting to my 130 lb Amigo. One difference in our stories, if I may, is that I called the man "sir" and repeatedly appealed to his better judgment to let it go. Extending respect and civility in conflict is the way of the strong man.

Peace, Brother.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #16656
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
I called the man screaming at me a pendejo,
Yeah, I can easily go there myself if I'm not careful. Probably not your best call. Pendejos hate to be called that.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #16657
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
No hay problema!

I decided to share this here, because I thought it might be of benefit to someone else traveling in Mexico. A couple weeks ago, I ran into a road closing south of Acapulco. I cautiously proceeded to the front and from there one of their men and me pushed the moto about 400 yards, where I was allowed to crank back up and proceed. A few months ago I ran into one in South Mexico and complained that I should not be prevented from passing since I was a tourist and had nothing to do with their problem. They did not permit me to pass, but they told me where I could pass a couple hundred yards away.
You do realize you left us hanging on the girlfriend request??

I played the Tourist Card yesterday when the young guy at La Picota said he couldn't sell me any due to Election Day laws. Once he heard from me that I'm Texan,
can't vote there, and I'm leaving for home in the morning with no La Picota he relented and I rode off with two bottles.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #16658
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
You do realize you left us hanging on the girlfriend request??

I played the Tourist Card yesterday when the young guy at La Picota said he couldn't sell me any due to Election Day laws. Once he heard from me that I'm Texan,
can't vote there, and I'm leaving for home in the morning with no La Picota he relented and I rode off with two bottles. As I left the facility, I was met by the local representative of the PRI, who slipped me another bottle, and handed me 5 ballots to fill out.
Fixed for the troof, the whole troof and nuthin but the troof.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #16659
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
And if you are so thin skinned as to be offended when your advise is not taken as the word of God, don't give it...

No, it is not! Yes, in a way I am still in captivity!
I don't recall giving you any advice, only asking you questions on an incident you presented to us for discussion. Based on your replies to both me and trice, I can see you are a bit touchy on the subject and that anything asked of you, including puns, is considered a slam on your decision-making processes. Perhaps next time just preface the story by saying, "Hey guys, I have a story to tell, but please don't ask me any questions or I might get offended. Just listen to my story, and then agree that everything I did was on the correct path or otherwise STFU." That's kinda how women behave, by asking that one just listen and not discuss alternatives or other possible solutions. I'm okay with that 'cuz I been married a long time and do respond to training

Nevertheless, whatever tactics and methodologies employed, your freedom of movement has now been restricted. Evidently you don't have time constraints, so perhaps you can use this opportunity to make more friends there, which sounds like what you are doing. God bless and be safe.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #16660
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
That's kinda how women behave, by asking that one just listen and not discuss alternatives or other possible solutions.
Actually that's more like how the local BMW service department operates!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #16661
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,367

**stretch**

**yawn**

**sip**

**sip**

Good morning feisties

This saga reminds me of the famous quote:

"Anybody wanna go a round with the champ!?"
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #16662
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post

**stretch**

**yawn**

**sip**

**sip**

Good morning feisties

This saga reminds me of the famous quote:

"Anybody wanna go a round with the champ!?"
Nope. I don't want a 220-lb gloved fist coming my way simply because of a "discussion."

But I am about to get my second cup of coffee.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #16663
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

These things usually require a cooling off period, as we've all experienced at one time or another.

Since this form of civil disobedience, as I call it, is not so unusual in Mexico it seems to merit conversation here, IMO. Hopefully other riders will chime in with their experiences and outcomes to offer the rest of us some ideas for handling these situations and avoiding violence.

No matter the final outcome of Donnie's incident we should all agree that this is not the image of Adv riding we want in Mexico. That's not a criticism of you Donnie.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #16664
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
No matter the final outcome of Donnie's incident we should all agree that this is not the image of Adv riding we want in Mexico.
This exactly
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #16665
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Nope. I don't want a 220-lb gloved fist coming my way simply because of a "discussion."

But I am about to get my second cup of coffee.
Trice is quoting a 300+ lb man that we've ridden with.

He actually uses that line when arguing with people. What a mess!