Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post

**stretch**

**yawn**

**sip**

**sip**

Good morning feisties

This saga reminds me of the famous quote:

"Anybody wanna go a round with the champ!?"
Nope. I don't want a 220-lb gloved fist coming my way simply because of a "discussion."

But I am about to get my second cup of coffee.

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #16653
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Oddometer: 8,809
These things usually require a cooling off period, as we've all experienced at one time or another.

Since this form of civil disobedience, as I call it, is not so unusual in Mexico it seems to merit conversation here, IMO. Hopefully other riders will chime in with their experiences and outcomes to offer the rest of us some ideas for handling these situations and avoiding violence.

No matter the final outcome of Donnie's incident we should all agree that this is not the image of Adv riding we want in Mexico. That's not a criticism of you Donnie.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #16654
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
No matter the final outcome of Donnie's incident we should all agree that this is not the image of Adv riding we want in Mexico.
This exactly
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #16655
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Nope. I don't want a 220-lb gloved fist coming my way simply because of a "discussion."

Trice is quoting a 300+ lb man that we've ridden with.

He actually uses that line when arguing with people. What a mess!

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #16656
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post

I picked up a bag of Starbucks Pike Place Roast and am working my way through a carafe at the moment.

I parked my GSA in the room to have the full experience
Old 07-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #16657
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Dayum Donnie!!

Where are you now?

SkizzMan screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 06:09 AM
Old 07-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #16658
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
I am at Hector's. I will explain how I got here, because it demonstrates what I really like about Mexico!
You took the bus!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #16659
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
You took the bus!

There goes my coffee all over the monitor

Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #16660
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Actually that's more like how the local BMW service department operates!

I think Donnie has had that exact experience with various BMW dealers down south (See his Hall Sensor of Doom experience from his previous trip)

However, he has not yet received a bill for the local citizenry's actions. They may be KTM's secret agents. His water pump will soon suffer maladies.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #16661
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,857
Quote:
OK, I will cover the next 24 four hours and then let this rest. I want to share this because it is a perfect example of Mexico! Let me first say that things during this time period are not totally clear in my mind, but I will tell it as best as I can remember it.

When I hit the ground, I had substantial pain! It took me a few seconds to get the key turned off. I don't know why I didn't just hit the kill switch. I don't know the time frame, but it seemed that immediately there were a couple 18 wheelers, several vehicles with a number of bystanders, plus a few police cars and an ambulance. I was in tremendous main and had begun to shake, I did not know if it was from being cold or I was going into shock. A fellow that spoke English was trying to get me into the ambulance, but I wanted to check out my moto, plus I ended up taking all of my luggage off the moto and getting it into the ambulance. Or I should say, they did most of it!

The short ride to the clinic was quite painful! I did not lie down, as that would have been worse! I did have to lay on the examination table when I got to the clinic and allow the most beautiful doctor I have ever saw examine me! At some point I hit the auto dial on my phone for Hector and handed the phone to one of the ambulance people and ask him to explain things to Hector. When he got off the phone he mentioned Hector and family, but I did not really understand what he was saying. At some point an IV was started on me. About 10 or fifteen minutes after the call the Hector, three men walk into the examination room, one of which I immediately recognize as Josepine's brother and the other two being her brothers that I had not previously met. As it turned out, I was a couple hours from Hector, but only 15 minutes from Josefine's brothers and parents. I had been in her parent's home a number of times.

I had told the people at the crash site that I thought my collarbone was broken, the doctor said no, it may be a upper rib. Something was certainly moving around in there! So, it was decided that I needed to go to the hospital for xrays. The the question was if I needed to go in the ambulance or ride with Josephine's brothers. I opted to go with Josephine's brother. I did not know at the time that they were in a small truck, so with me in the front, two of them were in the back, in the rain! But these folks had absolutely no problem with this.

Before leaving, I went in to thank the doctor and the two nurses that assisted her. The two nurses insisted that I carry the doctor back with me to Mississippi! I was very open to that! She was embarrassed! I kissed my doctor and her two nurses before leaving! You just got to love Mexico!
I need more damn it!What happen at the hospital?What happen to your moto?Did you shack up with the love doc and nurses at Hector's place?Damn it man!This dribbling out the excitement is killing me.
Manic Cycles=My Blog
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #16662
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,754
Donnie. Jeebus. All I can say is that you are truly one of a kind, bro.

Two thoughts.

Where are the pics of the pretty doc?

And , yeah. People usually clap and cheer when I leave a place, too. ;)

Keep living large but, by all means , keep living.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #16663
D K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
I still dnt get why a foreigner would call someone pendejo in their own country and a potentially tricky situation, but thats just me....

Question:
In a roadblock situation, is it ok to split lanes and pull to the front?

D
’08 950SE - sold
’09 FE570 - sold
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #16664
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post
I still dnt get why a foreigner would call someone pendejo in their own country and a potentially tricky situation, but thats just me....

Question:
In a roadblock situation, is it ok to split lanes and pull to the front?

D
I never EVER queue up with cages down there. And no one seems to expect bikes to. Right or wrong I would've run my bike to the front of the
queue in Donnie's situation. But my Peruvian friend made a good point this morning about anti-American sentiment in certain regions and the risks associated with such an approach.

SkizzMan screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 10:48 AM
Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #16665
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Quote:
Before leaving, I went in to thank the doctor and the two nurses that assisted her. The two nurses insisted that I carry the doctor back with me to Mississippi! I was very open to that! She was embarrassed! I kissed my doctor and her two nurses before leaving! You just got to love Mexico!
Nice little "get off" story there Biff.

Sorely lacking pix, however.