Old 10-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #17851
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Stealing my shit kit......really????
Hah! Good one!
No worries, Pemex sells them. Well, actually the little old lady outside the toilets does, you can get a new one for $3 or $4 pesos, but now they are single use. Gold Wing riders and some KLR pilots know a way around that, though.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #17852
MplsMoto
Wheels

Oddometer: 127
Baja 1000 traffic

I'm planning on entering Mexico at Tecate around Nov. 1st heading to San Filipe.

I'm not really sure what to expect, but something tells me I may be right in the heart of warmups for the Baja 1000 on the leg from San Filipe to Coco's Corner.

Can anyone tell me what to expect? I don't want to even bother heading that way if I'm just going to get run over by a Trophy Truck.
MplsMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #17853
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Tender and very poignant scene, yesterday, on the Mex #180 coast highway. I was extremely moved how one owner expressed his undying love and gratitude for his local dealer. I've never seen such an outpouring of affection! The owner remains a...mystery.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #17854
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsMoto View Post
Can anyone tell me what to expect? I don't want to even bother heading that way if I'm just going to get run over by a Trophy Truck.
Dress as an orange traffic cone, you'll be fine
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #17855
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
Where is the owner? Pouring out behind the bus shelter ?
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #17856
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Tender and very poignant scene, yesterday, on the Mex #180 coast highway. I was extremely moved how one owner expressed his undying love and gratitude for his local dealer. I've never seen such an outpouring of affection! The owner remains a...mystery.

My favorite colors.I really like that bike.
ben2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #17857
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Scott...Please let me know if Mike has pannier stickers and t-shirts available. When I was up there in may Mile told me he would have some available the next time I came to the Sky Ranch. A ride report on how deep the water at the crossing is would be nice to.

Thanks
No stickers , but he had t-shirts. The water at the crossing was not very high at all. Maybe mid-wheel high. Easy to cross.

Coco had stickers though!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #17858
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
It can be yours, too! Probably one of the most tricked out HP2's around.
What it doesn't have, you'll never need. The list is long and very high quality.
It hauls the mail, it also has an uncanny ability to find the absolute highest ridgeline of topes, bumps, lumps, etc...but personally, I think the owner has something to do with that.
If you are not interested, perhaps you are willing to contribute to the special fund I have set up to acquire this particular objet d'arte for my riding pleasure. It needs to go to a good home and I have just the place for it. Imagine being able to fly in and ride to your hearts content on some of the best roads in Mexico without all that nasty border crossing stuff, the extra miles, the packing and unpacking, having to collect all those stickers and put up with your riding partner's snoring all night, etc...Get a deal with a flight and hotel included and you'll never have to worry about finding a hotel with a toilet seat again!

Sjoerd, take a look at the pannier.

MikeMike screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 09:49 AM
Old 10-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #17859
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
+1 That bike is sweet.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #17860
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Soooooo....what's it gonna take to put you in the saddle, today?
Seriously good bike for Mexico. Can be plated in US or keep the Mex plate and never leave a deposit at the border, again.
Imagine having a ride of this quality, with the absolute best in aftermarket upgrades, sitting waiting for you to throw a leg over it and head for your favorite part of the country, right now. Easy secure storage plan available from separate supplier. Get some friends together and do it like a time share plan amongst you. It's a helluva deal.

Think of the time savings by flying in and riding. You'll easily bank 4 extra riding days on each trip and that puts Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, all within easy reach based on your normal Mexican visit timetables. International airport nearby with 3 or 4 flights daily in and out of Houston or DFW or San Antonio via Monterrey. What that bike doesn't have, has not been invented yet or you just don't need it.

MikeMike screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 10:26 AM
Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #17861
jimmex
Rider

Nice pitch.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #17862
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
It can be yours, too! Probably one of the most tricked out HP2's around.
What it doesn't have, you'll never need. The list is long and very high quality.
It hauls the mail, it also has an uncanny ability to find the absolute highest ridgeline of topes, bumps, lumps, etc...but personally, I think the owner has something to do with that.
If you are not interested, perhaps you are willing to contribute to the special fund I have set up to acquire this particular objet d'arte for my riding pleasure. It needs to go to a good home and I have just the place for it. Imagine being able to fly in and ride to your hearts content on some of the best roads in Mexico without all that nasty border crossing stuff, the extra miles, the packing and unpacking, having to collect all those stickers and put up with your riding partner's snoring all night, etc...Get a deal with a flight and hotel included and you'll never have to worry about finding a hotel with a toilet seat again!

Sjoerd, take a look at the pannier.
Hold da fone.Getting there is half the fun and most of the adventure.Damn sure a lot of excitement for a hot tempered pain in the ass like me. If I had the de niro.I'm kind of stuck until my health improves.
ben2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #17863
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
Nice pitch.
Jimmy, you need to treat yourself, move a few head of cattle and put youself on the seat of the Godzilla of dirt!
If I keep this up, I'll probably buy it. Very low mileage, super clean, never dropped, I've followed it and led it all over the place on all different terrain, rides amazing, super clean and tight. Mind blower on Mexican brecha and highway, everyone needs one of these and one this loaded is rare indeed.
Rompin', stompin', good times!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #17864
jimmex
Rider

YOU need that thing.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #17865
jonz
Miles are my mantra

Oddometer: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsMoto View Post
I'm planning on entering Mexico at Tecate around Nov. 1st heading to San Filipe.

I'm not really sure what to expect, but something tells me I may be right in the heart of warmups for the Baja 1000 on the leg from San Filipe to Coco's Corner.

That's a pretty wide open section with really good visibility. You'll be on pavement until almost Gonzaga - the race course south from San Felipe sucks big time unless you're a fan of giant sandy whoops for miles on end. Also, it's 2 weeks before the race so there won't be a lot of pre runners. So it should be safe. Chatting with some of the pre runners will be fun anyway, maybe a highlight of your ride.
Honda ST1300 ABS (newest addition to the stable)
STOC #326 IBA #217
jonz is offline   Reply With Quote