User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #21661
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Oddometer: 8,679
Take that map and paint it black, Jick.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:42 AM   #21662
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
History lesson for the day.

Jick, if you walked out on the pier at Barra de Navidad you will find a historical plaque. The Spanish sailed out of Barra on Christmas day one year into the Pacific and subsequently discovered the Philippine Islands, hence today we have Pesos in both countries.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #21663
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
hence today we have Pesos in both countries.
Oh, sht! Don't go telling Peña Nieto that! The Filipinos will suffer terribly.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #21664
PhillipsMetal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Crossing at Naco is easy if you cross 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fri- Sunday. Ride past the immigration office (right at the gate) and turn right into the Banjercito parking lot then walk back to immigration for your visa. If yo cross other than the hours above, do as Blind Warrior says and stop for your visa then go to Cananea for the TVIP. there is no immigration office in Cananea. I don't understand the logic in this but my suspicion is that there was a political favor owed.

I have info on crossing at Nogales, Naco and Agua Prieta here http://www.losarcossonora.com/index....ps/attheborder

There is a map to the Banjercito in Cananea here http://www.losarcossonora.com/images...ito%20cana.pdf

This is pretty much our backyard (a mere 150 miles away) so feel free to contact us with any questions.

Entering at AP is pretty smooth but exiting can be slow. Naco is almost always faster both ways
Thank you everyone. I used to work in the area and thought it would be fun to either enter or exit there on this trip and revisit my old stomping grounds (Elfrida, Bisbee..). The way it looks I will probably exit Mexico in Naco, but I guess it doesn't really make any difference, since I will still have to check the bike out at Banjercito.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #21665
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Western sky

Sometimes all you do is head downstairs, grab an ice cold Carta Blanca, head back upstairs, sit on the balcony with the dog, and click the shutter...

I can only imagine how this would have looked from Atzitzintla or about 3/4's of the way up the "Stairway to Heaven" that Uncle Bob and Hekto and a few others know.

It looked pretty good about an hour ago from here.
Puts the "aye yae yae yae" into "sky".
It's the kind of sky that has rednecks running for the bunkers in Idaho.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #21666
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,883
Mike

One word: FABULOUS

Off the chart excellent!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #21667
andyc740
Guzzi wrangler

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
mike

one word: Fabulous

off the chart excellent!
+1!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #21668
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks. You know, I had to crop it to take out the neighbor's phone line and that had me angst ridden! That Carlos Slim fellow and the Salinas family are everywhere!

There is a new gondola cable car thing for tourists in Orizaba, bet they got a spectacular sight. Going up through the Cumbres de Maltrata would have been blinding.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #21669
McFoil
Filthy Pig

Oddometer: 220
Good stuff Mike!
McFoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #21670
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Hey McFoil! The Mystery Rider (KTM pilot with the windshield scratch ha, ha) and I entered the Coast to Coast run. Veracruz to Acapulco dawn to dusk yearly event. It's gonna get loud.
To make sure you guys get the deep, heartfelt, and glowing respect you deserve from riders here in Mexico, we are entered as members of the Rusty Machetes Veracruz Chapter.

Trust you won't mind.

We're trying to line up some local talent to get their t-shirts wet at 6am to accompany us at the sign in and lift off. Do you think it will matter if they are midgets? Or will that upset what the Rusty Machetes stand for?

Will they need to wear the wrestling masks or will that be a little bit over the top?
Old 03-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #21671
PlznMySoul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Sometimes all you do is head downstairs, grab an ice cold Carta Blanca, head back upstairs, sit on the balcony with the dog, and click the shutter...

That is Awesome !

Speaking of being at the right place at the right time....I wonder how the Musician who graced us with his mellow Sax playing is doing?
PlznMySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #21672
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,567
The past Sunday, we decide to go for a short ride on the dirt roads of the outskirts of Rio Bravo city (near Reynosa). we had a flat tire, after the delicious breakfast at Progreso city, and.. oh...
since many roads were flooded and deep on mud, we took a detour on one road we were not sure where it headed, and later... we got stop on a check point of the bad guys... it happend that we ended riding along of the Rio Bravo (Rio Grande int'l border) and they wanted to know who the hell we were...
after checking our ID's and confirming we were locals.. they gave us green light..
then I told the guys.... I told you men, we should not being riding on these roads too close to the river since are their business corridor...

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013

Arte screwed with this post 03-08-2014 at 10:05 PM
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #21673
Ollie Gort
Haywood Jablowme

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Hey McFoil! The Mystery Rider (KTM pilot with the windshield scratch ha, ha) and I entered the Coast to Coast run. Veracruz to Acapulco dawn to dusk yearly event. It's gonna get loud.
To make sure you guys get the deep, heartfelt, and glowing respect you deserve from riders here in Mexico, we are entered as members of the Rusty Machetes Veracruz Chapter.

Trust you won't mind.

We're trying to line up some local talent to get their t-shirts wet at 6am to accompany us at the sign in and lift off. Do you think it will matter if they are midgets? Or will that upset what the Rusty Machetes stand for?

Will they need to wear the wrestling masks or will that be a little bit over the top?

That's awesome....
12' R1200GS
Ollie Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #21674
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Gort View Post
That's awesome....
A thumbs up from Oklahoma, thank you Ollie with the fly by wire Kawi cruise control!
You need to patent that device.

Hey, Plzn, that sax player has been hiding, mystery deepens but I know a recording studio engineer here that might help solve it. Stay tuned.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #21675
McFoil
Filthy Pig

Oddometer: 220
Traveling in Mexico..

Quote:

Trust you won't mind.

Damn Mike, that sounds like a great run. When does that happen? You and the MR have shown your colors and now officially bleed rust.

If you need a midget in Acapulco, I can hook you up. He wears a military uniform, roller skates and blows a whistle a lot. Kind of annoying and straight out of a Fillini movie. As far as local talent, quality control did not seem to be a problem in Veracruz. May I suggest Roxanne at the New Relax Club. She's an honorary member of the Rusty Machetes. Tell her Papi says "hola guapa".

I'm hooking up with ShizzMan at the MotoGP race in Austin next month to hand off a fresh supply of scratch remover for the Seal Club. (Still looking forward to an evening there)

You guys ride safe and post up the pics.
McFoil is offline   Reply With Quote