ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #2881
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,207
Rest in Peace



Amparo Muñoz Quesada

(June 21, 1954 – February 27, 2011)

Miss Universe 1974
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #2882
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit
 
gelandestrasse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Oklahoma City
Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post


Amparo Muñoz Quesada

(June 21, 1954 – February 27, 2011)

Miss Universe 1974

Why mention her in the "Is Mexico Safe?" thread?
__________________
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln
gelandestrasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #2883
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kiko's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Jalisco, Mexico
Oddometer: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post

Why mention her in the "Is Mexico Safe?" thread?
Respect. It's a cultural thing.

Edit: Many Mexicans do not consider themselves "Hispanic", but nonetheless the cultures of Spain and Mexico have much in common.
__________________
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the face.".....Mike Tyson

Kiko screwed with this post 03-04-2011 at 05:16 PM
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #2884
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,207


Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl.
Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina;
Music would play and Felina would whirl.

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina,
Wicked and evil while casting a spell.
My love was deep for this Mexican maiden;
I was in love but in vain, I could tell.

One night a wild young cowboy came in,
Wild as the West Texas wind.
Dashing and daring,
A drink he was sharing
With wicked Felina,
The girl that I loved.

So in anger I

Challenged his right for the love of this maiden.
Down went his hand for the gun that he wore.
My challenge was answered in less than a heart-beat;
The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor.

Just for a moment I stood there in silence,
Shocked by the FOUL EVIL deed I had done.
Many thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there;
I had but one chance and that was to run.

Out through the back door of Rosa's I ran,
Out where the horses were tied.
I caught a good one.
It looked like it could run.
Up on its back
And away I did ride,

Just as fast as I

Could from the West Texas town of El Paso
Out to the bad-lands of New Mexico.

Back in El Paso my life would be worthless.
Everything's gone in life; nothing is left.
It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden
My love is stronger than my fear of death.

I saddled up and away I did go,
Riding alone in the dark.
Maybe tomorrow
A bullet may find me.
Tonight nothing's worse than this
Pain in my heart.

And at last here I

Am on the hill overlooking El Paso;
I can see Rosa's cantina below.
My love is strong and it pushes me onward.
Down off the hill to Felina I go.

Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys;
Off to my left ride a dozen or more.
Shouting and shooting I can't let them catch me.
I have to make it to Rosa's back door.

Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel
A deep burning pain in my side.
Though I am trying
To stay in the saddle,
I'm getting weary,
Unable to ride.

But my love for

Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen,
Though I am weary I can't stop to rest.
I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle.
I feel the bullet go deep in my chest.

From out of nowhere Felina has found me,
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for,
One little kiss and Felina, good-bye.

Disclaimers

No warranty is implied that this lyric has anything to do with Mexico or the "Is Mexico Safe" thread, other than the line "I fell in love with a Mexican girl". This disclaimer does not cover loss or confusion by anyone reading this thead due to misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom, crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicles crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB’s, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.).

No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any Intellectual property rights are granted herein.

The poster disclaims all liability, including liability for infringement of any proprietary rights, relating to use of information in this specification. The poster does not warrant or represent that such use will not infringe such rights. In fact, that’s a very strong possibility.
Nothing in this posting constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. The poster disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of the poster; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the information about Mexico discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to the advice of the poster. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

These materials are provided by the poster as a service to his friends and/or customers and may be used for informational or satirical purposes only. Single copies may be distributed at will since it is unlikely that the poster created this material independently as he has no creative skill.
TRADEMARK INFORMATION: The poster and the poster's avatar are registered trademarks of the poster.

The poster's trademarks may be used publicly with permission only from the poster. Fair use of the poster's trademarks in advertising and promotion of the poster's products requires proper acknowledgment. If you use the poster’s trademarks without the poster’s express approval, he will get really pissed off.
*All other brands and names are property of their respective owners.

OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS: Materials are copyrighted and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without the poster's prior written permission, which is freely granted as long as you take the poster’s screen name off in some lame attempt to either hide the materials origin or in the hilarious belief that the receiver of this material will think that you created it on your own, or somehow will think you more clever and intelligent that you really are. Except as expressly provided herein, the poster does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information. Other rights may be granted to you by the poster in writing or incorporated elsewhere in the Materials.

DISCLAIMER: THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CFB OR HIS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF THE POSTER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The poster further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. The poster may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. The poster makes no commitment to update the Materials. In other words, if you screw it up, you’re on your own.

U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS: The Materials are provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS." Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR52.227-14 and DFAR252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. Use of the Materials by the Government constitutes acknowledgment of the poster's proprietary rights in them and excludes him from ever having to pay income taxes ever again, along with assigning the rights of the poster to use as he sees fit.


tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #2885
mark883
Holding up Michoagán
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Buckeyeland
Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot

Disclaimers

No warranty is implied that this lyric has anything to do with Mexico or the "Is Mexico Safe" thread, other than the line "I fell in love with a Mexican girl". This disclaimer does not cover loss or confusion by anyone reading this thead due to misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom, crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicles crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB’s, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.).

No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any Intellectual property rights are granted herein.

The poster disclaims all liability, including liability for infringement of any proprietary rights, relating to use of information in this specification. The poster does not warrant or represent that such use will not infringe such rights. In fact, that’s a very strong possibility.
Nothing in this posting constitutes a guarantee, warranty, or license, express or implied. The poster disclaims all liability for all such guaranties, warranties, and licenses, including but not limited to: fitness for a particular purpose; merchantability; non-infringement of intellectual property or other rights of any third party or of the poster; indemnity; and all others. The reader is advised that third parties may have intellectual property rights that may be relevant to this document and the information about Mexico discussed herein, and is advised to seek the advice of competent legal counsel, without obligation to the advice of the poster. In other words, get your own #$^%#$ lawyer before you hurt yourself.

These materials are provided by the poster as a service to his friends and/or customers and may be used for informational or satirical purposes only. Single copies may be distributed at will since it is unlikely that the poster created this material independently as he has no creative skill.
TRADEMARK INFORMATION: The poster and the poster's avatar are registered trademarks of the poster.

The poster's trademarks may be used publicly with permission only from the poster. Fair use of the poster's trademarks in advertising and promotion of the poster's products requires proper acknowledgment. If you use the poster’s trademarks without the poster’s express approval, he will get really pissed off.
*All other brands and names are property of their respective owners.

OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS: Materials are copyrighted and are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without the poster's prior written permission, which is freely granted as long as you take the poster’s screen name off in some lame attempt to either hide the materials origin or in the hilarious belief that the receiver of this material will think that you created it on your own, or somehow will think you more clever and intelligent that you really are. Except as expressly provided herein, the poster does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information. Other rights may be granted to you by the poster in writing or incorporated elsewhere in the Materials.

DISCLAIMER: THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CFB OR HIS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF THE POSTER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The poster further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. The poster may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. The poster makes no commitment to update the Materials. In other words, if you screw it up, you’re on your own.

U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS: The Materials are provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS." Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR52.227-14 and DFAR252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. Use of the Materials by the Government constitutes acknowledgment of the poster's proprietary rights in them and excludes him from ever having to pay income taxes ever again, along with assigning the rights of the poster to use as he sees fit.

Geez, Trice.

You forgot choice of venue and law.

Probably be to your advantage to specify a Mexican court, and a specific judge. You know, one that's your goody fishin' & drinkin' buddy.


mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #2886
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post

You know it is an adventure ride when the Pemex attendants start gagging before you stop at the pump and the little old lady that usually charges you a few pesos to use the john vigorously waves you past with one hand while gesticulating wildly with the other hand as to the location of the gents WC!
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #2887
Arte OP
Pata de Perro
 
Arte's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: McAllen TX, MEXICO
Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
This disclaimer does not cover loss or confusion by anyone reading this thead due to misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom, crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicles crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB’s, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.).[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=wheat]
You missed: "by Greater Acts of God, and Mexico drug war Shootouts.."
__________________

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #2888
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
You missed: "by Greater Acts of God, and Mexico drug war Shootouts.."
This sign (pic posted before) from the Holiday Inn in Veracruz comes close to that

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #2889
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,207
In addition to being the only Spaniard to win Miss Universe, Amparo Muñoz Quesada's uncle' cousin, twice removed on her father's side, was the co-inventor of the tlayuda in Oaxaca

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #2890
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,207
Harina vs Arena: Words of the Day

Jimmy Buffett has purchased the NBA leading San Antonio Spurs and renamed the AT&T Center as the Playa Arena (Beach Sand)

harina = flour (h is silent)
arena = sand

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #2891
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
Probably be to your advantage to specify a Mexican court, and a specific judge. You know, one that's your goody fishin' & drinkin' buddy.


¿conoces a un buen abogado?
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #2892
Bato
Studly Adventurer
 
Bato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TEJAS
Oddometer: 908
Do it! SOLO

Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #2893
Arte OP
Pata de Perro
 
Arte's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: McAllen TX, MEXICO
Oddometer: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
I had always wonder how does this guy (and others) manage to film Himself (if is true he is alone) by leaving his camera on the choosen spot, filming, then go back far far, and then start riding again towards the camera.... and be lucky to still find it not stolen...
__________________

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #2894
Bato
Studly Adventurer
 
Bato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TEJAS
Oddometer: 908
BUDGET wise he is alone in the middle of the Arizona desert



Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
I had always wonder how does this guy (and others) manage to film Himself (if is true he is alone) by leaving his camera on the choosen spot, filming, then go back far far, and then start riding again towards the camera.... and be lucky to still find it not stolen...
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #2895
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Steal the poor guy's camera and sell it to buy tequila. You guys are mercenary.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014