ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #3556
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundobravo View Post
man , here's a wild story from that same page, (different link)
http://www.pro8news.com/news/Nuevo-L...124397509.html
"Several websites report that Nuevo Laredo, Tamps. (MX) is essentially under martial law as the military moves in and relieves city police officers. Soldiers were seen at police headquarters seizing guns."
That's a positive development, as I see it. When Bato rode to Tampico recently he got no hassle from the transitos (as others had previously) because they had all been replaced with army soldiers. I'd rather deal with military personnel over LEO in Mexico any day.

No point getting alarmed over "martial law". That's not what's going on there.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #3557
Bato
Studly Adventurer
 
Bato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TEJAS
Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
That's a positive development, as I see it. When Bato rode to Tampico recently he got no hassle from the transitos (as others had previously) because they had all been replaced with army soldiers. I'd rather deal with military personnel over LEO in Mexico any day.

No point getting alarmed over "martial law". That's not what's going on there.
Yeap 440 more MP's arrived to Tampico yesterday some were riding on the municipal police trucks when i was there

Bato screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 07:41 PM
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #3558
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,204
Cool Radio Station

Excellent tunes on this station:



Let it play while reading the dire warnings about Mexico......
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #3559
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer
 
pilot815's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
That's a positive development, as I see it. When Bato rode to Tampico recently he got no hassle from the transitos (as others had previously) because they had all been replaced with army soldiers. I'd rather deal with military personnel over LEO in Mexico any day.

No point getting alarmed over "martial law". That's not what's going on there.
I think its a good that the military take over. Most of the grunt soldiers that deal with the public directly aren't looking for morditas and many haven't been there long enough to be contacted and bribed by the organized crime. Their superiors on the other hand are a different story.

The police in Honduras are pretty much all federal level. Some cities have their local police but their level of authority is extremely low, think of a meter maid that sometimes carries a gun. The federal police are transferred every couple years so that they dont get comfortable in any one area and start taking bribes, or get killed for not taking them.

I wonder if that would work in Mexico.
__________________
2009 KLR650
pilot815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #3560
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
I think its a good that the military take over. Most of the grunt soldiers that deal with the public directly aren't looking for morditas and many haven't been there long enough to be contacted and bribed by the organized crime. Their superiors on the other hand are a different story.

The police in Honduras are pretty much all federal level. Some cities have their local police but their level of authority is extremely low, think of a meter maid that sometimes carries a gun. The federal police are transferred every couple years so that they dont get comfortable in any one area and start taking bribes, or get killed for not taking them.

I wonder if that would work in Mexico.
OK. But just remember - you started this!
















^^ bust you long time!

And finally them taser-eyed honeys from Broward County


Well, since you made it all the way to the bottom here's a coupla bonus pix


__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #3561
acejones
Beastly Adventurer
 
acejones's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: MS. Gulf Coast
Oddometer: 4,731
Uh, bust me, please.
__________________
I got tired of being here, so now I'm there
acejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #3562
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Uh, bust me, please.
Officer Hayek places you under abreast, er, I mean under arrest
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #3563
Arte OP
Pata de Perro
 
Arte's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: McAllen TX, MEXICO
Oddometer: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Excellent tunes on this station:



Let it play while reading the dire warnings about Mexico......

long time since the last visit of our official sponsor (Salmita) of this thread !!
__________________

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #3564
Arte OP
Pata de Perro
 
Arte's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: McAllen TX, MEXICO
Oddometer: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
I saw that and was thinking "more sensational journalism." I especially liked the part about how they were the only newspaper reporting this.

As a practical matter the military regularly shows up and relieves the local police in many of these downs. Supposedly they canned all the Reynosa Transitos a few years ago for fleecing the gringo tourists, which would be kind of a moot point right now since Reynosa is practically a Gringo Free Zone.

Anyway ... not as dramatic as it sounds, although I guess that it's possible there is a BIG operation underway to occupy all of Tamaulipas, but if they did that they'd have to deploy pretty much all the troops in the South up here.

And Nuevo Laredo isn't a small town, so if it's the entire police force getting their walking papers then they will have their hands full.

Right! but do not come if your bike is not a Triple purpose (amphibious)

Rain effects of June 22, right behind the Sierra Madre bar

__________________

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #3565
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
Right! but do not come if your bike is not a Triple purpose (amphibious)

Rain effects of June 22, right behind the Sierra Madre bar

Time to install the snorkle kit on the Harley.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #3566
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Excellent tunes on this station:



Let it play while reading the dire warnings about Mexico......
intoxicating
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #3567
ChangoGS
Banned
 
ChangoGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: En la mesa del rincon en Metz France
Oddometer: 305
That music on the Hayek video sounds like the "Gypsy Kings" .

Thanks for sharing the video with us.
ChangoGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #3568
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer
 
pilot815's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
I saw that and was thinking "more sensational journalism." I especially liked the part about how they were the only newspaper reporting this.

As a practical matter the military regularly shows up and relieves the local police in many of these downs. Supposedly they canned all the Reynosa Transitos a few years ago for fleecing the gringo tourists, which would be kind of a moot point right now since Reynosa is practically a Gringo Free Zone.

Anyway ... not as dramatic as it sounds, although I guess that it's possible there is a BIG operation underway to occupy all of Tamaulipas, but if they did that they'd have to deploy pretty much all the troops in the South up here.

And Nuevo Laredo isn't a small town, so if it's the entire police force getting their walking papers then they will have their hands full.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/0...amaulipas.html
__________________
2009 KLR650
pilot815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:38 AM   #3569
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,204
Bamboleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangoGS View Post
That music on the Hayek video sounds like the "Gipsy Kings" .
Si señor it is the Gipsy Kings


tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #3570
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer
 
MikeMike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: South east Mexico
Oddometer: 3,981
Arte is right. The military often take the firearms of local police and investigate the local police. Nice flood pic, looks like here.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014