User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #6001
AK Smitty
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 305
Its almost here!

I hit the road on the 11 from AZ and hope to cross on Fri or Sat in Tecate after getting the bike serviced in SD.

Let's talk about this ferry(La Paz to Maz). 18 hours for real? Is there booze on that thing? If I am in La Paz the night before and show up at the ferry dock in the am can I usually get out that day? Anyway for me to get a cabin in advance?
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #6002
Colbycheese
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Great pix, SR!

Looking forward to April.
Well another road to add to my bucket list...that looks awesome!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #6003
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
That's what I was wondering. The rebuilt Devil's Backbone.

I have to do that one of these days ... Just as soon as I get my vertigo under control.
Not 'zactly, Amigo. Although I noticed some curves were getting reworked on the libre, the construction you see in SR's pix is of the new cuota. Maybe that's what you meant.

EdD afficionados drool at the thought of running The Spine without having to dance with big rigs.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #6004
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
That's going to make for some epic street riding with the EdD and the Huichol route to Nayarit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
I'm getting worked up into a lather just thinking about that
Hasta Abril, Amigos.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #6005
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Smitty View Post
18 hours for real? Is there booze on that thing?

I don't know you, but I like you
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #6006
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Big Rigs on the Espinazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
....the thought of running The Spine without having to dance with big rigs....
In a way, I'm going to miss the spectre of huge trucks on the Spine. Not knowing if my number might come up.

I wouldn't exactly call it a sexual thrill, but there is an incomparable adrenaline rush, unique to the Espinazo, in not knowing if you're going to take it in the face if you misjudge the radius of a mountain curve and meet a Mexican semi head on.

SR's photos, all recent, of flattened cars and toppled semis, will soon be a memory. At least there.

And JD is right, it is (and soon will be "was") a dance with the Big Rigs. "Bailando en las montañas".

Con un amor peligroso.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #6007
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

El Callejón del Beso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post

El Callejon del Beso

Great photos, hermano Kiko.

El Callejón del Beso - The Alley of the Kiss

I tried taking Salma in there, but she wouldn't fit in the narrow part, IYKWIM
Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #6008
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Not to cut up the thread but shizzman it was about 2-3 feet long,its tongue and tail looked like they both could do some serious damage.Some people might not agree here but IM starting to believe you dont need a crapload of money to have an enjoyable time in life.THe mexicans have squares and seem like they do things in groups and togetherness.here it seems every 1s attitude is screw them Im not helping him.Independence is nice but it seems the more we are getting divided the more our country is falling apart.Just my 2 cents.Just dont drink the water
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #6009
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbycheese View Post
Well another road to add to my bucket list...that looks awesome!
Cobly....may I humbly recommend that you consider emptying that bucket sooner than later. On my mother's side of the family, I had three cousins who all passed away in their 40s. Each one of them would talk at family reunions of big plans and great dreams. Never to be fulfilled.

You have the dreams now. Live them. Mexico is waiting for you.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #6010
SR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
In a way, I'm going to miss the spectre of huge trucks on the Spine. Not knowing if my number might come up.

I wouldn't exactly call it a sexual thrill, but there is an incomparable adrenaline rush, unique to the Espinazo, in not knowing if you're going to take it in the face if you misjudge the radius of a mountain curve and meet a Mexican semi head on.

SR's photos, all recent, of flattened cars and toppled semis, will soon be a memory. At least there.

And JD is right, it is (and soon will be "was") a dance with the Big Rigs. "Bailando en las montañas".

Con un amor peligroso.
I wonder how many big rigs will actually be off the old road and on the new one? They price the toll roads so high that 90% of commercial truck traffic is on the free roads. Usually you only see special loads like chemicals on the toll roads. It will depend on what they charge for the New Road? If they can just get some of the a-hole car drivers that drive like maniacs off the old road it will be a significant improvement, there are a lot of those too!

SR screwed with this post 01-09-2012 at 07:20 PM
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #6011
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
I wonder how many big rigs will actually be off the old road and on the new one?
Interesting point. Permit me to take you to dinner at Tia Chona's (actually, permit me to take Yecenia to dinner there, you can come along) and we can have a wonderful evening discussing the blessing of riding where you live....called HEAVEN.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #6012
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Now lets get the straight, do you want to take me or Yecenia out to dinner?
Hmmmm......Ok. I will say.....I want to take YOU to dinner.

But I want to sit next to Yecenia!

I love you man
Old 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #6013
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Yecenia () makes the BEST Pollo Mole in Mexico
Old 01-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #6014
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Tricepilot I totally agree,I lost my dad at 18,he was only 57 mom died seven years later at 63,bro was 20 and I was 26 when mom went back in 01.After that I said IM gonna go where I want,buy what i want and take time to smell the roses and look around and take time to enjoy my family and friends.Ya can always find the money you cant get time back however.MY dad took kid bro on boy scout camping trip in Summer of 93,he wanted to go fishing but from helping people find office and other things he really didnt get to fish as much as he wanted w my kid bro.I;ll never forget his words ahhh they'll be next year to go fishing w son.3 months later he was dead,I hear it all the time ahhh Ill do it when I retire,people forget that tommorrow might not come for them,and thats foolish to think you have next year in my eyes. Ill do things now and if I dont make it to retirement at least I wont or dont have any regrets and got to do the things I loved.Sorry for the long rant.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #6015
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Tricepilot I totally agree,I lost my dad at 18,he was only 57 mom died seven years later at 63,bro was 20 and I was 26 when mom went back in 01.After that I said IM gonna go where I want,buy what i want and take time to smell the roses and look around and take time to enjoy my family and friends.Ya can always find the money you cant get time back however.MY dad took kid bro on boy scout camping trip in Summer of 93,he wanted to go fishing but from helping people find office and other things he really didnt get to fish as much as he wanted w my kid bro.I;ll never forget his words ahhh they'll be next year to go fishing w son.3 months later he was dead,I hear it all the time ahhh Ill do it when I retire,people forget that tommorrow might not come for them,and thats foolish to think you have next year in my eyes. Ill do things now and if I dont make it to retirement at least I wont or dont have any regrets and got to do the things I loved.Sorry for the long rant.

+1
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote