Oddometer: 242
SALUD!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #63
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by varna2win
I've been to TJ don't remember it went down there after racing in Carlsbad in 85. My buddies took me there because I hadn't been there yet- a little to much to drink. Been to cabo all the safe amercanized safe places. I can't return my secret decoder ring because I'm not worthy of one yet. I made the statement based on the fellows I work with who travel through there when they go home for Christmas & they always tell you whats going on. I really didn't think about the what I had posted & where. Engage brain before posting .
No worries. To be honest, I wouldn't spend any time in TJ - that place scares me. I prefer places like... Copper Canyon, Palanque or the ruins at Becan.

I do go to El Paso on business and cross over to Juarez. I prefer to stay in Juarez and not hassle with the border. I try to be careful though but other than that, I avoid border towns as much as possible.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #64
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
OK wiseguys, time for a siesta in this debate, let's all meet in my mancave for a round of this:

two shots each and you can get back to it!
Good gawd that's beautiful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
you are safer in 99% of Northern Mexico than you are in 99% of Jacksonville, FL.
TemeculaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #65
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,270
US Dept of State has a travel alert. They must post these for no reason whatsoever.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...a/pa_4491.html

Did I ever say I wouldn't go back or that there was rampant violence against Americans?

I love Mexico and it's people. IMO, I just think it's not safe right now. If you disagree, that's cool.
In NM, we get constant reports of the state of affairs in Columbus, Palomas, Juarez, and anything regarding the border. The violence is ratcheting up and you would be hard pressed to find anyone around here that will disagree with that. If you don't believe me, go to Pancho's in Palomas and hang out for a nice quiet evening. Ask the police chief of Columbus, NM. Oh yeah, they can't find one anymore.
The thread title is "Is Mexico Safe?" Do you want everyone to chime in and say, "yes"? Why the question in the first place?
I could ask, "Is Detroit Safe" and get some widely varied opinions as well.
See this is a discussion board and that is how you get different views even though we may not all agree on those views. Chill out, don't be mis-quoting me or getting yourself worked into a lather about it!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #66
Ozz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy
The entire country is corrupt from the bottom up.

I guess that includes me, my family and my friends! Nice meeting you too!

Hey guys, check out these statistics...you better stay away from those high crime countries as well! Jajajaja

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...e-total-crimes
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #67
Gustavo
Motociclista Errante

Oddometer: 2,260
Man, I am too busy to keep an eye on you guys for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose.

Andres - I don't think I know you, but you claim to be my friend (I am, after all, the official MotoAventuras Pata de Perro... ), so you are invited to come visit Oregon, because there is not way I'm coming down to Mexico. Way to dangerous...

Gustavo

Gustavo screwed with this post 02-03-2010 at 09:53 PM
Gustavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #68
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
US Dept of State has a travel alert. They must post these for no reason whatsoever.

Did I ever say I wouldn't go back or that there was rampant violence against Americans?

I love Mexico and it's people. IMO, I just think it's not safe right now. If you disagree, that's cool.
In NM, we get constant reports of the state of affairs in Columbus, Palomas, Juarez, and anything regarding the border. The violence is ratcheting up and you would be hard pressed to find anyone around here that will disagree with that. If you don't believe me, go to Pancho's in Palomas and hang out for a nice quiet evening. Ask the police chief of Columbus, NM. Oh yeah, they can't find one anymore.
The thread title is "Is Mexico Safe?" Do you want everyone to chime in and say, "yes"? Why the question in the first place?
I could ask, "Is Detroit Safe" and get some widely varied opinions as well.
See this is a discussion board and that is how you get different views even though we may not all agree on those views. Chill out, don't be mis-quoting me or getting yourself worked into a lather about it!
That's because you don't know what you're talking about. By all means, stay out of Mexico and leave all the risk to me! I'm going back just as soon as I can string 5-6 days together. I live in the world capitol of meth production and can't wait to get away from these crazy people and go somewhere safe and warm to relax.

I'm still waiting on some reports of non-drug violence against Americans to make me believe it's not safe. Do you have any? And what about the answer to my most basic questions that you keep avoiding with all your "don't get worked into a lather" shit?

Answer this: Since there's gang-related violence in Compton and Watts, should I stay out of Wyoming?

Quote:
you are safer in 99% of Northern Mexico than you are in 99% of Jacksonville, FL.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #69
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz

Hey guys, check out these statistics...you better stay away from those high crime countries as well! Jajajaja

I should have put this guy on ignore when he said that. "The entire country is corrupt from the bottom up." Hmm. Wonder what he knows about the Policia Federale? Try walking up and calling some guy who just graduated from Quantico that he's corrupt. Again, utter nonsense!

Quote:
Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #70
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeculaRider
That's because you don't know what you're talking about. By all means, stay out of Mexico and leave all the risk to me! I'm going back just as soon as I can string 5-6 days together. I live in the world capitol of meth production and can't wait to get away from these crazy people and go somewhere safe and warm to relax.

I'm still waiting on some reports of non-drug violence against Americans to make me believe it's not safe. Do you have any? And what about the answer to my most basic questions that you keep avoiding with all your "don't get worked into a lather" shit?

Answer this: Since there's gang-related violence in Compton and Watts, should I stay out of Wyoming?

Go wherever the fuck you want. Have fun, enjoy yourself. I never tried to tell YOU what to do, did I?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan...ico5-2010jan05
Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #71
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz

Murders per capita might be a better guage.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita
Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #72
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Go wherever the fuck you want. Have fun, enjoy yourself. I never tried to tell YOU what to do, did I?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan...ico5-2010jan05
Again, you're trying to make this personal. Why is that, Gordy?

As for the link, I don't read liberal newspapers with agendas.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #73
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider
OK, I want to add New Orleans and Birmingham, AL.

What about Jackson, MS as a stop over? Are we OK there?

I really like New Orleans but it's a tough town. Bring your guns and knifes.

Birmingham? Our very own KKK Ken lives there. Need I say more? Stay the hell away.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #74
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeculaRider
Again, you're trying to make this personal. Why is that, Gordy?

No..... I am not, but one of us is. Re-read what I am saying. It is only my perspective and opinion from what I read and hear. Yours is different. That should be clear. You have taken it over the top, not me. You make statements saying that I said "I am never going back" but I actually never said that.
Who is being zealous here?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #75
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,582
Quote:

In NM, we get constant reports of the state of affairs in Columbus, Palomas, Juarez, and anything regarding the border. The violence is ratcheting up and you would be hard pressed to find anyone around here that will disagree with that. If you don't believe me, go to Pancho's in Palomas and hang out for a nice quiet evening.
You have to admit Gordy that most of the reports are stemming from drug/cartel violence in certain areas along the border. MX is a big country and most of it is no more dangerous than riding in the Midwest.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote