Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #751
SKINNY
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cyclops
I have always wanted to go to Mex but its getting a little hairy there for me, then I realized I live in Eastern KY and ride single track, solo, that we cut out in the middle of nowhere. Also ride through Squabble Creek solo, and if you ask the drug task force here the roughest place in the country thats where they point. There is more pot grown here than in all of Mexico . Maybe I am the bad ass and you guys in Mexico are just a bunch of pussies...

If the entire state of Kentucky was covered in mota, it wouldn't be a drop-in-the-bucket compared to Mexico...
SKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #752
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Someone from NYC talking about our accent . I worked on a film about KY music with a film maker from NYC for a few weeks and he was talking like me before we finished .

When I was a kid growing up in grade school in Kentucky other kids said that I sounded like a Yankee. (In some places you can call someone a MF but never, NEVER call them a Yankee). That's probably because my dad - who would eventually be hired to revise a dictionary, for crying out loud - was an attorney with a VERY proper speaking voice.

When we moved to Cincinnati the kids said that I sounded like a hick.

When I was living in the Carolinas and doing a transportation brokerage business, one of my customers correctly guessed that I have lived in Southeastern Ohio because of my dialect.

I've lived for almost 15 years in Jacksonville, FL, which is arguably either Southern Georgia or the southern suburbs of Newark.

Last night I was in a bar here in south Texas and the new barmaid (from Minnesota) and the bar manager (Hispanic Tex/Mex dude that grew up in Indiana) both agreed that I sounded Southern.

You just have to laugh at this nonsense.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #753
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINNY
If the entire state of Kentucky was covered in mota, it wouldn't be a drop-in-the-bucket compared to Mexico...

Arguably Kentucky's #1 crop.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #754
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Arguably Kentucky's #1 crop.
The cyclops must not have spent much time riding dirt in central and northern California. The Mexican cartels quit trying to smuggle all of the mota north. Now they just grow a bunch of it in California. Cuts out the middle man.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #755
The Cyclops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster
The cyclops must not have spent much time riding dirt in central and northern California. The Mexican cartels quit trying to smuggle all of the mota north. Now they just grow a bunch of it in California. Cuts out the middle man.
Damnit people, stop trying to act like you are bigger thugs than we in EKY are. Chuck Norris used to be 10 feet tall and bullet proof until he came here, now he is only 6 feet, but thank goodness he is still bullet proof.

Seriously, I was reading about that the other day, how they were growing it in the national parks there. Its a shame. Said if the growers tried to stiff whoever they were working for they would go to Mexico and kill their family.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #756
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,211
Quote:
Damnit people, stop trying to act like you are bigger thugs than we in EKY are. Chuck Norris used to be 10 feet tall and bullet proof until he came here, now he is only 6 feet, but thank goodness he is still bullet proof.
Thats some funny stuff right there.

How tall is Chuck Norris in Mexico?

On a more serious note, you are correct, they grow in parks and mostly in National Forest land. You have to be careful where you ride nowadays. Before you would only have to worry about hillbillies stringing up barbwire across a trail, but now its a whole 'nother Oprah. And this is right here in the USA, not Mexico.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #757
The Cyclops
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
When I was a kid growing up in grade school in Kentucky other kids said that I sounded like a Yankee. (In some places you can call someone a MF but never, NEVER call them a Yankee). That's probably because my dad - who would eventually be hired to revise a dictionary, for crying out loud - was an attorney with a VERY proper speaking voice.

When we moved to Cincinnati the kids said that I sounded like a hick.

When I was living in the Carolinas and doing a transportation brokerage business, one of my customers correctly guessed that I have lived in Southeastern Ohio because of my dialect.

I've lived for almost 15 years in Jacksonville, FL, which is arguably either Southern Georgia or the southern suburbs of Newark.

Last night I was in a bar here in south Texas and the new barmaid (from Minnesota) and the bar manager (Hispanic Tex/Mex dude that grew up in Indiana) both agreed that I sounded Southern.

You just have to laugh at this nonsense.
You sound like an interesting dude, if I ever make it down that way or you are ever back near KY I may have to buy you a copy of your favorite beverage.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #758
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:

Seriously, I was reading about that the other day, how they were growing it in the national parks there. Its a shame. Said if the growers tried to stiff whoever they were working for they would go to Mexico and kill their family.

National parks where? Mexico or Kentucky?

The Daniel Boone National Forest has been warning hikers for a decade or more to be careful about walking into someone's ganga plantation. For one thing, in Kentucky the growers often boobie trap their garden.

Actually en Mexico they generally seem to be much more casual about growing it, at least away from the border. There have been a few stories here (ADVRider) about folks stumbling into mj growing operations in the Copper Canyon and Sinoloa.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #759
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
You sound like an interesting dude, if I ever make it down that way or you are ever back near KY I may have to buy you a copy of your favorite beverage.

Thanks Mon! Not sure when or if I'll even be back, but if I do come wandering through I'll take you up on it.

I've wanted to ride around a bit in Appalachia, maybe going back over towards Matewan, WV, but to be honest, after traveling a bit in Mexico I think that it would be a bit anticlimactic.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #760
The Cyclops
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Mon! Not sure when or if I'll even be back, but if I do come wandering through I'll take you up on it.

I've wanted to ride around a bit in Appalachia, maybe going back over towards Matewan, WV, but to be honest, after traveling a bit in Mexico I think that it would be a bit anticlimactic.
I can buy that. To be honest, about the time I started shifting from dirt bikes to adventure riding my son got old enough (15) to really get into the dirt biking thing and now I don't get much of a chance to do anything but that. I also have a 1 year old, so that keeps me close to home, too. When I hit 50 in 6 years (damn, it hurts to say that out load) I will have 2 sons that will be of riding age (street) and we plan to go on a big DS trip for a few weeks together (Mex or TAT). Or at least I keep telling myself that, it gets me through the long, rainy KY winters...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #761
The Cyclops
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
National parks where? Mexico or Kentucky?
Parks in CA
Old 04-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #762
The Cyclops
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster
Thats some funny stuff right there.

How tall is Chuck Norris in Mexico?

On a more serious note, you are correct, they grow in parks and mostly in National Forest land. You have to be careful where you ride nowadays. Before you would only have to worry about hillbillies stringing up barbwire across a trail, but now its a whole 'nother Oprah. And this is right here in the USA, not Mexico.
At least the good thing about riding here is you can carry. Probably not really that much help (since they have fully auto AK's or AR's I would guess), but it adds a little piece of mind anyways.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #763
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,526
Speaking of KY, that's where my son was born. Ft. Knox, KY at Army Ireland Hospital. Now he is stationed there and lives in Brandenburg, KY.

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #764
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,122
Is México Safe?

Four People Shot, Dozens Arrested In Drug Gang War!!
http://wcbstv.com/local/midtown.manh...2.1611605.html

Bomb Threat Closes Federal Courthouse!!
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ET1NHG0&show_article=1

Sports Celebrity Employs Army Of 90 Bodyguards!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1263385/Tiger-Woods-returns-golf-Augusta--army-90-bodyguards.html

Law Enforcement Agents Terrorize Woman In Her Own Home!!
http://www.kget.com/mostpopular/story/Sheriffs-department-launches-internal/V6wT6LFFpke93tb_h6XCLg.cspx

Federal Gov't Accused Of Corrupting Election!!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-1936517.html

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #765
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
At least the good thing about riding here is you can carry. Probably not really that much help (since they have fully auto AK's or AR's I would guess), but it adds a little piece of mind anyways.

True.

Sorta.

Like you said, I wouldn't want to bring a pistol when an assault rifle is more appropriate.