Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #946
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Several people wrote in to the newspaper and said this was old news, which is why I underlined that it's the first official announcement from the guv'mint about what's going on.

Makes for interesting reading, and how the Gulf Cartel wants a more peaceful, prosperous Northern Mexico ... just as long as no one interferes with their drug smuggling.
Yeah, I think you are correct as being the first acknowledgment by the government. The cartels have always wanted to be low key and to keep the local areas prosperous. This experiment with their mercenaries has been a seriously flawed experiment that has backfired. I wonder how their suppliers from Colombia feel about this. This is not good supply chain management, especially is shipments are being lost or stolen.

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #947
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja
The cartels have always wanted to be low key and to keep the local areas prosperous. .....
Yes, this is right.

And in the other hand, We, the normal citizens, for sake of safe, shall stay low profile and OBSERVE basic things not to be done here in the border cities..;

WHILE DRIVING:
1. DO NOT HONK to ANYONE that may be interfering on your way, or is too slow, or is not starting after get green light.
2. LET ANYONE pass you if they are speeding or shifting lanes quickly.
3. Do not speed too much above limit into the city, neither be changing lanes like crazy.

I keep saying this to my wife, BUT she did not listen to me, so this past friday (04.09.2010), she honked to a small SUV, who suddenly merged to traffic in front of her, but kept a pace too slow, so she was approaching very fast and honked once.
She said, that immediately, the rear window got down a a guy peered out pointing at her a freaking gunmachine, , and she said to me she could read on the guy's mouth: WTF hurry with you?
My daughter was also with her. It was so freaking scary for them.

NOW she is not giving to me the rolled eyes every time I tell her To keep the first three basic things.

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #948
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,618
Lobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:59 AM   #949
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte
Yes, this is right.

And in the other hand, We, the normal citizens, for sake of safe, shall stay low profile and OBSERVE basic things not to be done here in the border cities..;

WHILE DRIVING:
1. DO NOT HONK to ANYONE that may be interfering on your way, or is too slow, or is not starting after get green light.
3. Do not speed too much above limit into the city, neither be changing lanes like crazy.

I keep saying this to my wife, BUT she did not listen to me, so this past friday (04.09.2010), she honked to a small SUV, who suddenly merged to traffic in front of her, but kept a pace too slow, so she was approaching very fast and honked once.
She said, that immediately, the rear window got down a a guy peered out pointing at her a freaking gunmachine, , and she said to me she could read on the guy's mouth: WTF hurry with you?
My daughter was also with her. It was so freaking scary for them.

NOW she is not giving to me the rolled eyes every time I tell her To keep the first three basic things.
Good post Arte. I practice those rules anywhere in Latin America. My wife also, muy testaruda!

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #950
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Wow Arte ... glad that your family is safe.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #951
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,323
Photos of Aleida can wait until later, better to let what Arte posted sink in
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #952
PirateJohn
Banned

No news is good news in the McAllen newspaper. No mention of any new violence in Mexico.

The big news around here is that some dude got shot outside a bar in Donna, TX but the bullet didn't penetrate his skull. Those of us who are unkind would probably argue that the gunmen need to buy a larger caliber weapon.

That and Bret Michaels (lead singer for Poison) has cancelled his appearances here because he is hospitalized in San Antonio with appendicitis. Which really sucks, because he was supposed to appear at the bar where Deb runs the kitchen after he did his big show in the local arena and we were expecting a good night of food sales.

Life goes on. There is a gentleman coming into town this afternoon and we are going to ride around Reynosa after I get off from work. If he has time I may suggest that we hit Nuevo Progreso. Anyone want to join us?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #953
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpilottx
From previous posts, I was one who considered Mexico fairly safe for riders. Well, I just came from a seminar on the violence in Juarez which started off with a five minute video which had been broadcast on Mexican TV. It shows a group of men with automatic weapons invading Creel on March 15, 2010, killing 9 people and leaving. The video was recorded by the state police of Chihuahua and I recognized several landmarks in Creel. The military and federales did not take any action while the video was being recorded.

My wife just told me that the brother of one of her parents (she is a teacher at an elementary school here in El Paso) was kidnapped. He is Hispanic but an American citizen. The demand for ransom is $1 million and his family has not heard from him in a week. This did not occur in Juarez but in the rural area of Chihuahua.

Now the odds of anything happening to a specific individual remain very high, but I am wondering if it is worth chancing it when Canada and the good old USA have so much to offer.

I would suspect that the 9 in Creel were targeted because they were either involved with the drug trade, or they were family members.

And if you are in el Paso then you know that Juarez has been tough, tough, tough lately.

There really hasn't been much in the way of random terror or bystanders getting killed until lately.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #954
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja
I wonder how their suppliers from Colombia feel about this. This is not good supply chain management, especially is shipments are being lost or stolen.

Those boys play rough, and if you lose something they don't just take it out of your paycheck in installments.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #955
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,748
Quote:
WHILE DRIVING:
Thanks Arte - that's some good stuff I'll make sure to remember.

Sounds like driving the border region is a bit like swimming in a shark tank -
you don't want to be the little fish thrashing around drawing attention.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #956
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Life goes on. There is a gentleman coming into town this afternoon and we are going to ride around Reynosa after I get off from work. If he has time I may suggest that we hit Nuevo Progreso. Anyone want to join us?
Thanks for the updates - be safe and keep'm coming. See you soon.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #957
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Looks like these stickers won't be going on the sidecases anytime soon...

Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #958
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
Looks like these stickers won't be going on the sidecases anytime soon...

Uh, yeah ...

I took the BuccaneerPress.com lettering off my top case last weekend. Seriously. I didn't want anyone to think that I was a journalist.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #959
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
Photos of Aleida can wait until later, better to let what Arte posted sink in
Hey Bob, put them back !! we need those sponsorshift relief moments to ease the scary moments we live down here.

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #960
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

And Now a Word from our Sponsor, Aleida Núñez

Quote:
Hey Bob, put them back !! we need those sponsorshift relief moments to ease the scary moments we live down here.
¡a tus ordenes!

Aleida is from Lagos de Moreno, Jalisco