Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #11206
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Eakins, a Canadian mining company is currently doing exploration at San Sebastian to possibly put it back into production.

http://www.edrsilver.com/s/sansebast...eportID=471267

http://www.edrsilver.com/i/pdf/San_S...an-TechRpt.pdf

There is a technical report here with some background information on the area and a nice photo from el Cerro de la Bufa. That Panzon Bigoton, Luis Castro lives here in DGO. I know he loves working there, he just needs to find something with some size then maybe he can stay.
Interesting stock chart, interesting silver price chart, so Mr Brains for Rocks is this company worth considering as an investment opportunity..

BobLoblaw screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 12:23 PM
BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #11207
Snownut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Liability insurance is to get you out of a potential jam/keep you out of jail.

Motorcycle damage/theft insurance is on an inanimate object - for your own bike, this depends upon how you value a piece of metal.

MedJet insurance really isn't for you when you think about it. Who cares about you**. I'm concerned for your family - how are they going to get your sorry rear end out of Mexico if you're broken and they want you home. Look at it not from a selfish perspective, look at it from the perspective of your loved ones.

**I'm being a bit facetious here with "Who cares about you", but I think most people will get the point.

If you bust it up and sit in any hospital, not just a Mexican hospital, when you could be transported the next day to your hometown, it will only take that one time and you'll be buying MedJet the rest of your life.
I am looking into https://online.piu.org/online_major_...b125d85e04d772 and Medjet.. Plus I will have full coverage bike insurance with a high medical coverage. If for some reason I ended up in an accident that caused a multiple car accident and heaven forbid other injured people I want to have my bases covered.. I have no desire to spend any time in a Mexican hospital or prison.. For basically $225 you can have the peace of mind that your bills will be covered, your bike and gear will be covered, and you can get home.. That may be steep for a week, but something bad in a foreign country could be a life changer..
Snownut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #11208
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
I am looking into https://online.piu.org/online_major_...b125d85e04d772 and Medjet.. Plus I will have full coverage bike insurance with a high medical coverage. If for some reason I ended up in an accident that caused a multiple car accident and heaven forbid other injured people I want to have my bases covered.. I have no desire to spend any time in a Mexican hospital or prison.. For basically $225 you can have the peace of mind that your bills will be covered, your bike and gear will be covered, and you can get home.. That may be steep for a week, but something bad in a foreign country could be a life changer..
In recognition of this fine graduate thesis I award you a PhD on the subject of Risk Management.

On an associate note, I understand those who have budget limitations. However, it is exactly for the budget limited that I recommend MedJet and liability insurance. When you're traveling south of the border, accidents don't know what kind of budget you have. It is exactly for when you are laid up in some hospital with a compound fracture of your femur, this is the occasion when your already taxed personal financial situation is about to become painful. You will still need to come home, and somebody, probably you, is about to spend literally thousands of dollars to repatriate you.

Justin now has a PayPal account set up and it remains to be seen what the cost of his accident turns out to be and whether or not donations will cover the cost of getting him home. You do not want to be in the ???? situation in a foreign country. WhiskeySmith's intial medevac bill from Mexico was in excess of $25,000 until he got it negotiated lower.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #11209
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 934
On bike coverage, there are policies being offered with pretty high deductibles and maximum payouts for theft, fire and collision. Read the policy. Also note that many times a week long policy is just a few dollars less than a much longer policy. So if you are thinking about more than one trip in the next 12 months, look into that angle as well.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #11210
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
But back to the subject of Safety. Here your chance to get your helmet blessed.

After the helmet has been blessed, do you still have to wear it? Do you still need insurance?
that Marco Zamudio was quite the painter. http://www.enkil.org/2009/11/01/marc...ismo-pasional/
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #11211
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #11212
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Here's a photo of Justin. The quote/photo was lifted from John's ride report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDowns View Post
Here's our hero:

Buenos noches,
Juanito
Old 12-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #11213
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:

Good Luck to you too Justin.

"The crew deduced that the North Koreans didn’t know what the finger meant. In the subsequent propaganda photos of the crew, their middle fingers were firmly extended to the cameraman. When the North Koreans questioned, the crew described it as the “Hawaiian good luck sign.” "

Every day is a new adventure!

airdale7 screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 07:22 PM Reason: left out quotes
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #11214
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Mexico Insurance

I got a health policy from FrontierMedEx that includes air evacuation to a hospital near home and will even pay for someone from home to come to where you are to help get you home. Given this flurry of information I will have to go over it again in more detail. My reading of the MedJet Assist Web Site is that it has an annual membership and only covers flying you home in the event of illness or injury. It does not apparently cover your initial hospitalization. I got a Mexican moto insurance policy for six months for $231.44. $300,000 combined limit for property damage, bodily injury, fire theft and collision. My SPOT coverage will pay up to $50K for search and rescue with a limit of 2 incidents per year. The insurance agency I worked with was efficient and pleasant. PM me if you want any details. I think the MedJet program looks pretty good but might be redundant in my case... I will have to double check that now.
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #11215
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,820
Quote:
That pic of Justin's hospital room is the best MedJet Assist ad I've ever seen. Will soon renew my annual policy.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #11216
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,124
Craneguy and I have been busy testing our new secret product. This is one that will have us literally swimming in pesos!

It can't miss, it is coming out just in time for Christmas! It will be available only in Mexico in the finest of "tiendas de auto servicio", the upscale ones, such as Oxxo and we really had to be hardnosed when negotiating with Carlos Slim. I can't tell you how many times we left the boardroom table and headed for the door calling his bluff. We finally got him to agree to our terms. That Craneguy really makes his presence felt at the corporate level. The coffee he brought me was always really hot and fresh and the little towelettes he thoughtfully placed on the tray kept me feeling "fresh and invigorated" during the heavy moments. I must say, those Brits really do understand decorum and protocol. I think he learned it in India.

This is a niche product, not for everyone.

We opted for product placement right beside the Noche Buena display.

No animals were harmed during the processing and field testing of this product. In fact, the Mystery Rider is using it as a chupacabra repellant and he says it is working to 100% efficiency because he hasn't seen one in his garage in at least week.

You know how many cases of this we can move at a BMW rally here?

Who needs insurance or a Med Jet when you are wearing this?

Gentlemen, we bring you...

"You know Mexico is safe, when you smell like Mexico is safe".

MikeMike screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 04:55 AM
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #11217
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post

"You know Mexico is safe, when you smell like Mexico is safe".
And I thought we were getting on top of that smell with the moist towelettes!

It's a magnificent scent. Do you have any idea how difficult it was to blend the aroma of expensive coffee, suicidal donkey and topes?

Oh, and I only make my presence felt at Christmas. I can't stand waiting to open them on Christmas morning...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #11218
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Holy Smokes

Even Peña's motorcade riders have MedJet

And liability insurance

Optonal: And full motorcycle damage/loss insurance (provided by the Mexican taxpayer)
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #11219
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

That's the best "oh shit where'd that tope come from?" testimony I've ever seen
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #11220
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:

Even Peña's motorcade riders have MedJet

And liability insurance

Optonal: And full motorcycle damage/loss insurance (provided by the Mexican taxpayer)
Holly cow ! This presidents of ours

Bato is offline   Reply With Quote