Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #13546
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
You and me both. I am going to pour bleach in my eyes.
I may pour bleach on my computer and then spray it with Lysol.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #13547
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
C'mon, you guys brought up the "fucking Goofy" thing.

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #13548
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
One of the worst of many bads that my generation perpetrated was a half baked understanding of karma. Karma is simply action, it is an expression of the law of cause and effect... Newtonian physics of the non-physical realm... translated simply to motorcycles if you stop your bike and don't put your foot down you will fall over... you can work to balance yourself for awhile but eventually you run out of balance karma and unless you employ foot on the ground karma (action) you fall over and then have to engage in getting off the ground karma... see how simple it is? Everything you do is karma, even not doing is karma.

So... back in January, when I was studying Spanish in San Miguel de Allende, my teacher was robbed by a couple of street punks. One of the posters here suggested that we all kick into a Doña Sara fund. In very short order a number of you contributed money and we were able to restore Doña Sara's funds. Collective karma. Then the heavy hand of the mod came lightly down and scolded me/us for doing such a thing. Karma.

On Saturday, while I was out riding with MikeMike, the camarista took it upon herself to go through my things. She was able to find the emergency funds in US dollars that I had so cleverly hidden and rather then just leaving them be helped herself to them. I reported this to the management and following an investigation the young lady was let go. Without getting into detail, In management's view she had clearly "done the crime". Karma.

Normally I would take more careful measures to protect my property but this is not a New York City Hotel and I felt that my belongings and cash were very safe just as I had left them. The cash was very well hidden. The thief just had the time and the opportunity to defeat my best measures. Shit happens.

This afternoon the manager handed me a small brown envelope that contained full restitution of my lost funds. Karma. Thank you Doña Sara and the Virgen de Guadalupe.
Instant karma...

Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #13549
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Grossest thing I have ever seen. I told her to stop it and she wouldn't. She just laughed. Met her a drop zone back when I used to skydive. This was back in the 70's.
Looking back I bet you wish your 'chute hadn't opened.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #13550
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
C'mon, you guys brought up the "fucking Goofy" thing.
You are forgiven. Just too much detail among friends ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #13551
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,811
Quote:
Fucking Goofy? That's pretty severe, but I did date a girl once that jacked off her German shepherd in front of me. Grossest thing I have ever seen. I told her to stop it and she wouldn't. She just laughed. Met her a drop zone back when I used to skydive. This was back in the 70's.
Sounds like she got dropped one too many times.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #13552
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908

MEXICO CITY (CNNExpansión) - The Attorney General's Office (PGR) arrested Tuesday at Elba Esther Gordillo, leader of the National Union Lifetime Education Workers, after detours millionaires discovered to their advantage.
The prosecutor explained that Jesus Murillo Karam discovered an embezzlement that resulted in payments to department stores, credit card and even surgeries.

"We concluded the participation of Mrs. Elba Esther Gordillo Morales in operations with illegal proceeds," the official said at a press conference, explained that the leader and teacher was arrested on Tuesday by members of the Federal Police in the Toluca airport .

"Gordillo said revenue from 2009 to 2012 by 1.1 million, far less than the deposits investigated," he explained.

The total amount to resources analyzed 2,600 million pesos, and triangulation was done by companies and individuals, including relatives of Gordillo.

Resources "should enter the Union, inter alia, by deductions from the workers themselves," he explained Murillo Karam, who refused to answer questions, because, he said, is just beginning the process against Gordillo.

On 23 February the criminal action was instituted against Gordillo Morales, an arrest warrant was obtained on February 24 and was executed on Tuesday.

He said the operation stemmed from a complaint filed by the Financial Intelligence Unit of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP), then detected irregular movements in accounts of the National Union of Education Workers (SNTE).

Examples of deviations, the attorney described February 1 million in wire transfers to Switzerland and Liechtenstein on behalf of a company, whose majority shareholder was the mother of Elba Esther Gordillo.

Another case is diverting resources that ended in card payments on behalf of the teachers' union leader.

Source

Bato screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 06:30 PM
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #13553
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Funny! But I think Ken is on vacation right now ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Nope. He's still here. Although it's a minor miracle neither of you got the ban hammer for that episode. Jürgen is a good guy.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul

SchizzMan screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 07:16 PM
Old 02-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #13554
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,875
About time

It wasn't money well spent

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #13555
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

MORE EYE BLEACH!! AAAAARGH!!

Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #13556
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
F'in Goofy Thread

There is plenty of fodder here to get this one started!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #13557
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Goofy

Someone should add the peanut butter/dog/surprise birthday party story. JD is quite right. His edit correctly tells the story as I originally heard it. Thanks for clearing that up JD. My lovely insane ex is requiring me to be in court on Monday morning so I am going to have to head up to LA (by air) and try to be back for the "gathering of Brujos" at Catemaco on 3/7-8. I will be primed to buy a really nasty spell or curse from one of them. What the hell, nothing else I have done has worked so well.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #13558
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Well, David, I wish you the best with all of that. Catemaco will be a lovely place to clear your mind afterwards. Maybe a boat ride to Monkey Island for a good laugh.

Suerte.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #13559
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Help!

Quote:
Fucking Goofy? That's pretty severe, but I did date a girl once that jacked off her German shepherd in front of me. Grossest thing I have ever seen. I told her to stop it and she wouldn't. She just laughed. Met her a drop zone back when I used to skydive. This was back in the 70's.
At least you didn't help!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #13560
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,367
News Break

Breaking wire reports on that cycling couple from California, feared missing in Peru, and who were last heard from as they were on their bicycles traveling from Cusco to Lima, were found safe. They were reportedly found on some sort of river boat excursion from Peru to Ecuador. The story is still developing.

LINK
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote