Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #1351
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn

It's meant to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy over the top, and they are enjoying the free publicity from yanking chains in Arizona.
Whew! I'll relax now. So you think Rodriguez is fueling the zenophobia
angle in order to promote the film? He's a shrewed dude.

BTW, I'm pretty sure we rode past this guy (in the poster) in Cadereyta.
It yielded a swing and a miss on the machete fodder (Harley) guy.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #1352
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815
I received an official memo from the TX DPS today stating to not not cross the border this weekend.

I cant copy the letter here for some reason but it claims that this weekend will be the most bloody and violent weekend in mexican history. They claim that they will go all out to destroy their enemy and that they will identify themselves with dark clothes and orange letters on the clothes. I wish i could copy this to here but it will not let me copy from the original document.

DPS claims that a flier was left on a vehicle in brownsville with a letter from them stating all these things.

PJ, and Arte i will be sending you guys a copy of the pdf document. If anybody else wants the file pm me your email and i will forward it to you.

Thanks Cory! Deb was telling me about that, but I haven't seen anything in the newspapers. She said that she caught a mention on the local TV.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #1353
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Today's border news ...

Yesterday there was a tweet on Reynosa's Tweeter account advising avoiding part of the Centro maybe 7-8 blocks away from the Mission Bar. According to today's paper the authorities found the body of Reynosa's public work's director at that intersection, shot multiple times. It was also reported that he had a significant military background.

In other news a mayoral candidate and his son were killed by gunmen. It was noted that they were members of the PAN party, and that PAN has taken a strong position against organized crime. In turn, there have been several assassinations of politicians who are members of PAN; after the recent shootings several PAN members in neighboring towns dropped out of their races.

In case anyone doesn't already know: PAN became a major political force
during the 80's in the frontier states and has occupied the presidency dur-
ing the last 3 administrations. The PAN power base is still the frontier states
where the cartel power struggle is the most intense. IMO PAN and the car-
tels are on a collision course.

It appears that Mexico may be following the general path that
Colombia went down some years ago. Remember what followed such
political killings in Colombia?

Not trying to play "chicken little" here. Just trying to apply the lessons
learned.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #1354
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan
Whew! I'll relax now. So you think Rodriguez is fueling the zenophobia
angle in order to promote the film? He's a shrewed dude.

BTW, I'm pretty sure we rode past this guy (in the poster) in Cadereyta.
It yielded a swing and a miss on the machete fodder (Harley) guy.

I think it's all a publicity stunt. The movie appeals to the gore (small "G" ... not Al) crowd that like the zombie movies.

But Trejo is a mesmerizing actor. I hope this goes well for him.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #1355
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
I think it's all a publicity stunt. The movie appeals to the gore (small "G" ... not Al) crowd that like the zombie movies.

But Trejo is a mesmerizing actor. I hope this goes well for him.
Now, PJ, who's to say that Al Gore won't like this film?

After all, it depicts a reduction in the greatest threat to the planet, right??

Old 05-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #1356
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815
I received an official memo from the TX DPS today stating to not not cross the border this weekend.

I cant copy the letter here for some reason but it claims that this weekend will be the most bloody and violent weekend in mexican history. They claim that they will go all out to destroy their enemy and that they will identify themselves with dark clothes and orange letters on the clothes. I wish i could copy this to here but it will not let me copy from the original document.

DPS claims that a flier was left on a vehicle in brownsville with a letter from them stating all these things.

PJ, and Arte i will be sending you guys a copy of the pdf document. If anybody else wants the file pm me your email and i will forward it to you.
You have a PM.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #1357
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:

It appears that Mexico may be following the general path that
Colombia went down some years ago. Remember what followed such
political killings in Colombia?

Not trying to play "chicken little" here. Just trying to apply the lessons
learned.

We won't know for sure until it's past history, but my read is that the Zetas at some levels are following the Escobar narco-terrorist handbook, but that the Gulf Cartel wants the violence to go away ASAP.

Part of the issue with the Zetas seems to be that the leadership was pretty civil, but the original leadership has either been arrested or sent to prison, and the younger guys are getting desperate, so that's why we are seeing some crazy stuff from them.

We will just have to see what the future holds.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #1358
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
We won't know for sure until it's past history, but my read is that the Zetas at some levels are following the Escobar narco-terrorist handbook, but that the Gulf Cartel wants the violence to go away ASAP.

Part of the issue with the Zetas seems to be that the leadership was pretty civil, but the original leadership has either been arrested or sent to prison, and the younger guys are getting desperate, so that's why we are seeing some crazy stuff from them.

We will just have to see what the future holds.
Well put.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #1359
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZbrah
I moved to TJ a few months ago to complete an adoption and will need to be here for many two years. I ride back and forth on my 2009 1200GS taking almost five minutes in the line Built a house last year in Zwat and this weekend heading out for a ride south of San Felipe to Puertecitos. There is so many great rides here, open road VERY few cops and speeding tickets are about 10 bucks

At night in the wrong place you are a fool to be there but out in the country on a open road can't think of many places more beautiful!

ve por ti mismo
Good thing is that in TJ and Ensenada you can have a beer and good Mexican Pink floyd music at the bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FahdcJVaNBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hzly...eature=related

arte

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #1360
subcomm
adrenaline junkie

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Every Federale that I have ever met was VERY professional.

The local cops are almost always friendly, but it's no secret that some cannot even afford bullets for their old revolvers (literally!) so it's not hard to imagine that they feel the need to "supplement" their pay every so often.
Do you mean some local LE"supplementing" their pay every so often by being on the Cartel payroll? A large majority of the Monterrey local PD has been fired in the past year by the Mexican federal govenrment for acting as lookouts, snitches and in some cases hitman for the Cartels. This scenario has been repeated over and over in big and small towns throughout Mexico. The situation in Mexico and especially in the Northern frontera region is very convoluted and fluid on who civilians can and can't trust. That includes local PD, state cops, Federal (PFP) and the Miltary. Corruption is very rampant in Mexico and is ingrained in most aspects of govenrment. It has become much more apparant since 2006 when the Drug wars started between the Mexican Feds and the cartels and the cartels piling up bodies and they wage war on each other. Although there are probably a lot of good honest law enforcement in Mexico, in my opinion it is very foolish to implictly trust any LE in Mexico.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #1361
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcomm
Do you mean some local LE"supplementing" their pay every so often by being on the Cartel payroll? A large majority of the Monterrey local PD has been fired in the past year by the Mexican federal govenrment for acting as lookouts, snitches and in some cases hitman for the Cartels. This scenario has been repeated over and over in big and small towns throughout Mexico. The situation in Mexico and especially in the Northern frontera region is very convoluted and fluid on who civilians can and can't trust. That includes local PD, state cops, Federal (PFP) and the Miltary. Corruption is very rampant in Mexico and is ingrained in most aspects of govenrment. It has become much more apparant since 2006 when the Drug wars started between the Mexican Feds and the cartels and the cartels piling up bodies and they wage war on each other. Although there are probably a lot of good honest law enforcement in Mexico, in my opinion it is very foolish to implictly trust any LE in Mexico.
The reputation of the PFP has generated a few posts here recently. My
experience with them (Policia Federal, right?) is limited to a single encoun-
ter. What information do you have regarding the integrity or corruption of
PFP?

Thanks,

Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #1362
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
That's a pretty bold assertion. I mean, we have that kind of thing going on
to some extent here and you're saying it never happens in Mexico? Really?

I'm still not sure we're talking about the same agency. But let's be clear
about one thing: it's not my opinion you're taking issue with. I've had only
the one encounter with a Policia Federal and that doesn't provide for much
of an opinion. I can say that he was puro cabron, was rude to my lawyer and
the ticket was bogus. There was no violation and everyone who was there
agreed about that.

As far as the opinion of the Policia Federal, that opinion is held universally by my
lawyer and her friends and family who have lived in Mexico City for many
generations. My attorney resigned her job at the Federal Department of
Criminal Justice because of the corruption in that department and the
Policia Federal. It is their opinion you are taking issue with. I can't say
that you don't know better, but.............
No, I'm not saying that. Or anything close. You are. What I said is this: The Mexican federal police are well-paid college graduates who tolerate no internal corruption and operate much the same as any American state police unit. You were likely told to pay because they don't write bogus tickets and accept no mordida. Quite frankly, you're mistaken if you think the federal police have the "worst reputation."

If someone told you the federal police have "the worst reputation" of law enforcement agencies, they are simply wrong because that is not true.

I spend a good period of the year in Mexico and have family and friends all over the country. From our first-hand experience and from everything we've heard (until what you're saying) the Federal Police are not corrupt but are well-trained, professional and hard-working law enforcement officers. If you polled 100 Mexican citizens, 99 of them would agree.

Quote:
you are safer in 99% of Northern Mexico than you are in 99% of Jacksonville, FL.
TemeculaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #1363
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeculaRider
...From our first-hand experience and from everything we've heard (until what you're saying) the Federal Police are not corrupt but are well-trained, professional and hard-working law enforcement officers. If you polled 100 Mexican citizens, 99 of them would agree.
This has been my experience as well.

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #1364
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,222
Bunking: Posada de las Monjas

Two blocks off the center of the universe there, it's inexpensive, cozy, and gated courtyard parking.

Eating: For Good Eats try Tio Lucas.....there are dozens of great places in SMA but that's one I hit every time.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #1365
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja
This has been my experience as well.
I'll ping my friends in MC and see what they think about it.

Clearly I found the one Policia Federal who was corrupt and unprofessional.
And that was also my lawyer's opinion of him and the "infraction"
after dealing with him over the phone and then inspecting my vehicle
later at her home. It was nothing but a pretext for mordida - money was
taken and no ticket issued. The officer did issue me a "code word" to use
if I was stopped again for the same "infraction". Of course no one did.

SchizzMan screwed with this post 05-14-2010 at 08:55 PM