Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #14866
Tury
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddog View Post
What the others said about Tury, he can help you out.

We usually stay at the Maria Dolores in Chihuahua

N28 38.486 W106 04.566

In Creel, we stayed at Margaritas this year. Very nice comfortable rooms. B'fast & Dinner included in the price

Have Fun in Mexico!

Sleddog
Tomcat9;

This are the hotels I suggest to stay, in Chihuahua and at Creel, you mention " we are" so you can split the expense of the hotels, you can get in touch with me 011 52 1 614 142 0640 directly or sending a text writing down the number because sometimes it will appear as an unknown number, I´ll get in touch, and when here at Chih city we will XX lager it is already at the 30´s C more than at El Paso.
Tury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #14867
tomcat9
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Hola Tom,

In Creel I stayed at the Villa Santa Cruz on the east side of the tracks just south of the baseball field. Cheap and clean with secure parking.

Jimmex is right about Tury. Try contacting him.

Enjoy Copper Canyon!
Hi SchizzMan,
I contacted him yesterday and he also gave me a response immediately. Now I have not only a first hotel I can go, I have also options

Thanks
tomcat9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #14868
tomcat9
Adventurer

looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddog View Post
What the others said about Tury, he can help you out.

We usually stay at the Maria Dolores in Chihuahua

N28 38.486 W106 04.566

In Creel, we stayed at Margaritas this year. Very nice comfortable rooms. B'fast & Dinner included in the price

Have Fun in Mexico!

Sleddog
Both look great,
I think we will try out both , if we find it

Thanks
Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #14869
tomcat9
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tury View Post
Tomcat9;

This are the hotels I suggest to stay, in Chihuahua and at Creel, you mention " we are" so you can split the expense of the hotels, you can get in touch with me 011 52 1 614 142 0640 directly or sending a text writing down the number because sometimes it will appear as an unknown number, I´ll get in touch, and when here at Chih city we will XX lager it is already at the 30´s C more than at El Paso.
What, it is already that hot? I guess I can leave my Raingear at home
I'll sent you the Message, even I am pretty sure that I don't have coverage in Mexico with my Phone.
Looking forward to see Chihuahua and have this beer.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #14870
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat9 View Post
What, it is already that hot? I guess I can leave my Raingear at home
I'll sent you the Message, even I am pretty sure that I don't have coverage in Mexico with my Phone.
Looking forward to see Chihuahua and have this beer.
It's miserable at the moment where I am. Hot and humid. I'm starting to rethink my decision to go and work in the middle east. Not sure I can handle 140 degrees and 90%+ humidity like I did in my 20's. :mad:
Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #14871
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
It's miserable at the moment where I am. Hot and humid. I'm starting to rethink my decision to go and work in the middle east. Not sure I can handle 140 degrees and 90%+ humidity like I did in my 20's. :mad:
I'm sure they've told you that there are only 11 months of Eternal Spring in Cuernavaca.
April will soon pass.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #14872
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
I'm sure they've told you that there are only 11 months of Eternal Spring in Cuernavaca.
April will soon pass.
I have 3 days to go. I'll report in from the sandbox when I get there.

That eternal spring thing comes direct from the marketing department. Hot summers, chilly winters...

It least winter is dry. We've had about 2" of rain in the last 6 months.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #14873
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
I have 3 days to go. I'll report in from the sandbox when I get there.

That eternal spring thing comes direct from the marketing department. Hot summers, chilly winters...

It least winter is dry. We've had about 2" of rain in the last 6 months.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
April is typically the driest, hottest month for Cuernavaca. Used to travel there a lot and always avoided it in April. Sounds like the weather is not following the usual trends. Must be Global Climate Change due to one too many Suburbans.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 04-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #14874
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,101
Mexican Weather Girls on Cuernavaca

I called Mayte Carranco to ask about the weather pattern in Cuernavaca, and she pointed me to the data:

Other than a record high blip, the average high temp of 86.2 for April is a "hot" I'll take any day.

In fact, the only "hot" here is still, well, Mayte Carranco
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #14875
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 978
4/16/13 - Mexico 15 - Acaponeta to Mazatlan Playas

This was a good easy ride of a little over 100 miles. The cuota and libre pretty much parallel each other and the traffic is light on the libre so you can make pretty good time. As in so many places in Mexico they are doing road improvements so the libre will be as good as the quota in the parts that they are working on. I chose to take the cuota for the last part of the route so I wouldn't have to go through Esquinapa... just wanted to save time and get to the hotel I had reserved. The hotel, Playa Mazatlan, was recommended by Skip Mascorro of MotoDiscovery and is really first rate. I chose an Ocean Front room at $107/night, the most I have spent in Mexico, and it is worth every penny. The room is huge, the bed is comfortable, there is filtered water from a tap (I used the SteriPen anyway, better safe than sorry), the restaurant is good and if you book the room on line you get a credit voucher for $14/US which brings the room cost down to $93. While it is good and possible to be frugal here in Mexico (my dinner of birria and a beer in Acaponeta was delicious and cost $45 pesos around $3.75US) It is nice to splurge once in awhile on food and lodging. There are some great restaurants in Puerto Vallarta and the prices reflect the quality.

Today on to the ferry around 1PM for a 4PM departure and 10AM arrival in La Paz. It will be great to see the sun setting over the Sea of Cortez... at some point during the voyage we will cross the Tropic of Cancer. Mazatlan is just South of it La Paz is North. The ferry is not cheap. For me, the bike and a standard room (recommended by many folks) it is $2733. MP or around $226. US. I am really doing it for the experience of an overnight sea voyage at the mouth of the Sea of Cortez. I am looking forward to it... the expected delays and hassles and all!

Manaña
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #14876
andyc740
Guzzi wrangler

Oddometer: 36
Moving Roadblock

How would you like to get behind this thing on the highway? 317 tons, 1000 km, Altamira, Tamps to Monclova, Coah. The video was posted a year ago.

http://youtu.be/F5_1hAiaFdE

I can't seem to figure out how to embed the video. (Maybe someone can fix it for me.)

Or a Facebook link with a more complete video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151460097020133
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #14877
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,101
On another forum, somebody is claiming they have been asked downrange to produce their title at checkpoints, and once after an accident.

This has never, ever, no not once, been part of my experience.

I've seen titles used to obtain TVIPs, but there I use my registration. I've commented on this many, many times.

In fact, I've never brought my title to Mexico.

Anyone ever been asked to produce their bike title "downrange" inside Mexico?

I wanted to do a little homework before I replied "on the other forum"
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #14878
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,431
Not necessary or required to produce a title. If someone was completely paranoid about this, they could make a color copy of their original title and have a Mexican Notario stamp it for them. My guess is the Notario would probably charge something like 250 pesos.

Some expats do that because they are on the local Transito "Client" list.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #14879
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

I have been asked once or twice by Banjercito staff to present my title but I always show the reg and they've always accepted it. Possibly just a language skill issue. I find nothing on Banjercito's web site requiring a title over registration.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #14880
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
This was a good easy ride of a little over 100 miles. The cuota and libre pretty much parallel each other and the traffic is light on the libre so you can make pretty good time. As in so many places in Mexico they are doing road improvements so the libre will be as good as the quota in the parts that they are working on. I chose to take the cuota for the last part of the route so I wouldn't have to go through Esquinapa... just wanted to save time and get to the hotel I had reserved. The hotel, Playa Mazatlan, was recommended by Skip Mascorro of MotoDiscovery and is really first rate. I chose an Ocean Front room at $107/night, the most I have spent in Mexico, and it is worth every penny. The room is huge, the bed is comfortable, there is filtered water from a tap (I used the SteriPen anyway, better safe than sorry), the restaurant is good and if you book the room on line you get a credit voucher for $14/US which brings the room cost down to $93. While it is good and possible to be frugal here in Mexico (my dinner of birria and a beer in Acaponeta was delicious and cost $45 pesos around $3.75US) It is nice to splurge once in awhile on food and lodging. There are some great restaurants in Puerto Vallarta and the prices reflect the quality.

Today on to the ferry around 1PM for a 4PM departure and 10AM arrival in La Paz. It will be great to see the sun setting over the Sea of Cortez... at some point during the voyage we will cross the Tropic of Cancer. Mazatlan is just South of it La Paz is North. The ferry is not cheap. For me, the bike and a standard room (recommended by many folks) it is $2733. MP or around $226. US. I am really doing it for the experience of an overnight sea voyage at the mouth of the Sea of Cortez. I am looking forward to it... the expected delays and hassles and all!

Manaña
+1 on Playa Maz hotel. Great place to splurge on a trip. And MAZ has the best sunsets on the west coast, IMO.

Does the "standard room" include a sleeping berth? How many hours to make the crossing?