Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,251
Thanks quint7. I'll be watchin.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 AM   #1622
9secondsflat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Like many here I have too many leather jackets some only get worn a few times a season. I could never justify spending the money for a Victory jacket until last night...found one brand new for 80 bucks...should be here in two days and then hope it fits...

9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #1623
GAVic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
Like many here I have too many leather jackets some only get worn a few times a season. I could never justify spending the money for a Victory jacket until last night...found one brand new for 80 bucks...should be here in two days and then hope it fits...

Pretty good deal, I have the same Jacket, except it's distressed brown leather, that I got from a guy on another forum. I paid $125.00. That seemed like a decent price as the ones at the dealer they wanted nearly $600.00. It's a pretty decent Jacket and really heavy.
GAVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1624
Gromit01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
I've never understood why some people like to ride around wearing a large advertisement for their bike's manufacturer on their back. At least, not without getting paid for it.
Gromit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #1625
Scaredofthedirt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit01 View Post
I've never understood why some people like to ride around wearing a large advertisement for their bike's manufacturer on their back. At least, not without getting paid for it.
Ever wear a footy jumper? Branded shirt? Anything with a label?

Then again, owning a suzuki I can understand why you wouldn't want people to know...
Scaredofthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #1626
quint7
I don't need a title

Oddometer: 458
I feel the same way about logos but sometimes one company makes something that fits right and then it's "whadda ya gonna do?"
Victory started of making some great coats, then went with the 'meh biker stuff' with fringe and crap and a couple of years ago hired a design guy away from Triumph so their stuff is more Joe Rocket looking now and is sized the same unfortunately.
I have a Vic coat that I bought as a cold weather coat. It was too big.... then. It isn't all conches and stuff, it has an American flag on the sleeve and a reflective "Victory" inlaid in the back and that's it. Looks like a plain old collared leather jacket from Wilson's in the mall or something..... BUT the sleeves are long enough (big AND tall is impossible to find in bike gear that doesn't say HD) and it has arm, armpit and back vents plus a removable liner. The leather isn't the thickest but it is very soft. It works well for me and if I can ever get back down to fighting weight (after 2 knee and a hip operation in a 18 month period) it will go back to just being for cold weather, but it's a great fat coat and with this winter I don't expect to be anywhere on the road until late April. Plus it MSRP'ed at over $300 and I got it off Ebay for like $150 new. Oh..... the guys from work don't mock it for being a Power Ranger's jacket like they did my old blue/black Firstgear Kenya. Another company who shrunk their sizes by one when they redesigned their gear. That Kenya was a perfect coat except for the colored parts. The update was even better (waterproof zippers, neck warmer, etc.) but the body of the coat is easily 4 inches smaller in the body for the exact same size and they don't go up bigger than 2XL long.
There was a video somewhere from when the Triumph guy came over to Victory but I can't find a link..... if I do I'll post it.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #1627
GAVic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
I wondered how long it would take for some one to post this comment. I will never understand the need people have to do that.
GAVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #1628
aaronrkelly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVic View Post
I wondered how long it would take for some one to post this comment. I will never understand the need people have to do that.
I actually DONT have anything that says Victory on it short of a ballcap. I have some Lloydz shirts (Victory performance wrench) but I *would* wear Victory branded gear.

The bikes made in my home state - Iowa. A well made American product - Id be proud to rep it.

Oddly enough the first thing I do before I buy a bike, truck etc is demand they take that ugly ass dealer sticker off my machine.....for the same reason you mentioned above.....I already gave you my money, I dont want to ride around with your business card on my bike.

Im at odds with myself here.....

a quick run to the Black Hills
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post14248448
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #1629
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 934
Quote:
Pride of ownership..
Gary
Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is - the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Winston Churchill
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #1630
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredofthedirt View Post

Then again, owning a suzuki I can understand why you wouldn't want people to know...
WTF?!
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #1631
Old_Lion
Crotchety Biker

Oddometer: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
WTF?!
To each his own. It is a big world.

THINK BIG.

George

Plug and Plug.
Old_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #1632
Gromit01
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
WTF?!
Oops, I haven't updated my profile in...well, ever.

The GSX750F was replaced by a Speed Triple. The Trip was replaced by a Honda CB1300S (my daily ride) and that's now been joined by the Vic. I'll fix the profile.

As for riding gear, I don't actually care if you get around in a fluoro tutu and stiletto workboots. Or whatever.

But the whole notion of brand-based tribal loyalty strikes me as a bit weird (and very HD). I'm not proud of my bikes (I didn't design them or build them) but I'm pleased with my choices. When I stop being pleased I'll buy something else.

And I won't have to get a whole new wardrobe.
Gromit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #1633
quint7
I don't need a title

Oddometer: 458
They are machines. They have no soul. That does not mean that certain ones do not touch one's human soul more than another, but they are no different than a snowblower or pickup truck.
That is my view, but I spent 6 years on amphibious tanks and 17 on ladder trucks in the fire department. I just want them (machines of all kinds) to work when I use them and do what I expect them to do.

If most HD owners took my attitude the company would be bankrupt! I mean.... I've seen licensed Barbie dolls for sale in HD dealers. All done up in leather and fringe.... the little plastic hussy. W.T.F. over?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #1634
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Hog View Post
Pride of ownership..
Gary

I have a Yamaha ball cap I got for free. I've owned BMWs, a Guzzi, a Kawi, a Duc, a few Suzukis and even a junk Honda. But never a Yamaha! I'll wear the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #1635
Dubthesaxguy
Dub

New to Adv and the Vic thread

Enjoying Adventure Rider. Thought I'd say hi on the Victory thread.

Here's the view from the rear.

And here with the lock 'n ride windscreen and lock 'n ride hardbags and saddleman bag.

Did I mention I'm itching to ride? Unfortunately, in Edmonton today it's -22C with the wind and it's been snowing. :)

Dubthesaxguy screwed with this post 03-04-2014 at 02:45 PM
Dubthesaxguy is offline   Reply With Quote