Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #1726
elementalg20
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Thanks for the tips on my shifting guys. Turned out to be nothing more than the heim joints needing cleaned/lubed and worked over a bit. My clutch cable was a bit tight to I remedied that. I'd just done an oil change so that was basically out. Simple small problem that I was able to get to the bottom of with some help. Actually the owner of the vic ship responded on vog to my question....can't beat that. Need to get out there soon.

I've not got many miles on my new to me vegas yet....but if someone has some suggestion on pegs or something I'm finding that they are a bit of a stretch and my inner thighs actually get a little sore....never imagined that'd be an issue as it feels nice for the first 30 miles. For what it's worth I've got about a 31" inseam.

Gone...1998 Triumph Trophy 1200 2000 KTM Adventure 640, 1994 BMW R1100RS, 2002 BMW K1200RS,1999 VFR800, 1996 VFR750, 1985 Maxim X, 198x 250LTD
elementalg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #1727
aaronrkelly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHaz01 View Post
I went to the Vic Shop Tuesday for cams, Lloydz air filter, a Power Commander V, and a dyno tune. I already had a timing wheel installed.

Raylan Vos and his employee are excellent techs. The best I've watched, in fact. Seeing them work as a team to install the cams was a thing to behold. Everything was checked along the way, including oil and air pressure.

Then Raylan spent an hour making dyno run after dyno run, programming the PCV after each run. The outcome: 116hp and 111tq with stock pipes. And the rev limiter is bumped to 6,000 rpm.

How does it run? Superbly! The downside is that 80 now feels like 60 used to feel. And I'm getting better mpg on top of it.
Those are dang good numbers. I have the same equipment on my 2013 XC except Im running WitchDoctor Muscle Mufflers and I ended up with 110hp and 112tq.

Rylan is definitely well versed in all thing Victory. Ive had him do 2 bikes for me and I bought a personal bike from him. I live about an hour ride away.

a quick run to the Black Hills
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post14248448
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #1728
quint7
I don't need a title

Oddometer: 458
I've heard nothing but good things about The Vic Shop. If you've never seen it, you should see the SC he made for a guy a few years ago that he called The Midnight Rambler. Probably the best looking Vic I've ever seen, factory or custom.
http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en...-bike-vic-shop
Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #1729
quint7
I don't need a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalg20 View Post
Thanks for the tips on my shifting guys. Turned out to be nothing more than the heim joints needing cleaned/lubed and worked over a bit. My clutch cable was a bit tight to I remedied that. I'd just done an oil change so that was basically out. Simple small problem that I was able to get to the bottom of with some help. Actually the owner of the vic ship responded on vog to my question....can't beat that. Need to get out there soon.

I've not got many miles on my new to me vegas yet....but if someone has some suggestion on pegs or something I'm finding that they are a bit of a stretch and my inner thighs actually get a little sore....never imagined that'd be an issue as it feels nice for the first 30 miles. For what it's worth I've got about a 31" inseam.
IIRC there are 3 options:
Switchblade pegs that have a part that flips out and back to make a heel rest.
I think Kuryakyn makes them.

A replacement bracket Vic sells to move the pegs back a bit, but it also moves them out a bit too. It's called a 'Driver relocation kit'. Item 'B' on page 64 in the link below.
http://cdn.polarisindustries.com/my1...-us/index.html

You could add Kingpin floorboards but I think you need the Pin shift and brake levers too. I've seen plenty of complete used floorboard/shifter setups for sale on Ebay.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #1730
aaronrkelly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quint7 View Post
I've heard nothing but good things about The Vic Shop. If you've never seen it, you should see the SC he made for a guy a few years ago that he called The Midnight Rambler. Probably the best looking Vic I've ever seen, factory or custom.
http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en...-bike-vic-shop
He does good work.....thats for sure. This is a 99 V92 he built for himself and then decided to sell.....its setting in my garage now.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #1731
quint7
I don't need a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronrkelly View Post
He does good work.....thats for sure. This is a 99 V92 he built for himself and then decided to sell.....its setting in my garage now.

That bike is mint.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #1732
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 855
Victory accessory catalog has a cruise control that lists 2009 kp as one of the bike it fits. This year was a 100c.i./6 speed platform and I was wondering if anyone knows if it would work on an earlier bike, e.g. 2007 Hammer with 100/6 drive train or if an ecu or ? changed for 2009 that enabled the cc to be installed.

Cheers
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #1733
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer: 201
Gasoline Odor

I smell gasoline at times while riding my XCT, mostly when riding at slow speeds in the city. I haven't found any leaks or evidence of leaks.

Does the XCT have a system that vents vapors? If it does, where is it located? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #1734
quint7
I don't need a title

Quote:
I smell gasoline at times while riding my XCT, mostly when riding at slow speeds in the city. I haven't found any leaks or evidence of leaks.

Does the XCT have a system that vents vapors? If it does, where is it located? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.
I had that issue a few times on my Cross Roads when it was hot out and have read about it on other sites. I'll copy/paste what they posted as the solutions for it:

"Stopped by my local dealership today and they just heard back from the guru at Mother Victory via email.
Victory is saying this is caused by a pressure imbalance which causes the fumes to vent out of the vent hole on the gas cap.
Kinda makes sense.
The fix is to take the seat off and find where the two vent tubes come together and separate them. Then run two separate lines down to where it currently vents near the swingarm. I'm hoping to use the existing line for one and add another to try this fix out.
I already tried running an extension hose from the vent line to the back of the bike but that didn't help. This very clearly caused by the gas sloshing around in a turn, a stop, or during acceleration and then somehow venting the fumes out through the cap.
I hope this works. I'll try it tomorrow and update this thread with my findings."

Same person also posted this:

"Basically though; you take the t-fitting out, use a 2"-3" length of hose to replace the t-fitting, add a length of hose long enough to go down behind the wiring harness and back to where the existing vent line ends.
I just used a hose I had laying around and don't know the size but you can use a cresent wrench to check the size on the vent line under the left side cover and then measure the width of the cresent wrench with a ruler or tape measure."

And he also said this:

"The way I understand it is the t-fitting for the two lines coming from the tank is too close to the gas cap so there's a small bit of back pressure. Most of the fumes go out the line as it's supposed to but a very small amount gets back pressured out the gas cap vent. As we know; it doesn't take much to smell gas fumes.
The fix works. I've put over 1500 miles on the bike since the fix and have had zero gas smell."

He had a couple of pics loaded too showing where the hose is, but I don't have any account I can host them on and AdvRider doesn't allow direct posting of pics anymore (unless that changed recently). If you are under warranty I'd take it in and ask them to fix the venting or you can do it yourself as it's just plain old rubber vent hoses involved.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #1735
TrojanThunder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I had the gas smell problem with my XR it was bad enough that my wife could smell it from the pillion seat at 100 Kmh the dealer found a slight nick in an injector O-ring but nothing else and the bike stank all the way home. Idid the two hose modification removing the T piece and running a second hose following the first. Took me 1/2 an hour including the 10 min return trip to buy hose. I can now brim the tank and there is absolutely no smell at any time even in blazing sun. My dealer was fascinated by the fix and not at all worried that I had done it myself.
TrojanThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #1736
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,175
Victory Demo truck at my local Bettendorf, IA dealer today and tomorrow. Taking a little personal time and going to test ride all that I can.

Brenny's is now an Indian dealer as well. Quad Cities Indian. Indian Demo truck is supposed to coming later in the year.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #1737
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,175
Rode the Vision and the Cross Country Tour. And yep, dropped the XCountry once I got back to the dealer. Walking it back into its slot and it just got away from me. Victory guys laughed it off as no big deal and used it to show off the tip over points.

Liked the Vision better than the Cross Country Tour. It just fit better and I liked the adjustable windshield.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #1738
Mattbastard
Lazy ass

Oddometer: 1,949
Cool. Glad you liked the rides. I personally love my Vision.
Mattbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #1739
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer: 201
Back home after a 5200 mile ride on my XCT to Key West and other parts of the south. A few observations:

Picking up cams, a PC-V, and dyno tune at the Vic Shop was well worth the cost. Nice, nice power!

The fuel mileage/tank range computer is a joke. It showed average mpg usually 8-10 higher than actual calculated mpg.

The Madstad windshield worked pretty well.

Engine heat is still an issue, even after the dyno tune. My right calf has 1st degree burns. Odd thing - fiddling with the UPPER wind control (the clear plastic one) seems to alter the amount of heat coming from the engine as much as the openings in the lowers.

Engine and transmission are bullet proof. Not one hiccup or misfire. No oil burned.

The XCT corners harder and better than a loaded two-up motorcycle should. It's almost uncanny how good it corners.

The cable actuated clutch is a pain in the butt. Wrist, actually. I worry about it breaking, and the pull is just too hard. I need to investigate fitting the Vision hydraulic clutch actuater to my XCT.

Good trip on a very good bike. The way every ride should be.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #1740
aaronrkelly
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Back home after a 5200 mile ride on my XCT to Key West and other parts of the south. A few observations:

Picking up cams, a PC-V, and dyno tune at the Vic Shop was well worth the cost. Nice, nice power!

The fuel mileage/tank range computer is a joke. It showed average mpg usually 8-10 higher than actual calculated mpg.

The Madstad windshield worked pretty well.

Engine heat is still an issue, even after the dyno tune. My right calf has 1st degree burns. Odd thing - fiddling with the UPPER wind control (the clear plastic one) seems to alter the amount of heat coming from the engine as much as the openings in the lowers.

Engine and transmission are bullet proof. Not one hiccup or misfire. No oil burned.

The XCT corners harder and better than a loaded two-up motorcycle should. It's almost uncanny how good it corners.

The cable actuated clutch is a pain in the butt. Wrist, actually. I worry about it breaking, and the pull is just too hard. I need to investigate fitting the Vision hydraulic clutch actuater to my XCT.

Good trip on a very good bike. The way every ride should be.
+1 on the cams, PCV and dyno (and Im guess you also did the Llloydz air filter).....I also opted for the quarter turn throttle. Really made it perform wonderful. Two up or heavy wind....doesnt effect the bike in the slightest.

+1 on the "trip computer".....even the gas gauge is a joke. Drops suddenly, fairly inaccurate. I came from a Vision and the fuel gauge on them were spot on....on the XC Im back to using my trip meter as the rule....and the gas gauge as a estimate.

I went with the Klockwerks flip on mine and Im super happy with it....never tried a Madstad.

The engine heat must be a Tour thing.....my regular XC doesnt warm the inside of my legs the slightest. The hard lowers must put the super hurt on air flow.....

Engine and transmission.....same power train as my Vision which I traded in with over 80K on the clock.....and ZERO issues.....nada. Oil changes and that was it.

I also think the XCs are very capable handling bikes.....Im not quite as comfortable yet on it as with my Vision....but that will come with more miles.

I dont think the cable clutch is noticeably stiffer than that of my Vision....maybe if I rode them back to back and really paid attention.