Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #1426
IBJanky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnus View Post
I bought a 2014 Cross Country 8Ball in December, almost a month ago. Since I live in Southern CA, I have ridden it every day.

Traded in my HD Electra Glide for it.

A friend of mine recommended this forum, I'm looking for tips on day trips and longer.
How do you like your XC so far?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #1427
Pagnus
Gentleman layabout

Oddometer: 2
It wouldn't be a stretch to say that I LUUURVE it.
Pagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #1428
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer: 219
Pagnus: Longer trips? Search this thread for a member named Rollin'.

And prepare to be awed.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #1429
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnus View Post
I bought a 2014 Cross Country 8Ball in December, almost a month ago. Since I live in Southern CA, I have ridden it every day.

Traded in my HD Electra Glide for it.

A friend of mine recommended this forum, I'm looking for tips on day trips and longer.
Does the 8 ball come with cruise control?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #1430
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,367
Based on the Victory website it doesn't come with CC nor is it an option. I was lookin to see if I could add it to the Boardwalk. Can't do that either.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #1431
Tech23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
I recently picked up a used (new to me) 2011 Cross Country. I've liked this pearl white, silver metallic color combination since I first saw it on display at a local bike night. After I complete some mods I'll get some better pictures up.

I took some pictures of the bike on display at bike night back in 2011 and I've wanted one since the first time I saw it. I was impressed with it's roomy layout and comfort. The bike has a very low center of gravity and feels deceptively light because of this.

2000 Harley Davidson FXDWG
2011 Victory Cross Country

Tech23 screwed with this post 01-19-2014 at 12:36 PM
Tech23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #1432
scotty918
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
I recently picked up a used (new to me) 2011 Cross Country. I've liked this pearl white, silver metallic color combination since I first saw it on display at a local bike night. After I complete some mods I'll get some better pictures up.

Tech23

That is a beautiful color on that bike. I'm curious, will the Cross Country Tour lowers bolt onto a cross country?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #1433
Tech23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty918 View Post
That is a beautiful color on that bike. I'm curious, will the Cross Country Tour lowers bolt onto a cross country?
Thank you. The Tour has tubular highway bars, the lowers wont fit on the forged bars like the ones on my bike. The Tours tubular bars and lowers are a bolt on conversion though...not cheap either. I'm thinking about these...

http://jtdcycleparts.com/Basic-Lower...IC-F-BASIC.htm

Tech23

2000 Harley Davidson FXDWG
2011 Victory Cross Country
Tech23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #1434
jmlmjmjm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post

I took some pictures of the bike on display at bike night back in 2011 and I've wanted one since the first time I saw it. I was impressed with it's roomy layout and comfort. The bike has a very low center of gravity and feels deceptively light because of this.
Very nice. Congrats on the purchase.

Largest gathering of Victory owners in the SW coming up soon:

https://www.facebook.com/events/444235472365555/?ref=22

Hope you can make it.
jmlmjmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #1435
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer: 23,580
Well, after 2 years and 16K on my Victory Vision Tour, I traded it in for a new Wing (I know…), but I thought I would pen up my thoughts on the bike and my experience with a new Victory.

I loved the bike, and in the 2 years I owned it I never had a single, not a single thing, wrong with it. After my previous experience with a new BMW GSA, on which almost everything failed, it was a welcome change!

The good.
The quality of construction. Well made, well assembled, and a feeling of quality especially with the motor and drivetrain.
Ease of riding. For such a big heavy boat its really easy to ride, and amazingly agile.
The motor. Lots of power, and its laid back 'potato potato' twin that will cruise at day at 90mph - real easy… (don't try this at home…).
Comfort. The seat and riding position were just about perfect for my 6 feet 230 pound frame. I did one 950 (s)mile day (unplanned), and a few long trips, with almost zero fatigue and no monkey butt - impressive!
The electric screen. I LOVED it, especially in the Texas heat. If it rained just push a button - raise the screen, and tuck in behind.
The ABS as standard. The brakes are very very good, for a cruiser.
The foot boards. Unique to Victory, those long foot boards are really comfortable, and enable you to move your legs around with ease.
The sound system. It works great, and cool that your iPhone can just fit in the left hand storage bin on the top of the tank.
Economy. For such a big bike, it regularly impressed with mpg in the mid 40's.
Passenger comfort. My sweetie loved it, and fell asleep a couple of times!

The not so good...
The engine heat. Probably not an issue unless you live down south, but on 100F days it got so hot it would/could burn your legs. That said, I didn't fit any heat diverters on it, so that may have improved things.
The 'clunky' gearbox. While it never missed a beat, down shifting to 2nd and first would result in a load *CLUNK* that would literally shake the bike. No failures to engage gears, but just the worrying sound of metal crunching.
The luggage space. On the Vision it is really bad. Those looooong side cases hold diddly squat, and it really was a pita to pack for a 2 up weekend. Yes, the rear box luggage rack would help, but Victory need to re-engineer the bags to make it a serious tourer.

So would I recommend one?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

The main reasons I changed, were the 'hot' engine and the lack of storage space, but then again after almost 40 years on 2 wheels, I tend to get itchy feet, so 2 years is about normal for me.

If you are even thinking about a Victory, then go ride one. They are GREAT motorcycles and beautifully made.

If I chose again I would go for the Cross Country Tour. Why? It's better looking, has much better luggage capacity, and is more suited for serious touring imo. That said it doesn't have the electric screen, but hey ho you cannot have everything!

MaddBrit screwed with this post 01-20-2014 at 10:56 AM
MaddBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #1436
GAVic
Largely unnoticed

Oddometer: 746
I agree with your assessment of the Vision. I got my mine back in October, so I haven't ridden in any really hot weather yet. I did add the lowers, so I am interested to see how it will effect things when it starts getting hot. My wife and I found no issues with packing on a weekend trip, but I probably will add the back rack at some point.

The wing does look like a comfortable bike hope you enjoy it.
GAVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #1437
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,865
We had a great weather day yesterday. I took the XCT out for an 80 mile ride after a thorough detailing. I had never pushed it beyond 90MPH, so I found an open stretch of road with no traffic and ran it up to 105 before I backed off. It felt great at that speed.
Dranrab Luap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #1438
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post
Does the 8 ball come with cruise control?
8 Balls are stripper, cheapy versions of the various models.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #1439
Old_Lion
Crotchety Biker

Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
8 Balls are stripper, cheapy versions of the various models.
Taking that into account what is The Judge ?

George

Plug and Plug.
Old_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #1440
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Lion View Post
Taking that into account what is The Judge ?

George
I think the Judge is their 'sporty' model, or their HD Dyna competitor.
It has somewhat normal sized rear tire, while I'd say the Hammer and Jackpot are power cruisers
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote