Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #46
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbie13
The other day my best friend was discussing buying a car.

He was going to get a manual transmission because he wanted to be cool. I was proud of him for choosing the "man pedal."

Then he got to thinking (yeah, you didn't see that coming, right?) and he told me, "actually, I think I'll stick with an automatic. Since I'm usually using my right hand to eat or use the phone or stuff like that, I'd to have a free hand for that."

Alright, just don't let your driving get in the way too much while eating and talking on your phone.
I think a headbutt would have been the right answer to that one
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #47
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

I should never have gotten that shitty blackberry...it can't handle any rain at all, and I like driving in the rain and after I've gotten all the secrets through Dakez and his new web site txtnride.org I've become really, really good at it, but only in nice weather. Gotta get me one of the new ones that ambulance drivers use, they can drive, smoke and give an IV while texting. Those things can even work after being soaked in blood, so that'll come in handy for me too, cause you all know how sticky that shit gets....
Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #48
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,598
The Boulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offblnz
I should never have gotten that shitty blackberry...it can't handle any rain at all, and I like driving in the rain and after I've gotten all the secrets through Dakez and his new web site txtnride.org I've become really, really good at it, but only in nice weather. .
This is the Bomb for Text Riding!!! TOUGH, WATERPROOF... And it even comes in KTM Orange if you have drank the Orange Kool-aid.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #49
Crisis management
Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ
And it even comes in KTM Orange if you have drank the Orange Kool-aid.
I dunno, it's more of a metallic, "anodised aluminuium" orange rather than the metalflake deeper orange of the Adv tank, it matches the rims on the enduro bike but I wouldn't use it much on that. I was thinking more of the lime colour as a contrast since the colour match isn't very good, I'm open to suggestions?

I never realised just how hard it was to set up an adventure bike properly, the number of modifications required to get the controls right and now co-ordination issues! I've had to cancel this weekends cafe ride to get enough time to sort this out, it is frustrating.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #50
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
This is the Bomb for Text Riding!!! TOUGH, WATERPROOF... And it even comes in KTM Orange if you have drank the Orange Kool-aid.

Thanks Dakez Me gotta have me one. It's only at Verizon?
The black/silver with blue display would go good with my k12s...hmmmm....I have seen a veeeery nice Super Duke at a dealer......

Just met a friend from Denmark in NYC last weekend and he had a Samsung, B21 or some such name that doesn't stick on my Teflon brain, another very cool non-crashable waterproof phone, but, but, but it's not a flip-over, so it can in reality fly right out of your hands at 70 Mph but it will handle being run over by the truck tailgating you, which also means that if that truck runs over you, your family and friends will still be able to enjoy the phone. I did ask at an AT&T store while down there, but they didn't have it.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #51
MathRocks
Life's Equations

Oddometer: 76
Eek

Now these people know how to text on a bike. WOW!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...22&ft=1&f=1125
Old 04-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #52
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathRocks

Those are mere scooters, they practically drive themselves...

I wanna see the guy who is texting and riding....singletrack...

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #53
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dyslexic Text Riders Untie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathRocks

Everyone knows that texting while driving isn't smart. Now consider this: texting while driving a motorcycle, in heavy traffic

…She doesn't much care that texting while driving is both illegal and not too smart. And she isn't alone.

And here I thought that the US was the only place where media bias reared its ugly head.

Text riders unite!!! If we do nothing, soon these draconian laws will be effecting our freedom to text while riding.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #54
tiger4me
Never to cold to ride!

Oddometer: 39
I have a Boulder phone. Like the flashlight feature!In Lucifer Orange!!!
I'm waiting for the laptop adapter for my Tiger!!!!!
tiger4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #55
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Shameless bump just to annoy/humor the anti-texters out there.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #56
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
Quote:
Shameless bump just to annoy/humor the anti-texters out there.
If you haven't tried the new iPad 3G it's the bomb! Big easy to see screen/buttons.

Gets a little funky when making tight turns and the screen rotates, but if you crash the proper orientation will follow you to the ground.

Works as a GPS too!

Make calls, just get the Skype App.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #57
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offblnz
I should never have gotten that shitty blackberry...it can't handle any rain at all, and I like driving in the rain and after I've gotten all the secrets through Dakez and his new web site txtnride.org I've become really, really good at it, but only in nice weather. Gotta get me one of the new ones that ambulance drivers use, they can drive, smoke and give an IV while texting. Those things can even work after being soaked in blood, so that'll come in handy for me too, cause you all know how sticky that shit gets....
Is it a touch screen BB or one with actual keys? If it has actual keys, just put it in a rubber.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #58
AntsMcMurdosch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I don't really see the point in text riding.

But on long journeys I find that it is essential to keep up with Facebook, etc while I ride. Any other FB/Twitter-riders out there?
AntsMcMurdosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #59
Schnickelfritz
pick, grin, repeat

Oddometer: 1,950
Heads up

Heads up display, that is. I have set up my Nolan helmet's sunshield visor attachment (exterior mount) with a plasma-TV-type display that allows me to have several separate screens going at once on the inside of the sunshield. This way, I can keep up with Facebook on the left screen while seeing my texting window on the right. If I need to pay attention to, say, the road or other vehicles or something, I can just flip on the middle screen which is linked to my fore/aft bike-mounted video cameras. I have kludged a simple tank mount system which places the Crackberry keyboard between the iPad and Garmin mounts, and below the Kindle, with a simple velcro attachment, so I can put it down quickly in case I have to operate the controls or steer. The main thing is that I don't have to take my eyes off the screen very often, so I can concentrate on what really matters. The worst thing is that it takes me about 45 minutes to gas up. Why hasn't someone made a 4-device corona-type mount for the 'Busa? And put a cup holder on there while you're at it! Then it would be even better than my steering wheel desk, which I use daily during my commute in my Ford F-650 Dominator.

I usually prefer the sun visor to be mounted inside the main shield, but the thickness of the modified visor with the HUD parts installed prevents it from sliding up into the helmet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time until technology advances from our current stone-age to a satisfactory design.

I'm a much better inattentive rider/driver than everybody else out there. (I also happen to be better-looking, a better singer, and I'm always on time, but I digress.) And whether I'm on the bike or in my six-ton grocery getter, you can bet that whatever I'm calling about--2% or skim, nacho cheese or ranch, updating my dearest every 5 minutes on my progress during my daily commute, or just enjoying my new toy--it's way more important than your safety or that of any of my other fellow road users. That's why it's OK for me to do this. I've never had an accident that was 100% my fault, in my view. I almost always slam on my brakes just in time.

Yer pal,

'Fritz
Schnickelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #60
Oilybimmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
I dropped and broke my phone today while text riding, you bastidges never told me it was going to be dangerous
Stewart