Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #151
Stovebolt OP
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 459
Product Update - materials and schedule...

At this posting I have mailed all cradles due outbound, and there are still a few orders coming in for all but the last of my CONCEALEX cradles. There are still a few of these left, but when they are gone, I'll be using KYDEX in Black and the new (for KYDEX material) "carbon fiber" coloring. The carbon fiber look that KYDEX has is a little different from the CONCEALEX - it is a little lighter looking. (Further away from the actual appearance of carbon fiber.)

But, I haven't sourced more CONCEALEX and the KYDEX material is every bit as good in terms of function and performance, and I'm not going to quit making cradles or stop looking for more CONCEALEX. I'm just posting a heads up that this is the way I'm headed for the foreseeable future and I don't anticipate any production, sales or performance problems because of switching to a more KYDEX based cradle line again. I'll continue to offer all Black as well.

Schedule: in a few weeks at the end of this month, I may well be out of the current crop of cradles; I have only enough CONCEALEX material left, and time left to use it up, before they are gone and I leave town for the first half of June. I'll post up here on my way out the door, but when I'm gone I'll be GONE and not logging onto the internet, answering PM's or any e-mails for two weeks. I'm planning on being back up online June 18th after I get back from my 25th wedding anniversary at a beach somewhere. (Jwats you don't need to post WHERE!)

Anyway, if you want a CONCEALEX (I have one Black KYDEX for a Garmin 60-series on hand too) get one now or forever hold your peace. Why post this now? It's May 8 today. You want a cradle, I need a check... I'm done June 1st - if I don't have a cradle out the door to you by then, it'll be at least two weeks after that, IF I have any left on hand when I get back.

I want this info to HELP somebody, not put anybody off. I hope it does...

Thanks for all everybody! My customers all continue to amuse, encourage and inspire me. Coolio for Julio......

* CONCEALEX carbon fiber look-alike almost gone
* KYDEX carbon fiber look-alike coming soon
* KYDEX black will remain available
* Stovey gone and not taking or mailing orders from June 1-18.

Sincerely,

Stovey
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04

Stovebolt screwed with this post 05-19-2011 at 11:55 AM
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #152
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited

Oddometer: 2,022
Another satisfied customer. I can't wait to give it a try.

Timely curteous service with a smile.

Stovey rocks.

Big Thanks and
Old 05-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #153
Whammo
Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer: 2,169
Very snazzy and innovative!

Love it, can't wait to try it out.

Thanks Dave

Whammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #154
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
dude I just stumbled onto this thread and I got to say WOW! FREAKIN' WOW! very cool work. Got any ideas for an iPhone 3GS?
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #155
Stovebolt OP
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Future development

Bob,

Hey man, thanks for the shout out and the encouragement! Much appreciated. As for the iPhones - currently "No." I apologize... I have yet to get the G62 out there and by way of example, it's just taking time for me to get my hands back into working order and catch up from months of down time, etc. I've had other requests for iPhones and that looks like a good direction to go in. If I can get production ramping back up to levels I've had, and make improvements along the way, I may have the time needed to develop the new applications like G62's and iPhones.

I invested in making both Gen1 and Gen2 SPOTs and they work great! But until I decide it's either worth the risk or find a good way to mitigate it, I don't want to sell them for fear of the liability with SPOT users vs. SPOT satellites and SPOT equipment, firmware or software. My plastics aren't a problem, but I don't feel like getting sued because somebody loses a signal.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant, but I hope to develop other cradles. I'll post up as I get them out, and thanks a million for the support and kind words.

Sincerely,

Stovey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi View Post
dude I just stumbled onto this thread and I got to say WOW! FREAKIN' WOW! very cool work. Got any ideas for an iPhone 3GS?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #156
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,299
That's a shame about the SPOT2 liability issue. I sure would have loved one for mine. I sure understand in this sue happy society we live in.

Get well soon Stovey.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #157
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
Hello Peter,

Thank you my friend.... much appreciated. Things are progressing well enough for this sort of thing and I've been off the pain meds; just still wearing baggy sweatpants 'cause I cant work the zipper or snap on a pair of jeans yet. So, I'm the fashion trend setter of the new millenium...

(Sorry for that visual..... my bad.)

Summer is approaching, and it looks like the Montana 1000 is being reincarnated! I know you have plans for WETFest, but are you also thinking about WEST Fest again, and a return to the hinterlands of wild Montana? My future there this year is uncertain, but I am letting that candle burn and we'll see if I can't fan the flames into a brushfire.... at least I won't have to get de-noobed again, unless they change the rules! haha

Still have a few cradles left....but the handwriting on my order forms is not so hot.

Thanks for all MasterChief!

Stovey
Stovey

I sent out an email. I'm not going to make Mt this year. I do plan on riding the WABCDR from northern Wa to Or and end up at Wetfest. Hope you can join me.

My Garmin cradle is still surviving. I run it on the Husky and my XT225. The Xt likes to find trees and rocks, thankfully mostly at slow speed
Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #158
Bicycle Phil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Just another completely satisfied Concealex Cradle owner here.

I've had my cradle for about 5000 miles of off-road riding and rally racing.
There's been a few tumbles and crashes and the cradle still functions like brand new. Definitely has a few swipes of road rash that gives it even more character.

The two side clamps show no signs of loosening due to wear and tear or anything else.

Mr Stovebolt,
Thanks for making such a cool product!!

Phil

Thank you: MX1West, Renazco Racing, KTM Twins, Rally Management Services
Bicycle Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #159
Stovebolt OP
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Why do I do this?

It's great to supplement my income in these trying times - for sure. But...

...to be scrutinized by members of this community, and I'm a scrutinizing member here first, "Stovey the cradle boy" second - is a challenge and I've heard the siren song to make a better mousetrap. You take risks, not the least of which is holding your idea, product and character up to be weighed and measured. I've heard great advice and criticisms from lots of inmates along the way over the past couple of years, and I've listened.

What makes me feel good about all the time and effort though, is making somebody just like me, a demanding user, happy about the gizmo. I'll never be rich, in fact you can read about my "retirement plan" here:

http://ridedualsport.com/forum/index.php?topic=2118

But I sure like trying to make and improve a thing that people find value in.

And I find real value in the friendships and associations I've made here and out on the trail. There's a list of people I just need to get out and ride with, and a short list with people on it like MasterChief, Cal, Stinky, Mikerow, who I have ridden with, that makes me the lucky man. Trust me, I've had a chance to hook up with some damned fine riders and first class people along the way.

With luck, I'll meet up with Tom (Dad2bike) this Fall. With more luck, I'll get to meet people like BicyclePhil, Reed, Leith, Edgear, teamftb, joenuclear, DRZCharlie, Pigpen, N8, Spooky510, Desertdweller, thunderpig, Hardroad, Frostbit, Bobzilla, Ironman, rides2little, Gypsyrider, OCDualie, Jelkie - Hellrider and the Aussies, KosmicKLR, DoctorDr, Reed and Coolhand..... the list goes on. And On.

My thanks and appreciation to all you guys, and finally GALS! (What took you so long, ladies?) Without you and your advice and criticisms and encouragement, this thing would be nothing more than some pitiful backyard blob of plastic with no place to glue it....

Thanks for all, and salute!

Sincerely,

Stovey
Old 05-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #160
lentil
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
It's great to supplement my income in these trying times - for sure. But...

...to be scrutinized by members of this community, and I'm a scrutinizing member here first, "Stovey the cradle boy" second - is a challenge and I've heard the siren song to make a better mousetrap. You take risks, not the least of which is holding your idea, product and character up to be weighed and measured. I've heard great advice and criticisms from lots of inmates along the way over the past couple of years, and I've listened.

What makes me feel good about all the time and effort though, is making somebody just like me, a demanding user, happy about the gizmo. I'll never be rich, in fact you can read about my "retirement plan" here:

http://ridedualsport.com/forum/index.php?topic=2118

But I sure like trying to make and improve a thing that people find value in.

And I find real value in the friendships and associations I've made here and out on the trail. There's a list of people I just need to get out and ride with, and a short list with people on it like MasterChief, Cal, Stinky, Mikerow, who I have ridden with, that makes me the lucky man. Trust me, I've had a chance to hook up with some damned fine riders and first class people along the way.

With luck, I'll meet up with Tom (Dad2bike) this Fall. With more luck, I'll get to meet people like BicyclePhil, Reed, Leith, Edgear, teamftb, joenuclear, DRZCharlie, Pigpen, N8, Spooky510, Desertdweller, thunderpig, Hardroad, Frostbit, Bobzilla, Ironman, rides2little, Gypsyrider, OCDualie, Jelkie - Hellrider and the Aussies, KosmicKLR, DoctorDr, Reed and Coolhand..... the list goes on. And On.

My thanks and appreciation to all you guys, and finally GALS! (What took you so long, ladies?) Without you and your advice and criticisms and encouragement, this thing would be nothing more than some pitiful backyard blob of plastic with no place to glue it....

Thanks for all, and salute!

Sincerely,

Stovey
Include OZ in your boat trip my good man plenty of room @ the inn and I am sure we willl find something exciting to ride

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #161
Stovebolt OP
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oz, for sure!

Leith,

You bet I will.... and hoping to meet you Aussies that make it over here to ride as well. Shoot me a line any time fella's!

Thanks Leith!

Stovey

"Include OZ in your boat trip my good man plenty of room @ the inn and I am sure we willl find something exciting to ride
"
Old 05-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #162
butterflymethane
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Got the cradle

Hi Dave,

Got the cradle today! It took 12 days to go from you to my Canadian doorstep. Not too bad, considering I didn't have to pay duty on it ;) and it was mailed during our Civic Holiday.

Assembly was quick and easy and the whole product looks and feels brilliant. I'll definitely be taking it through its test when I go on the TransLabrador Highway this summer. Let's see how many drops, rocks, hits and humps this cradle will take!

It was fantastic doing business with you. Your customer service is top notch. Your genuine helpfulness, hospitality and concern for your customer (me) has been much appreciated!
butterflymethane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #163
Stovebolt OP
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Thanks

Thanks Darlene!

You write an eloquent correspondence... much appreciated! It was my pleasure setting you up, and do keep in touch. Looking forward to an RR of your Trans-Lab ride too - so post up!

I've got 2 Kydex and 2 Concealex cradles left for the Garmin 60-series on hand, and a couple started but not completed for the 78-series in Concealex that I'll finish when I get back in mid-June.

All cradle orders shipped... I'm gone until June 18th and unable to take orders or reply to PM's until then.

Thanks Butterflymethane and to all my Canadian customers!

Sincerely,

Stovey

Stovebolt screwed with this post 06-03-2011 at 07:26 PM
Old 06-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #164
Glierly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Check is in the post

Stovey,

Thank you for the very quick response to my PM this morning. Look forward to getting the cradle for the 60 series on the bike and on the road.

Cheers

Gary
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #165
Stovebolt OP
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Glad to help!

You're welcome Gary, it's my pleasure. You're cradle goes out tomorrow morning and I'll send you a PM with the tracking number.

Rally On......

Stovey