User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #91
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer: 2,021
hey all..

I just bought a set of these and am waiting on delivery... however, being in Australia and the unit coming from the US, I need to sort the charger out before it gets here..

can someone please take a pic of the charger specs for me.. i.e. voltage input, current etc etc..

that would be awesome

thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #92
warnabrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by owrstrich
photos in the 1st post... here is the 1 of the charger... standard 110 volt 2 prong usa deal...

j o
I need to be able to read the specs on the power supply so I can find the equivalent 240V charger here.. but the charger may be a switchmode meaning it will take 110-240V input.. then I'd just need an adapter to take it from your plug pin to ours

thnks
Old 08-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #93
owrstrich OP
F O T G

Oddometer: 186
i called blueant usa... they said the charger was a dual 110v or 220v... has a usa 2 prong plug end... requires a euro adapter for 220v...

mine says... in very small print...

input: 100 / 240v 50 / 60hz 0.15a

output: 5.0v = 0.7a

j o
owrstrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #94
warnabrother

Quote:
i called blueant usa... they said the charger was a dual 110v or 220v... has a usa 2 prong plug end... requires a euro adapter for 220v...

mine says... in very small print...

input: 100 / 240v 50 / 60hz 0.15a

output: 5.0v = 0.7a

j o
- thanks mate.. you're a champ
Old 08-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #95
Fuses
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Australia adaptor & F4 with CAMOS BTA 2 way adaptor??

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother
- thanks mate.. you're a champ
Hey Guys, I have been using the F4 in Australia for the last three months. I ordered the dual kit from the USA and therefore received the 110-240VAC adapter with the straight pins. I just tweeked the pins to the Australian angle and works no problems, Im electricaly minded, do at your own risk but I have had no problems.

I havnt read through all this F4 forum but I am aware of the Iphone control problem. From my minor research effort, it appears that the ipone 4.1 beta testing release has full control but it is only released to developers for testing. We are up only 4.02 actual release. Hopefully they release 4.1 soon other wise I will consider buying the Wirevo adapter as a work around.

Is anyone using the IMC CAMOS BTA adaptor with Iphone and CAMOS sync at the same time. Does the Camos two way radio function work ok??
Fuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #96
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

Oddometer: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuses
Hey Guys, I have been using the F4 in Australia for the last three months. I ordered the dual kit from the USA and therefore received the 110-240VAC adapter with the straight pins. I just tweeked the pins to the Australian angle and works no problems, Im electricaly minded, do at your own risk but I have had no problems.

I havnt read through all this F4 forum but I am aware of the Iphone control problem. From my minor research effort, it appears that the ipone 4.1 beta testing release has full control but it is only released to developers for testing. We are up only 4.02 actual release. Hopefully they release 4.1 soon other wise I will consider buying the Wirevo adapter as a work around.

Is anyone using the IMC CAMOS BTA adaptor with Iphone and CAMOS sync at the same time. Does the Camos two way radio function work ok??
You're correct. iOS 4.1 beta (we're up to beta 3 now) does in fact include the necessary AVRCP capabilities for full control of BT headsets like the F4. I've been running beta 3 on my iPhone 4 for two weeks now and it works like a champ. Just press and hold the '+' or '-' button for 2 sec and it skips tracks.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
bmwhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #97
Megathumper
+

Oddometer: 837
iphone & Zumo questions with 4.1

I understand that iPhone 4.1 has now been released. Can somebody please explain how could I use the iPhone control features together with a ZUMO that is paired to the iPhone as well?

Can you have the iPhone/iPod paired with the Interphone headset (and get stereo music) and the iphone/phone part paired via the Zumo to have the iphone/phone interface via the Zumo?

Megathumper screwed with this post 09-13-2010 at 05:14 PM
Megathumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #98
kenscott
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Bump for iphone 4.1

I am thinking about getting a set and I spoke to Ant support today after waiting 15 minutes on hold. I asked them if 4.1 fixed the issues with the music being stopped after a call. He told me to ask apple. Not kidding...Amazing.

Have anyone tried the new OS with an iphone? Are the issues fixed?

Thanks!
kenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #99
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscott
I am thinking about getting a set and I spoke to Ant support today after waiting 15 minutes on hold. I asked them if 4.1 fixed the issues with the music being stopped after a call. He told me to ask apple. Not kidding...Amazing.

Have anyone tried the new OS with an iphone? Are the issues fixed?

Thanks!
Mines working fine with 4.1

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
Old 10-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #100
wabbit45
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Trying to decide between F4, G4, and Sena myself...

WebBikeWorlld's fav is the Sena. It's the loudest and best fidelity. Has flawless connectivity, can handle two phones (business or home) and can be paired with 3 other Sena models. I believe it has 8 bluetooth connections available.

The G4 has an FM radio that's iffy in all reviews. No biggie, I can stream FM from my phone. The G4 is on VOX by default, whereas the others are in intercom by default, meaning you have to initiate VOX... that saves power as you are in stand-by mode.

I have a Samsung Instinct s30. I can get calls, GPS, or music from it, so I don't need a Zumo or other pairings that make life more dificult for the interphone softwares. The Instinct supports AVRCP and stereo protocols. It's a known fact that iTouch (I have the first gen 8gig model) will only transmit in mono.

What I don't like about the F4 - known frailty of the connector to the main unit. Also, I am not a fan of the boom mike and left speaker being connected wire-wise. That restricts the placement of the speaker and/or mic.

The Scala G4 has conference chatting which none of the others have, but also has the smallest speakers of the three mentioned. Not a fan of that. I want LOUD and clear not loud and tin sound. Also, for those of you praising the USB upgradability - It ain't gonna be good for much other than bug fixes.

Once these manufacturers figure out that most of us want to use or own ear buds, and also want a REMOVABLE REPLACEABLE BATTERY, they'll come out with that model, and not a hardware and software upgrade for older units... tough luck... dish out another $400-450 a pair for THOSE features. That's called smart business. You want? We got. You pay for it!

The Sena is probably the way I would go. Paired sets for $349 or I found singles on Ebay for $$169. Ease of use. Tap or jog the dial. How freakin' hard's that to remember?! Range is supposed to be better than advertised, but if I buy a pair it'll be for passenger, so screw range.

Just to break me into the wireless helmet age, I bought on Ebay a single BT Interphone. I should get it in a couple weeks, maybe sooner. WebBikeWorld gives it a good review and it's CHEAP... because you have to order it from friggin' CHINA. But hey, for $40 I can wait to try it out, find it's flaws, find what I like, and who knows, it might be a keeper! You can get pairs for under $100! If it pans out, wtf would I want to spend $350?!

I don't really expect to love it. That would be a bonus. But it'll let me know what to expect of better units, if they really are better. Check out the WBW review of them. Look up Intercoms and you'll see the BT Interphone review. It's aka AKE Interphone.

Stan
wabbit45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #101
Megathumper
+

Oddometer: 837
BUMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megathumper
I understand that iPhone 4.1 has now been released. Can somebody please explain how could I use the iPhone control features together with a ZUMO that is paired to the iPhone as well?

Can you have the iPhone/iPod paired with the Interphone headset (and get stereo music) and the iphone/phone part paired via the Zumo to have the iphone/phone interface via the Zumo?
Megathumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #102
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megathumper

Possibly. There's two possibilities here. Are you talking about the Zumo 550? My understanding is that it doesn't support A2DP anyways, so if you pair the Zumo and the iPhone first, they should pair over the BT headset profile leaving the A2DP profile available. While the iPhone and Zumo are synced, then try to sync the iPhone and F4. It should only sync on the A2DP profile? However, I'm not sure if they ever connect first before the Zumo if the F4 will grab both profiles since it supports both?

What you really need is a way to dictate which BT profile connects when you pair the the iPhone to the F4 and again when you pair it with the Zumo. My understanding is there is an app out there that will do this. It might be only for jailbroken iPhones, but supposedly you can specify which BT profile connects to which device. This would be the best way to force the iPhone to connect via A2DP to the F4 and by BT headset only to the Zumo.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #103
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

Quote:
had a failure yesterday...

while out riding yesterday i lost the sound to my right ear... and my left ear sound went form really good to really tinny...

i thought it was the right ear jack connector or the right ear wire... but a process of elimination has led me to the usb plug and wire that plugs into the interphone... i could wiggle the wire and it would go from left ear tinny and no right ear sound to right ear tinny with no left ear sound... then nothing... now i have no sound to either speaker... i swapped out interphones from helmet to helmet and both are working... its gotta be the usb plug and wire...

we shall see how interphone handles this...

more later...

j o

update... called the blueants service line... worked my way up form the 1st contact to the boss man... the 1st contact was reading the script... had to have warranty rma + the old unit back + and the whole shebang... the boss man simply fedexed a new boom mic kit to our next hotel no questions asked...

it was there upon arrival... swapped it out... all is well... they didnt want the old parts back... went on faith... yeeeeeehaaaaaa...

1 unit is still is going dead after 13 hours of continuous intercom activation... gonna start deactivating the intercom at lunch is guess...

j o
Mine just developed the exact same problem. Hope Blueant will cover it. I've been using the headset for my daily commute since March. Love it otherwise.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #104
Dustball
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I've had the same issue twice with my F4. The first failure I lost the boom mic side speaker, and giving the relatively new system, I attributed to me possibly ham-fisting the connector. I ordered a replacement boom mic kit on my own nickel and to my dismay the opposite speaker didn't work in the replacement. I then contacted BlueAnt customer support and they said they would replace the original failure piece and either credit my card or provide a back-up boom/mic unit. I chose the latter, but they didn't drop ship anything for me, and instead requested I send the my failed failed speaker/mic assemblies back to them at my expense.

While I really do like the functionality of the BlueAnt F4, I am less than impressed with the survivability of this design over the long haul. I'm also not overly enamored with the customer support at this point either...

-Dusty
Dustball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #105
E900Vadar
The Dark Fant

Oddometer: 248
Check out Autocoms new site

http://www.autocomdirect.com/
E900Vadar is offline   Reply With Quote