Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #781
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahnarzt View Post
Hey All,
I'm doing some electrical mods to my TT600 and am in need of a stator.
It can be all burned up and nasty as I am going to rewire all of it. I just need the skelton.
Anyone have a spare they would like to get rid of...?
The flywheel is different between the 550 and 600 also.
The 600 has a slightly lighter flywheel.

I used the 550 electrics and flywheel on my TT600 engine when I stock it in the 550 frame.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #782
Tenstrike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
No juice!

I got the new gasket yesterday and just put it in the carb and got everything back together. This bike is unbelievable, I put gas in it, kicked it slow three times turned on the ignition and gave her a kick and it fired up. Heres the problem, I took it down the road and it still doesn't have acceleration on high end, in fact in top gear I can't get it over fifty, it idles and starts great but no juice. Any ideas.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #783
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Check for free flowing gas from the petcock.
Could be your not getting enough fuel volume.

I started the XT550/TT600 yesterday, man is it noisy from what I remembered.
I got to pull the carb on it and clean the pilot jet.
I hate pulling that carb.

Then once its running right again, I'll goto work addressing the other issues, like oil leaks.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #784
Dirtybrit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenstrike View Post
I got the new gasket yesterday and just put it in the carb and got everything back together. This bike is unbelievable, I put gas in it, kicked it slow three times turned on the ignition and gave her a kick and it fired up. Heres the problem, I took it down the road and it still doesn't have acceleration on high end, in fact in top gear I can't get it over fifty, it idles and starts great but no juice. Any ideas.
Whats your air filter like? is it clean, try running it without.
Dirtybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:17 AM   #785
Tenstrike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Thanks for the replies guys, this bike sat for a long time, there was a mouse nest in the air box, I haven't changed the filter so it could be dirty enough. I'll give it a try after the snow were suppose to get today gets off the road. Man I'm ready for 70 degrees!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #786
Futura
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Bored at work and wanted an excuse to post a pic taking my XT550 on a boat ride off the coast of British Columbia.

You can see a couple of my mods:
-muffler
-and I had a 'XT yamaha' and '550' graphic made up to stick on the tank and side. The tank is a plastic breathable so it eventually dropped off after a year or so. I had ten printed up so if I want I could stick it back on.
Attached Images

Futura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #787
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura View Post
Bored at work and wanted an excuse to post a pic taking my XT550 on a boat ride off the coast of British Columbia.

You can see a couple of my mods:
-muffler
-and I had a 'XT yamaha' and '550' graphic made up to stick on the tank and side. The tank is a plastic breathable so it eventually dropped off after a year or so. I had ten printed up so if I want I could stick it back on.
Is that a DRZ400 muffler on your bike? ED
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #788
Futura
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED XT FAN View Post
Is that a DRZ400 muffler on your bike? ED
Yup, sure is, I think I read on this site about using a DRZ400 muffler.

10 minutes with a cutting wheel to trim off an inch or so, a little bend to clear the swing arm and it bolted right on.

Here's my other mod, a custom fabricated aluminum skid plate. Sure beats the stock pretend skid plate.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #789
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura View Post
Yup, sure is, I think I read on this site about using a DRZ400 muffler.

10 minutes with a cutting wheel to trim off an inch or so, a little bend to clear the swing arm and it bolted right on.

Here's my other mod, a custom fabricated aluminum skid plate. Sure beats the stock pretend skid plate.
Good skid plate. Are you running a stock XT rear shock? ED
Old 04-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #790
Futura
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED XT FAN View Post
Good skid plate. Are you running a stock XT rear shock? ED
I put in a Works Performance shock in the rear. Nothing to the front though. Always thought I would swap out the front to put in disc brakes but have not gotten around to it yet.

http://www.worksperformance.com/html/about.html
Old 04-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #791
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

I got the XTique running about 85% today.
Here is my oldest son, age 16, he wasn't tall enough to ride my bikes till the last few months.

Its my hybrid, Titled as XT550, powered by a TT600, fronts 41mm Showa off XR350, and YZ465 Shock.
I was surprised how smooth his landings was from such a mix match of parts.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #792
Dirtybrit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecatfish View Post
I got the XTique running about 85% today.
Here is my oldest son, age 16, he wasn't tall enough to ride my bikes till the last few months.

Its my hybrid, Titled as XT550, powered by a TT600, fronts 41mm Showa off XR350, and YZ465 Shock.
I was surprised how smooth his landings was from such a mix match of parts.
Sweet
Dirtybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #793
WetCoastRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Good News First

Got the XT out into the mountains this weekend, finally a great warm day (15 deg C) in BC for a little ride up the Sea to Sky Hwy (Vancouver - Whistler).

Here is a pic of my friends 71 CB450 twin - quite a nice companion.

I ran like a champ, performance wise, but back to my woes ..... my knocking persists .

I'm still trouble shooting this knocking noise I am having. Took it to a friend mechanic he thought it was possible can chain issues, so we opened er up.

So, I replaced a badly worn cam chain guide (the rear one) and replaced my cam chain while i was in there.

Although it wasn't necessary I did pull the head and jug to inspect and found that everything looked quite good in there, PO must have redone the cylinder at one point as it looked almost brand new. Fished around in the crankcase to see if any metal shavings showed up and it was totally spotless, main crank bearings seemed snug and everything else, to my limited knowledge, seemed good.

Any how, got it all back together this last week and low and behold my knock is still there!!

Although it sounds a bit different and acts a bit different at various rpms i am pretty sure this is the same noise I was hearing before.

A sort of random knock that occurs only at around 1250 - 1750 rpm.

I swear it is coming from the right hand side crankcase and I suspect that Rat_Juggler 's earlier diagnosis of it possibly being the balancer shaft could be correct.

I have already taken the clutch apart and inspected all parts in the right hand side but I guess I don't really know what I am looking for, some of these gears a quite loose and although I know that the kickstarter and other are supposed to float around a bit I wasn't sure about the balancer.

Can you guys who have more experience with this motor have a look at this video and tell me what you think of the play in the balancer.

Again, advice is much appreciated. - If you believe it is one of these gears, what is needed to fix it? Tightening? new bearings? new balancer?

Anyway I will post another video of the sound it is making later today.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #794
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetCoastRider View Post
Got the XT out into the mountains this weekend, finally a great warm day (15 deg C) in BC for a little ride up the Sea to Sky Hwy (Vancouver - Whistler).

Here is a pic of my friends 71 CB450 twin - quite a nice companion.

I ran like a champ, performance wise, but back to my woes ..... my knocking persists .

I'm still trouble shooting this knocking noise I am having. Took it to a friend mechanic he thought it was possible can chain issues, so we opened er up.

So, I replaced a badly worn cam chain guide (the rear one) and replaced my cam chain while i was in there.

Although it wasn't necessary I did pull the head and jug to inspect and found that everything looked quite good in there, PO must have redone the cylinder at one point as it looked almost brand new. Fished around in the crankcase to see if any metal shavings showed up and it was totally spotless, main crank bearings seemed snug and everything else, to my limited knowledge, seemed good.

Any how, got it all back together this last week and low and behold my knock is still there!!

Although it sounds a bit different and acts a bit different at various rpms i am pretty sure this is the same noise I was hearing before.

A sort of random knock that occurs only at around 1250 - 1750 rpm.

I swear it is coming from the right hand side crankcase and I suspect that Rat_Juggler 's earlier diagnosis of it possibly being the balancer shaft could be correct.

I have already taken the clutch apart and inspected all parts in the right hand side but I guess I don't really know what I am looking for, some of these gears a quite loose and although I know that the kickstarter and other are supposed to float around a bit I wasn't sure about the balancer.

Can you guys who have more experience with this motor have a look at this video and tell me what you think of the play in the balancer.

Again, advice is much appreciated. - If you believe it is one of these gears, what is needed to fix it? Tightening? new bearings? new balancer?

Anyway I will post another video of the sound it is making later today.

Thanks for the advice in a

How about with the motor running? ED
Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #795
Rat Juggler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
The amount of play in the balancer shaft is normal. The bearings it runs on allow for that sort of float. Nothing in the vid seemed out of the ordinary, looked pretty good infact. As long as the nuts are all tight and theres' no movement on any of the cogs then I didn't see anything that I'd be concerned about.

Is the knocking when the engine is pulling or just being revved up? If its doing it when its unloaded it might just be the wear and tear slack butting through, just like an unbalanced tyre hitting the steering at a certain speed. Just a thought.
Rat Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote