ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #5611
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
Does anyone around here (NoVA - the closer to Manassas/Gainesville the better) have a GS911 and want to sell me just one VIN slot on it?

Meaning, I would like to pay someone some reasonable amount to be able to come by every now and then (at a time convenient for them) and use their GS911 to reset the service indicator on my GS. And, possibly, if I ever have a fault code that needs reading, I could come by for that purpose, too.

I figure they cost $350 and allow 10 VINs, which is $35 per VIN. But, I'd even pay a bit more than that, just to cover the hassle factor.

My service indicator is on. I've done the service myself, and I just can't see paying Morton's $45 to turn it off for me every time it comes on.
Join bmwbmw.org. The club has one with unlimited keys. Twenty bucks a year for membership I think.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #5612
StuartV
Motorcyclist
 
StuartV's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Bristow, VA
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
Join bmwbmw.org. The club has one with unlimited keys. Twenty bucks a year for membership I think.
Thanks! I have already signed up on BMWBMW, but not the paid membership. I haven't spent much time there, yet, though, and didn't know about their GS911. I'll have a look. If the Keeper of the Key lives too far away, I might still rather find someone close and just pay 'em once for a "share" in theirs.
__________________
- Stu
'09 R12GS, '05 GSX-R1000
Iron Butt # 4999, WERA/CCS EX # 666 (currently, expired), AMA Life Member
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #5613
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
Thanks! I have already signed up on BMWBMW, but not the paid membership. I haven't spent much time there, yet, though, and didn't know about their GS911. I'll have a look. If the Keeper of the Key lives too far away, I might still rather find someone close and just pay 'em once for a "share" in theirs.
Stuart, I no longer have a bmw (and haven't for quite a spell) so I'm not sure who the mythical holder is. If memory serves me, it was typically the tech chair.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...

gastone screwed with this post 07-17-2014 at 07:38 AM
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #5614
rgc1248
Adventurer
 
rgc1248's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 58
Please come support a local cause
rgc1248 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #5615
SxyRdr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Bealeton, VA
Oddometer: 321
I've put my baby up for sale... If anyone knows of someone who's looking for a CBR1000RR, point them my way, please!

I'm supposed to be picking up a 2014 Blazing Orange FZ-09 on Sat.

__________________
Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer
SxyRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #5616
fragile_this_side_up
Beastly Adventurer
 
fragile_this_side_up's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Strasburg, VA
Oddometer: 1,029
My company is still looking for part time workers. Day/night. Decent pay. Production work. We are struggling in our busy season. If you know someone, let me know. Based in Manassas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
weekend day-tripper '03 SV650Naked SOLD! http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7630515234266/
daily commuter. '12 DL650ADV http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7633330697107/
fragile_this_side_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #5617
SxyRdr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Bealeton, VA
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile_this_side_up View Post
My company is still looking for part time workers. Day/night. Decent pay. Production work. We are struggling in our busy season. If you know someone, let me know. Based in Manassas.
Work is located in Manassas? Hire high school kids? The boy might be looking for a PT job over the school year (he works FT right now for a garage door company in Manassas).
__________________
Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer
SxyRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #5618
fragile_this_side_up
Beastly Adventurer
 
fragile_this_side_up's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Strasburg, VA
Oddometer: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxyRdr View Post
Work is located in Manassas? Hire high school kids? The boy might be looking for a PT job over the school year (he works FT right now for a garage door company in Manassas).
May work out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
weekend day-tripper '03 SV650Naked SOLD! http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7630515234266/
daily commuter. '12 DL650ADV http://www.flickr.com/photos/8007308...7633330697107/
fragile_this_side_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #5619
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Chessie-Owner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Ashburn va
Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxyRdr View Post
I've put my baby up for sale... If anyone knows of someone who's looking for a CBR1000RR, point them my way, please!

I'm supposed to be picking up a 2014 Blazing Orange FZ-09 on Sat.
To bad my r1200gs isn't sold yet.
__________________
r1200gs
Undecided
Chessie-Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #5620
SxyRdr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Bealeton, VA
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie-Owner View Post
To bad my r1200gs isn't sold yet.
Who says you can't have 2 bikes? As of tomorrow, there will be 3 riders but 5 street bikes and 2 off-road bikes in the garage.
__________________
Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer
SxyRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #5621
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Chessie-Owner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Ashburn va
Oddometer: 153
My girlfriend is already on my case about having more than one bicycle I can't imagine her trying to understand why the garage is full of mountain bikes, road bikes, and 2 motorcycles.
__________________
r1200gs
Undecided
Chessie-Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #5622
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer
 
SteelB12's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Prince William County, VA
Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie-Owner View Post
My girlfriend is already on my case about having more than one bicycle I can't imagine her trying to understand why the garage is full of mountain bikes, road bikes, and 2 motorcycles.

Not your wife, so it doesn't matter
__________________
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
2009 KLR650
SteelB12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #5623
Dr. Beard
Cenosillicaphobiac
 
Dr. Beard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: NoVA
Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxyRdr View Post
Who says you can't have 2 bikes? As of tomorrow, there will be 3 riders but 5 street bikes and 2 off-road bikes in the garage.
Single with 12 bikes in the stable right now. Beat that.




__________________
1972 R75/5 x2, one hacked
1973 R75/5 Toaster LWB (Keeper)
1970-74 CB/CL 350/360/450's. Too many to count.
1974 XL250 Street Tracker
2002 R1150GS White Whale
Dr. Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #5624
Lacedaemon
Studly Adventurer
 
Lacedaemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Oddometer: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Beard View Post
Single with 12 bikes in the stable right now. Beat that.




Are you sure counting them was a good idea?
Lacedaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #5625
ridin gaijin
el camino
 
ridin gaijin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: DC metro: politics, suburbs & strip malls, oh my
Oddometer: 693
I'm back. Whew.

Casual ride report and a few pics.

That was a lot of riding. Next trip will be more mellow--September, to the Maritimes and back through the New England autumn.
__________________
'96 R1100GS, the Black Beast. Most recently: 6000 miles thru US + CA. (past) 09 XCountry; 05 Tiger, sold after 32 dual sporting US states; and about a dozen on & off road Japanese bikes, all good in their own way, ridden in the US & Japan. "You just have to ride the bike and not worry." - Hank (with half a million miles on his 95 GS)
ridin gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014