User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #46
gr8ridn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
F800GS side panels

Just a heads up on this project. I will be installing the Touratech Aux Fuel Tank kit on my F800GS soon. I will then be selling my OEM side panels, with snorkel covers and the air-box top piece. I have the Yellow/black paint and all panels are in good shape. There might be others who want to sell the take off parts for the big tank project. I know other parts are needed for the 650 to 800GS project, but some big savings can be realized with these big pieces as opposed to buying new.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #47
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ridn
Just a heads up on this project. I will be installing the Touratech Aux Fuel Tank kit on my F800GS soon. I will then be selling my OEM side panels, with snorkel covers and the air-box top piece. I have the Yellow/black paint and all panels are in good shape. There might be others who want to sell the take off parts for the big tank project. I know other parts are needed for the 650 to 800GS project, but some big savings can be realized with these big pieces as opposed to buying new.

check your pm....

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
giodog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #48
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by giodog2000
I received some parts today. Very satisfied with the seller and shipping time... A few more parts missing and I'll be on the move .

How is yours comming along? Any changes from last time?

Edit: Did you order the air duct , and what screws and nut kit did you have to order to complet the project.... Don't we have all the screws/nut/clip we need on our original 650?
Did you also order the protecting grille (part : 17117694197)
Well my build should have been done by now if it wasnīt for a small plastic cover thatīs going on the right and left side of the body panels. (was thinking of using the ones from the 650 but they had a little different shape, so i ordered new ones ) Other then that i have put on a couple of layers of clearcoat on the red and put on the red GS decals. Yes i ordered the air duct but it needs a bit of grinding/cutting on top, there are different montage points on the 800 but you donīt really need them, just trim so it wont rub on the radiator. I didnīt order any nut kit just use the ones from your bike. The only thing that you need extra of is a sort of clip that you put in the panels in order to be able to scrwe them on, but itīs the same type of clip used to mount car speakers in door panels so i had a few in my garage ( yes they use a different kind of screw but nobody will see they sit on the underside of the panel) Well thatīs about how far i have got, hope you understand my crappy description.

Oh, i did not order the protecting grille, iīm not sure it will fit.

keep customizing

/M
xlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #49
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv
Well my build should have been done by now if it wasnīt for a small plastic cover thatīs going on the right and left side of the body panels. (was thinking of using the ones from the 650 but they had a little different shape, so i ordered new ones ) Other then that i have put on a couple of layers of clearcoat on the red and put on the red GS decals. Yes i ordered the air duct but it needs a bit of grinding/cutting on top, there are different montage points on the 800 but you donīt really need them, just trim so it wont rub on the radiator. I didnīt order any nut kit just use the ones from your bike. The only thing that you need extra of is a sort of clip that you put in the panels in order to be able to scrwe them on, but itīs the same type of clip used to mount car speakers in door panels so i had a few in my garage ( yes they use a different kind of screw but nobody will see they sit on the underside of the panel) Well thatīs about how far i have got, hope you understand my crappy description.

Oh, i did not order the protecting grille, iīm not sure it will fit.

keep customizing

/M
Your descriptions are perfectly clear. Once I get the left panel , all I need is a few clips and air duct.... Can you give me the part number of those small plastic cover you are talking about? I guess I'll have to buy those also .
For now I might keep it yellow and black if I find another yellow and black left panel . If not , my first choice might be orange but I'm still not 100% sure.

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 03-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #50
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giodog2000
Your descriptions are perfectly clear. Once I get the left panel , all I need is a few clips and air duct.... Can you give me the part number of those small plastic cover you are talking about? I guess I'll have to buy those also .
For now I might keep it yellow and black if I find another yellow and black left panel . If not , my first choice might be orange but I'm still not 100% sure.
The part number is 46637716023 (set of covers 11,45$) but you mey not need them if you find another used panel. Click the link and youīll see what i mean
http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/BMW_....htm?ca=12&w=2
Look under the Yellow GS-sticker on the panel you bought there is a small cover, on the two that i got both are missing.

/M
Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #51
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv
The part number is 46637716023 (set of covers 11,45$) but you mey not need them if you find another used panel. Click the link and youīll see what i mean
http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/BMW_....htm?ca=12&w=2
Look under the Yellow GS-sticker on the panel you bought there is a small cover, on the two that i got both are missing.

/M
Yes I see what you mean and mine came with it .... thanks

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #52
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,038
I know this is a spam, but I just picked up my rashed 800 panels from the dealer...they were replaced after a crash I had in December. PM or check out my thread in the classifieds.
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #53
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
Here's a couple pics of my 650 turned white. I almost feel as though it's "too white" and will either put my last set of GS stickers on the side to break it up, paint the wheels/forks black to offset a little bit more, or buy the 800 panels to get that good black snorkel along the side

US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #54
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
XLV,
Looks like I just kind of unexpectedly got a pair of panels headed my way, the biggest thing I have a question on is (I apologize if this has been addressed already), what do you need to attach the blinkers to the forks? Thanks!
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #55
gr8ridn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
The turn signals attach to the radiator surround on the 800. This part is fairly cheap and also helps attach the front of the F800 panels at two points. The 800 surround is different than the 650. Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #56
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ridn
The turn signals attach to the radiator surround on the 800. This part is fairly cheap and also helps attach the front of the F800 panels at two points. The 800 surround is different than the 650. Hope this helps.
Hi Jim , I think the part you are refering to is called the air duct part number 46637698571 .... I'll post a comment from an inmate ..I think he had it right...

Looking good to order your tank in a few days????

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 03-26-2010, 05:17 AM   #57
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Go see in page 2 of this thread ,, KMUELLER had a great post on this part.....

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 03-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #58
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
XLV,
Looks like I just kind of unexpectedly got a pair of panels headed my way, the biggest thing I have a question on is (I apologize if this has been addressed already), what do you need to attach the blinkers to the forks? Thanks!
I have been away for a couple of days, and i see you allready have got the answer, bike looks very god i white by the way.

/M
Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #59
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Itīs done and iīve got picīs

Old 03-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #60
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

hereīs a few more. donīt know why i get them linked i use to be able to get the pics to show in the tread.

[IMG]http://www.sporthoj.com/galleri/visa...05674&header=1[IMG]

http://www.sporthoj.com/galleri/visa...05680&header=1

http://www.sporthoj.com/galleri/visa...05679&header=1

http://www.sporthoj.com/galleri/visa...05677&header=1

So now iīm waiting on you guys !!

And yes iīm a sucker for stickers, i think it will up my top speed by at least 0,6mph

xlv screwed with this post 03-27-2010 at 11:33 AM