Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #91
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
I can't imagine it not fitting since the two bikes share identical geometry, so where the crash bars line up on the one is the same place they line up on the other, but I can't speak for any certainty since you have the parts sitting in front of you..
DB , I got it now . My rad guard took all the space needed for the duct to fit. I had to remove it and now everything aligns just fine. The horn is in the way so that will have to be shifted a little upwards . Now I have to figure out how to remove the black part of the center panel and it'll be naked . Panels will get painted next week .

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W

giodog2000 screwed with this post 04-14-2010 at 09:04 PM
giodog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #92
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by giodog2000
DB , I got it now . My rad guard took all the space needed for the duct to fit. I had to remove it and now everything aligns just fine. The horn is in the way so that will have to be shifted a little upwards . Now I have to figure out how to remove the black part of the center panel and it'll be naked . Panels will get painted next week .
Hello dudeīs

I didnīt move my horn, i just removed a few mm of plastic from the air duct with a dremel and that was it.

/Mike
xlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #93
DiabloBlanco
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
Did you have a radiator guard something like the one I have from Wunderlich? I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep that somehow.
The horn I push out of the way a little bit when installing the rad guard last winter, but now I have a new Stebel horn I plan to install when I put the new panels on, it's a bit fatter, so we'll see how that complicates things as well. Excited to see your bike and hopefully this panel shows up soon!
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #94
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

DB , Although it was ok to cut the air duct to fit the horn like XLV did , I rotated the horn so that the connector would clear the duct. I have the Touratech rad guard . Once everything is refitted in place , I,ll see if it fits back on but my guess is it won't.

I dropped the panels to the body shop this morning and will be ready probably wed/thursday.

As for you panel , I think we should look into it today or tomorrow with USPS ,, something is wrong.

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #95
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv
Hello dudeīs

I didnīt move my horn, i just removed a few mm of plastic from the air duct with a dremel and that was it.

/Mike

You didn't have to cut the bottom left and right of the duct where it touches the rad???

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 04-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #96
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

XLV , can you test something for me please? If you turn the handle bars fully to one side or the other , does the protector on the forks ( the round one) hit the inside of the side panels next to the blinkers??

Thanks

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 04-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #97
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
You didn't have to cut the bottom left and right of the duct where it touches the rad???
I took away most on the upper right and left side and a little moore where the horn is, at the bottom i put a few extra washers on the center screw and i was done.

Quote:
XLV , can you test something for me please? If you turn the handle bars fully to one side or the other , does the protector on the forks ( the round one) hit the inside of the side panels next to the blinkers??

Thanks
Yes they do (hadnīt noticed that before) but itīs very little so iīm not going to do anything about it, it only touches when i steer full to use the steering lock, but i guess i could trim a bit off the protector.

/M
Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #98
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I've been trying many things so it won't rub ,
without succes. Took it off and back on a few times, trimming here and ther and still rubs when stearing fully. I'm cutting the corner of the protector.
The only other reason I see is the protector is different
on the 800???

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 AM   #99
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey DB , how is the mod comming along?

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #100
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv
Hello everybody, iīm leaving parallel universe next week (i have joined team green) so my f800 plastic is for sale as i trade my beemer in stock trim. The craschbar and skidplate will allso be for sale. iīll put up an ad in fleemaket later i just thought iīll mentoin it here, if anyone is interested just pm me.

/Mike
Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #101
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlv
Hello everybody, iīm leaving parallel universe next week (i have joined team green) so my f800 plastic is for sale as i trade my beemer in stock trim. The craschbar and skidplate will allso be for sale. iīll put up an ad in fleemaket later i just thought iīll mentoin it here, if anyone is interested just pm me.

/Mike

Hi Mike ,
It was fun planning the 800 panel mod together. Hope you drop us a line once in a while and please make sure to send us pics of what you traded your 798 for. Hopefully , team green is not some kind of ''weed'' group.
If it is , PM me , I'll join and we can give the group a name and have Marky make some stickers for us.....

Have fun..........

Gio

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #102
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Mike ,
It was fun planning the 800 panel mod together. Hope you drop us a line once in a while and please make sure to send us pics of what you traded your 798 for. Hopefully , team green is not some kind of ''weed'' group.
If it is , PM me , I'll join and we can give the group a name and have Marky make some stickers for us.....

Have fun..........

Gio
That was fun, but itīs time to try something else. When i got my Beemer i chosed betwen that or a kawasaki (team green) versys and i got a better deal on the beamer but liked the styling and 17" front wheel of the versys better and that has botherd me a bit even if i like my bike, and the other day i spotted a dealer that had a brand spankig new leftower -09 versys for a very god price, so i called him up and said i could trade him my F658 so he could get a more expensive bike to sell (well i told him that as a joke) well he went silent for a bit then he said how about you give me $300.......well foook me that was not so bad i thought, and before i knew it i said allrighty then you got yourself a deal. So this Monday i will ride a touring super moto

/M
Old 06-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #103
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Post pics as soon as you get it...I'm sure nobody will object posting a green machine here. Congrats on the deal .

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W
Old 06-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #104
xlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Post pics as soon as you get it...I'm sure nobody will object posting a green machine here. Congrats on the deal .
Sure iīll post some pics, but it is going to look very stock for now but you know me i canīt leave god enough alone so maybe i can lure you over to beasts when winter comes to sweden and we can start our own parallel universe Oh! and i will absolutely need som stickers for this one.... hey Mark are you listening ?

/ride safe
Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #105
giodog2000 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2009 KTM 530 XC-W