Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #571
ultrachrome
Poser

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
I believe some of the SM and SM/R guys have found a way to get the massive Safari tank from the 950 Super Enduro onto their bikes. Maybe an option for those in need?
I've only heard of that for the 950 model, not the 990. So many differences to consider that I'd look at going to a single muffler and adding an auxiliary tank like some of the 990ADV folks have done.
ultrachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #572
bart802
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I have a 2013 SMT , got it 5weeks ago. Have 3200 miles now. Have rode more in the snow and rain than sunny days so far. Did a 450 mile day 2 week's ago and then last weekend did an Iron butt ride with msta. I have never ridden a bike that far in a day before, 1163 miles 21 hours. Loved the bike , except for the snatchy throttle, have a g2 on order now. Did get a kaoko throttle lock before the trip thankfully ! Now getting up to 150 to 160 miles before the light comes on then still have 1 gallon left, I'm ready for a break by then. First tank only went 120 miles, so its getting broke in and getting better. If you want kick your ass performance and fun then expect to pay for it at the petro pump , if you want great fuel mpg then buy a moped. I'm just sayin ! It's a fun bike that will do what you think, like its telepathic. Glad I bought it !
By the way my DR 650 goes 110 to 120 miles before it coughs to a stop at a light and I have turn the petcock to reserve and restart while I hope no one asspacks me.

Ktm smt 990 = fun in my book.

gone -99 zrx1100, 08 ST 1050,03 cr250r, 03 sv1000, 05 ultra and about 22 others
bart802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #573
Revel
n00b

Oddometer: 1
2010 smt

I have a 2010 SMT with all the SAS crap removed and Akro pipes on the bike w/ map.

I can get 200 miles out of a tank if I am kind with the throttle. 40mpg is pretty common with fill ups around 160 typical.
Revel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #574
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrachrome View Post
I've only heard of that for the 950 model, not the 990. So many differences to consider that I'd look at going to a single muffler and adding an auxiliary tank like some of the 990ADV folks have done.
Maybe with some luck the aftermarket will provide something. Or KTM will come up with a larger tank in the future. A 200 mile range should be standard.
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #575
TomADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
This thread needs more pics!

The title says it all. I have had this bike now for nearly 3 years. The longest I have kept any bike! I have looked and tried others and have always loved buying new bikes, but this one has just spoiled that fun for me. I just cannot find anything i would rather have. I dont give a shit about fuel economy when I smile as much as I do with this machine. It can do everything. Here are a couple from a recent 1400km ride, a couple of weeks ago.

TomADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #576
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo-55 View Post
I took delivery of mine last Saturday. 250 miles on it so far. All I can say is "wow"
Love the colours of the '13 SMT good luck with your new toy

Funky helmet
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #577
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomADV View Post
The title says it all. I have had this bike now for nearly 3 years. The longest I have kept any bike! I have looked and tried others and have always loved buying new bikes, but this one has just spoiled that fun for me. I just cannot find anything i would rather have. I dont give a shit about fuel economy when I smile as much as I do with this machine. It can do everything. Here are a couple from a recent 1400km ride, a couple of weeks ago.

What kind of luggage plate have you fitted for the (Kriega?) bags.
And what's your opinion on the KTM bags are they worth there money?

Nice bike btw
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #578
TomADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
What kind of luggage plate have you fitted for the (Kriega?) bags.
And what's your opinion on the KTM bags are they worth there money?

Nice bike btw
Thanks. No plate for the Kriega bags. Just the standard plate that is on the bike ‘as delivered’. I think the little KTM bags are actually quite good and use them a lot. They clip on to the bike nicely with no problem, no straps or any fuss whatsoever. Great for short trips on their own. I think they are 13 l and a bit of a strange shape, but fine for stuffing soft stuff like clothes into. I use waterproof inners. The Kriega bags are awesome and 100% waterproof. I experienced a real drenching from rain and a also huge wave when I was on a boat and everything stayed completely dry. With the 2 ktm bags, Kriega US20 and 10 I could fit all I need for a long trip mostly hoteling and staying in accomodation. Easy to strap on a tent and a sleeping bag on top as well though if needed.
TomADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #579
AdvRdrNewbie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 6
Decided to put my SMT up for sale

If anybody in this thread is looking for an almost new SMT, please see my ad in the flea market.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886778

Cheers,

Jeff
AdvRdrNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #580
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRdrNewbie View Post
If anybody in this thread is looking for an almost new SMT, please see my ad in the flea market.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886778

Cheers,

Jeff
Who sells a SMT?!

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #581
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Who sells a SMT?!
I know!?!?

I'll be home from work in a couple days. I'll get a chance to throw on some LV's, do the 15 min reset, have a couple hours of saddle time and then catch a flight to Germany. It'll be the end of June before I get a good ride on it!

I'll try to get a couple pics.
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #582
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomADV View Post

Stavanger Norway?

My Dad's family is from the Trolatysdal area. Really like to go on a Euro bike tour.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #583
Smithers167
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Hey all, I just picked up my 2012 SMT in white. I put 150 miles on it the first day on back roads home. After 3.5 hours riding I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't fatigued at all. In fact I hopped on my cycle cross bike and went for a ride. (Had a limited amount of time to run my course of a relay race I did in Bellingham Washington) I can't wait to finish breaking her in to really get on her.
I'll upload a photo as soon as I figure out how to upload from my computer and not a web site.
Smithers167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #584
Smithers167
Gnarly Adventurer

Screw it, I just uploaded to my old photobucket account. See if this works.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #585
Smithers167
Gnarly Adventurer

While I was at the stealership I was admiring the 2013 model. Very nice. It was a little too much for my budget. But one thing I did really like was the decals. So I played around on photoshop for a while. Here is what I came up with. What do you all think.

Started with these two

Photoshopped

Let me know what you all think.