ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
motor-maniac OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Question Who is a good dealer in Phoenix?

I am new to the Phoenix area and am ready to take the plunge on a new ktm 950 adventure. I have spent hours reading the many informative threads on the bike and saw how important a good informed and helpful dealer is. Can anyone recommend a dealer. I live in the east valley and Bernies Cycle Service is closest with Phoenix International Ktm and Premier Motorsports further away. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
motor-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-maniac
I am new to the Phoenix area and am ready to take the plunge on a new ktm 950 adventure. I have spent hours reading the many informative threads on the bike and saw how important a good informed and helpful dealer is. Can anyone recommend a dealer. I live in the east valley and Bernies Cycle Service is closest with Phoenix International Ktm and Premier Motorsports further away. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I haven't bought any bikes from Phoenix International, but I've had minor service done there, and I've purchased some gear there as well. I like 'em. Their service bays are right out in the open, so you can watch whats going on. I'd have no qualms buying a bike there if they had what I was after.

JC

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer: 5,910
1st, welcome N00b.
2nd., fill out your profile,
3rd. I was in Chandler 2001-2002 and Bernies always did welll by me on Airhead service. I'd give them

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Eurobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
Gizmo
Hermes

Oddometer: 1,668
None of them....maybe. Until recentil recently, the only game in town was Phoenix International Motorsports and Victory in Chandler, AZ. Just recently a new dealer opened in Scottsdale, but it is too early tell in my book how good they are. I have done all my business at Ironhorse Motorcycles in Tucson, well worth the 130 mile trip for me and will continue to do. They are a world class dealer, great service by techs who not only truly know their stuff but are thorough. Their customer service is top drawer and really nice people to know and deal with. As an added benefit they are the only dealer in Arizona to offer an AMA or MOA discount on parts and accessories and their service rate is in the $8.00 - $10.00 range less expensive than the Phoenix area dealers. It is too bad about P.I.M. as they are only 5 minutes from where I work. Besides the fact that they are no longer a BMW dealer, I have found their customer service to be wanting, the parts guy rarely seems to know parts and accessories and their service, I simply do not trust. Victory is owned by a big conglomerate and so a lot of the typical lack of caring is prevalent. They quite often offer great prices on motorcycles but after the sale forget about good service. I also know of a couple of folks who have had real horror stories with servicing on their motorcycles.

Bruce
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul
09' BMW K1200 LT
IBA # 8547
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #5
Eurobiker
Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer: 5,910
Uh, Gizmo, he's after a KTM.
I am new to the Phoenix area and am ready to take the plunge on a new ktm 950 adventure.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Eurobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:20 PM   #6
motozilla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-maniac
Stay FARRRR away from Premier. P.I. and Bernies are boto good shops in my opinion. If Bernies is closer then...There you go fro service. If you're buying
a new one....Check all three and see what kind of deal you get at each. I bought mine out of state but have it serviced at P.I. and have nothing but good things to say about them.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:58 PM   #7
Gizmo
Hermes

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobiker
Uh, Gizmo, he's after a KTM.
I am new to the Phoenix area and am ready to take the plunge on a new ktm 950 adventure.
Yes true but Phoenix Int'l Motorsports sells KTM. Sorry got off on a bit of a tangent otherwise.

Bruce
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul
09' BMW K1200 LT
IBA # 8547
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 06:39 PM   #8
motor-maniac OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb

Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like Phoenix International Ktm or Bernies Cycle Service. I just don't get why Bernies is not a listed dealer on KTM'm web site.
motor-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
mardaf
"POPS"

Oddometer: 96
Changing out tires in Phoenix

Any update to this thread? I am heading down through Phoenix on the way to Baja the end of May and will need to purchase and change out a set of tires on my R1200GS.
At home I would do my own work but considering the possible temperature I will likely get a shop to do the change over and I will sit having a cool beer rather sweating in the parking lot removing the wheels?

Recommendations on a dealer?

I don't like making plans because the the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in court
mardaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,084
tires for MARDAF

MARDAF:
Would recommend that you consider ZEN MOTO in N. Scottsdale, Owner Dillon Dugan is a adv member, rides, & owns both KTM & BMW can accommodate any need you might have.

Contact: Zen Moto Store (480) 600-2978----www.zenmotostore.com---

You can deal with the rest but why not have the best.
Tell him Belstaff---Jeff sent ya.

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #11
mardaf
"POPS"

Awesome, Thanks for the help. I will mention you directed me in his direction.

I don't like making plans because the the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in court
Old 04-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
4play
Next?

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
MARDAF:
Would recommend that you consider ZEN MOTO in N. Scottsdale, Owner Dillon Dugan is a adv member, rides, & owns both KTM & BMW can accommodate any need you might have.

Plus one, Dillon is a rider & one of the very few people I'd allow near my bike with tools...
Old 04-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #13
Slowred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
Plus one, Dillon is a rider & one of the very few people I'd allow near my bike with tools...
Plus 2! Dillon is a great guy and runs an independent shop relying on excellent service. He rides both Adventures and GS's. He'll take good care of you.
Slowred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
mardaf
"POPS"

Awesome, I have an email into him today. I'll be sure to mention the support he is getting from the inmates.

Thanks guys, it always makes you feel better when you get some "on the ground" intel :o)

mardaf screwed with this post 04-30-2014 at 07:58 AM
Old 04-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
MARDAF:

definitely the place to take a motorcycle for any service etc.
You get the guys who kind of know at the dealers and then you get the guys that really do know at Zen Moto.