Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #6871
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Good to know. Hey, go over to the Arkansas BS thread HERE, I posted up the relevant regs, and my interpretation. We can carry on that discussion (and let Vinduro let loose) over there. This is important stuff to know, and I wasn't aware of the extent of those changes. I may have been the only one, tho!
Ignorance is Bliss! I don't want to know anything about it. I will just keep on riding and plead ignorance and pay the consequences. Just sayin.......! I think the less said about it the better. That is my two cents worth.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #6872
TroyWolf
Safety 3rd

Oddometer: 412
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
Ignorance is Bliss!
After reviewing the situation over the last several years, I think O'Leary's point is on target.
Arkansas OHV Conservation Assoc.RideForum.NETAMA #1009541 ■ BlueRibbon #42185 ■ 11 BMW F800GS ■ 09 Honda CRF 50 ■ 07 KTM 450 EXC ■ 99 KTM 300 EXC
TroyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #6873
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 13,608
THIS.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #6874
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
20 Years, 2 Rangers on the trail. We shook hands, exchanged stories for half hour, then parted our ways. Nice folk.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #6875
TroyWolf
Safety 3rd

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
20 Years, 2 Rangers on the trail. We shook hands, exchanged stories for half hour, then parted our ways. Nice folk.
THANK YOU, Scotty. I appreciate first-hand, real life testimonies. I keep hearing fear stories about enforcement but none of them are first-hand.
Arkansas OHV Conservation Assoc.RideForum.NETAMA #1009541 ■ BlueRibbon #42185 ■ 11 BMW F800GS ■ 09 Honda CRF 50 ■ 07 KTM 450 EXC ■ 99 KTM 300 EXC
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #6876
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWolf View Post
THANK YOU, Scotty. I appreciate first-hand, real life testimonies. I keep hearing fear stories about enforcement but none of them are first-hand.
Doesnt "hearing" a first hand story make it second hand?
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #6877
TroyWolf
Safety 3rd

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Doesnt "hearing" a first hand story make it second hand?
No. Examples:

Second (third, whatever) Hand
Quote:
I heard there was a guy riding up at White Rock that had his bike confiscated by a Ranger when he got caught riding an unmarked trail.
First Hand
Quote:
I was riding my bike on an unmarked trail up at White Rock and a Ranger confiscated my bike.
To carry any real value, it is also imperative that the listener knows the person giving the first hand account. In this case, I (we) know Scotty...at least to a degree that I trust what he is telling me on this subject.

Now if/when I relay Scotty's experience, the person hearing it from me is getting it 2nd hand. The only point I was trying to make is that I've heard several stories about negative run-ins with enforcement for various things but never from anyone I personally know...and like most of us, I know a lot of riders.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #6878
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWolf View Post
No. Examples:

Second (third, whatever) Hand

First Hand

To carry any real value, it is also imperative that the listener knows the person giving the first hand account. In this case, I (we) know Scotty...at least to a degree that I trust what he is telling me on this subject.

Now if/when I relay Scotty's experience, the person hearing it from me is getting it 2nd hand. The only point I was trying to make is that I've heard several stories about negative run-ins with enforcement for various things but never from anyone I personally know...and like most of us, I know a lot of riders.
Thanks for the description. I was teasin though.
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #6879
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 797
Some more great ride reports Charlie, Tim and Bo. Always a joy to see cool areas on the ride reports.
I personally think it is a good idea to pass as much information on public access to public lands everywhere you can. We will loose some great riding opportunities if we don't speak up.
BTW...According to the AMA, Obama will designate five new National Monuments on March 25th. With no public input and bypassing our elected representitves he will shut down access to public lands on ???? acres.
Get involved or stay home. Won't be many placed left to ride anyway, everything will be blocked off.
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #6880
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Thats why I pretty much gave up four wheelin' and went road legal dual sport. Any road becomes a trail if your riding at the top end of your skill level.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #6881
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
Some more great ride reports Charlie, Tim and Bo. Always a joy to see cool areas on the ride reports.
I personally think it is a good idea to pass as much information on public access to public lands everywhere you can. We will loose some great riding opportunities if we don't speak up.
BTW...According to the AMA, Obama will designate five new National Monuments on March 25th. With no public input and bypassing our elected representitves he will shut down access to public lands on ???? acres.
Get involved or stay home. Won't be many placed left to ride anyway, everything will be blocked off.
What's the American Medical Association know about this stuff ? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #6882
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 797
Uh...not sure why the doctors would be privy to inside information. Those doctors must have a lot of patients for stuff like that.
I would encourage anyone interested in access issues to join the American Motorcycle Association. We have to be just as vocal as the crowd that is trying to shut down access. Were not talking about shutting down a few obscure trails. we're talking about wholesale shutdown of motorized access to public lands over vast areas.
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #6883
badmotoscooter
Forever-A-Noob

Oddometer: 49
Some action from Sunday morning at the White Rock Enduro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNqP1...layer_embedded

https://www.facebook.com/RESPECTTRAILS
badmotoscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #6884
bohawk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotoscooter View Post
Great video. Looks like ya'll had some serious mud to contend with. I felt sorry for the folks that got stuck on those hills getting roosted to add to their misery.
bohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #6885
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotoscooter View Post
WFOPete and myself were going to go to White Rock (I even signed up for the series), but I personally decided against it because:
1. I watched the forecast the week before and it kept getting worse.
2. At keytime, it was 31 with a wind chill of 19 and snowing. At 2:00 PM, it was still 31, snowing and the wind chill had dropped a degree.
3. I was too lazy to swap my trials tire for a knobby. After watching the video, running the trials would have been a very bad choice.
4. I just don't like cold weather. It hurts.

Still, everyone appeared to be having fun and that's what it's about. Train Robbers is the next Arkie BJEC in June and it will probably be the exact opposite... stifling hot temps and dust. Hopefully I'll make that one.

Greg