Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #91
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,568
Yeah I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
10Cup make sure it's .gpx file not a .gdb

Here's the tracks Safetyfifth and I were going to do yesterday but got canceled due to my KLR acting a monkey.
Thanks JV, did all that but it still gives me the upload error. Same experience as Charlie.

Talked to Gadget Boy and he says the GPX files are hit and miss. I figure the best way is to just post them somewhere else. I have Vista for a browser so I know that doesn't work. No big deal I don't post that many of my routs anyway.

10Cup screwed with this post 03-28-2010 at 12:11 PM
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #92
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,154
JV, Using your method I tried to upload the .gpx file you posted. I got the same message using your own file. Something is messed up for sure. "Hit or miss" eh? I've never been able to do it and I have tried on numerous occasions.

TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #93
JV
What?

Oddometer: 583
Hmmm, I don't think it's because I'm special or anything.

I'll try it on IE and see if it works.

Yep, that works also. I don't know guys.

JV screwed with this post 12-15-2010 at 10:45 PM
JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #94
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,056
What is this secret route stuff. Pretty sure there will never be enough ADV types to create traffic jams, and I like ramdomly running into inmates. Even the asshole ones I met once.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #95
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,138
I beg to differ! You've met me more than once!
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #96
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70
What is this secret route stuff. Pretty sure there will never be enough ADV types to create traffic jams, and I like ramdomly running into inmates. Even the asshole ones I met once.
"Secret Routes" are the ones where Doc keeps the stump broke goats tied up! It was just a dig. I don't mind sharing my tracks. Just wish it was easier.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #97
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,614
Friday Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
Well here I set while you guys are riding.......got to change that this coming week!! Great pictures from all,.... well cept for Fish Friday is looking real good this coming week, hope the week goes well so I can make a break for it. Anyone else got plans?
Planning to ride Friday. It will be most all twisty pavement 600 miles or so if all goes well. I have to see if I can remember how to ride that after all this dirt action lately.
terrascout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 PM   #98
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Hey Terrascout did you hook up with the Okies?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #99
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

3/29/2010

Doc had to retrieve his stock trailer from Campbell's Cemetery Road today. So, I trailed to his place and we road 36 miles down there. The place is a campground on the Mulberry near Shores lake. Great riding.

Not really a special report or anything, just a great day of riding.

Arriving at the trailer

The Dogwoods were in bloom

It was about lunchtime so we loaded the trailer and headed toward Oark

We parked the truck and trailer at 215 and 23 and offloaded the bikes and headed out for a bite to eat.

[click to show pic]
[click to show pic]

Mmmmmm, Buttermilk Pie

Geeze Doc at least use the silverware???

Nice day

Our Route

Stats from Docs House

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 12:07 PM
Old 03-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #100
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie
Hey Terrascout did you hook up with the Okies?
Yep. Sure did. I almost missed out as I got impatient and left Natural Dam about noon time and headed up Pannell Road on my own. Once I was above the little rock step area on Pannell I played with some muddy rocks and the dizzer went down. Had to mess with the clutch safety to get it to turn over again. While this is going on I get a call from RipperFox. They head up from Natural Dam and I head down. Meet them on the road just above the creek crossing where JD took photos during our ride. Road back up Pannell the on to Lee Creek area some where to some marked trails. Road down to a nice deep water crossing 2 DRZs across fine, one DR 350 across, one xr 650 coughs stalls and gets all wet. Wish I had a camera as ReddirtJoe had a great JDS3 (JD SOAKED SOCK SYNDROME) moment and was dumping water out of his water resistant boots. Had lots of great riding back in the woods. There were a couple large mud puddle instances we just could keep the Dizzers out of. Again the XR650 coughed severely at the sight of water. Last deep water crossing the xr takes a nap out in the middle of deep water Reddirt Joe and I find other means across the water.
Ripper has determined there must be something wrong as the xr is negetively reacting to any signs of mosture. We talk about eletrical gremlins then ride on. We get back to gravel and head south west reddirtjoe and I are bring up the rear. When we get to the top of Pannell road we can not tell which way our fearless leader has gone so we wait at the intersect. The rain starts, then the hail. Once this lets up and we have spent some time visiting with a fellow rider out on his KLR we decide to head down toward 220 as the KLR was heading down Pannell.

We get back to Natural Dam and there is one rider sunning himself trying to dry out. He informs us that Ripper has head up Pannell to see if we were lost or had trouble coming down that way. Well Ripper comes back some time later informs us that there is a KLR with a flat front up on our favorite road. He loads me up with supplies to help a fellow rider out on my way home. While the dry out before heading toward OK. Well our KLR friend had better cell reception than me and had contacted a friend in Cedarville so instead of continuing up Pannell rd for the third time I ran Rippers supplies back down to Natural Dam before they left. Then found another route home. It was an enjoyable adventure though my body was complaining a bit today about it. Ripper found his short repaired it and they were back out there playing today. If they had any more JDS3 incidences they were to send me pictures.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #101
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

KLR 250 out and about

Met up with Tim (Magoo) at Baum for the KLRs break in gravel ride. We headed down 71b to West Fork the headed east on CR34 Turned to gravel once we were a ways up the hill. Hit a very small peice of CR 30 then headed south on ?Low Gap RD Tim can correct me if I am wrong. Got to a distinct intersection believe it is Low Gap and True Love Rd. We were pretty sure we knew were Low Gap was going so we headed south. Followed it all the way back down to 71b. Not wanting to explore that road we turned back and headed west at the next intersection which was CR156 had a slight course correction as we could not tell if the road actually ended or someones yard had just enguled the road. So we turned and found another way around. CR156 ended by the Woolsey Cemetery on 71B. Think I knew were I was I took the lead to show Tim the back way to West Fork. Well after a U turn on 71 back to the Woolsey cemetery we head across the old bridge and then up to West Fork Through the paved curved along the river and north past Tims test plots. Make it back up to Fayetteville and while Magoo heads home I headed to La Hacienda for some grub.

Nice little exploration after work. So I have the first little bit of gravel from West Fork to Drakes creek figured now I just need to get from CR34 to Thompson cut or Crosses on on 16 via gravel or dirt and we will be good for a Saturday Ride ffrom West Fork past Docs to Mossy Creeks. Of course the water will need to go down before I am trying Thompson Cut. If Elvis goes first I'll follow as long as JD is with.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #102
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Pictures man! Sounds like a couple of fun trips. I wanted to go with Ripper and the group but was unsure if my wrist would take the abuse of Pannell Rd. Glad I didn't if it was muddy. Sounds like you and Tim had fun! I knew once Tim got hooked there would be no stopping him.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #103
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrascout
Met up with Tim (Magoo) at Baum for the KLRs break in gravel ride. We headed down 71b to West Fork the headed east on CR34 Turned to gravel once we were a ways up the hill. Hit a very small peice of CR 30 then headed south on ?Low Gap RD Tim can correct me if I am wrong. Got to a distinct intersection believe it is Low Gap and True Love Rd. We were pretty sure we knew were Low Gap was going so we headed south. Followed it all the way back down to 71b. Not wanting to explore that road we turned back and headed west at the next intersection which was CR156 had a slight course correction as we could not tell if the road actually ended or someones yard had just enguled the road. So we turned and found another way around. CR156 ended by the Woolsey Cemetery on 71B. Think I knew were I was I took the lead to show Tim the back way to West Fork. Well after a U turn on 71 back to the Woolsey cemetery we head across the old bridge and then up to West Fork Through the paved curved along the river and north past Tims test plots. Make it back up to Fayetteville and while Magoo heads home I headed to La Hacienda for some grub.

Nice little exploration after work. So I have the first little bit of gravel from West Fork to Drakes creek figured now I just need to get from CR34 to Thompson cut or Crosses on on 16 via gravel or dirt and we will be good for a Saturday Ride ffrom West Fork past Docs to Mossy Creeks. Of course the water will need to go down before I am trying Thompson Cut. If Elvis goes first I'll follow as long as JD is with.
Yup, that was Low Gap (CR100), which is now "paved" for much of that route between CR30 and CR154. Great ride, I am still smiling. The KLR is very experienced on the gravel, but that was my first (and Charlie's right, I am hooked). No pictures (next time, for sure), but here is the gravel part of the route we took.

SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #104
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

No pictures, it didn't happen!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #105
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,568
Doc's New Doooo

Have to say Doc, you look much younger with the short hair......see wifey knows best!
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote