ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
SpeedySteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Beemer Tools

Howdy Folks -

I recently bought a BMW 2012 GSA and have been acquiring specific tools for this bike. We are all ADVers, sharing can mean new friends

A) (specific) Harmonzier tool, GS 911 (being delivered next week), coil puller, BMW service manual, and a few others I feel I am forgetting.

In addition to the specific tools, I have a fairly comprehensive toolset that has allowed me to do most things over the past few years on bikes and trucks. Handtools, angle grinder, bench grinder, cutoff wheel, electrical tools, etc etc, and some good creativity to create tools or use different tools to get the job done.

B) tiny ass garage that, after I remove two motorcycles and some other stuff, I can fit a boxer bike in there and have one person on each side tearing into it.

C) engine, trans, and final drive oil changes. valve checks. I am going to attempt to synch TBs soon once the GS911 comes in. Jesse Bag installation (i did mine with a 6 pack of beer and en evening essentially). I have also mucked with most other accessories for this bike specifically (barkbusters, kacko, adv bars etc). I have an M1009 project that has expanded my mechanical knowledge and patience.

D) 1st/wetmore ish

The GSA has been the project over the past few months so I am rather fluent with that bike.

Cheers,

Speedy
Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Hey all Im new to the site but have been checking it out for a while. I live in AZ city and do most of my riding around the Park Link drive- Marana Area. I have a Truck Access to a trailer, An air cond. garage with bike lift and most tools Ness. for just about anything. If you ever find yourself in need in the area be glad to help. Wade. 520-431-5488
WJP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #18
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Oddometer: 250
Thumb Doo & know

Tucsonians!

I have the KLR Doo tools and have done the operation twice/6 times.*
Jacks, stands, metric tools, Allen keys, 24v cordless drill with fancy LED light, a full garage with a e30 on stands, a side yard with 8 bikes**, tire irons, shovelhead bike lift,
And a extra large box of latex gloves.

010 Taco for transport, 3500lb towing capacity on 2" ball.

* Did the doo on my two klr600s, then did it again, and again as i had to order parts half way through, patch it up while I waited, go in again etc. Also discovered that the EM doo won't fit on the kl600a(84 model) since there isn't enough clearance under the rotor with no starter wheel behind it..

** 85 KZP1000, 86 KL600b2, 84 KL600a, 89 XT350, 85 DR250, 07 XMotos XB250 chinabike, single speed mtn bike, unicycle. ***

*** All run****, all for sale :)

**** Except kzp1k. Haven't touched since i got it. Motor turns tho!

Friedom screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 09:43 AM Reason: forgot the biggest tool..
Friedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,091
Mt Lemon

Does any one know if the dirt road down the back side of Mt. Lemon is Open?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #20
Friedom
Opposable Thumbs Up!

Oddometer: 250
Ranger station said backside is still closed. Whether or not closed gates will stop a bike, who knows? But with the fresh snow from last night, it'll be a refreshing ride!
Friedom is offline   Reply With Quote