Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 284 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #1516
Doorguy1979
Dreamridin'

Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I could see it being just a prototype. It looks one part kind of cool, one part Top Gear, "Have the boys build an RV."

I love the caravan episode of top Gear UK, the US boys did almost the exact same episode, was almost as good.

08 KLR 650
82 Suzuki GS850
7? Sachs Moped Basket Case
Doorguy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #1517
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
been watching extreme rv
getting some ideas
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #1518
MooseKiller
Tripod

Oddometer: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
been watching extreme rv
getting some ideas
That is a dangerous show...
Old 03-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #1519
djb_rh
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Alright, I'm pulling the trigger on a Livin' Lite VRV tomorrow. Doing the 8.5x18 with one Queen tip-out bunk and no fridge/microwave/cooktop. Just bathroom and cabinetry and sink. And with the "Adventure Package" as well as a rooftop AC unit. Will be interesting to see what it weighs when it shows up. I got a 5k limit and need to put two ADV bikes and some gear in there. Gonna be TIGHT. Well, tight on the weight. Spacious otherwise.

--Donnie
Old 03-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #1520
PA Slammer
I hate titles...

Oddometer: 871
I have a 2011 VRV 614. Bought it new a couple months ago. It was sitting at a dealer awhile. It is basically a shell without any amenities; no toilet, no black, grey or fresh tanks, no TV, microwave, or fridge, no propane, furnace or AC, no bench/bed. It does have the side fold out tent bed, the "room" where the bathroom goes, cabinets in the front with a little pump sink fed from a container of water. Basically a VERY stripped down version of the VRV. It weighed in at 2260 lbs. I can probably fit two F800GS pulled in and a third backed in. May be too tight, but it'll be close. The bikes are around 400 lbs plus, right? With any riding gear and bike/camping gear maybe pushing 500 lbs each... conservatively saying. 1500 lbs of cargo and 2300 lbs of trailer 3800 lbs. A bigger trailer and all the amenities, under 5000 lbs with cargo? It'll be very close.

PA Slammer
PA Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #1521
Hodag
native

Pics....
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #1522
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,374
Teal Modular, Loveland, Colorado

Colorado based Teal Campers has a modular, sub 1000 lb unit. I missed the RV show last weekend, shoulda gone to check it out. Modular, can be off loaded to make a shelter for those times when you find a fishin' hole you just don't want to leave. Empty, you can haul yer bike or quad.

http://www.tealinternational.com/TealCamper/index.html

Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #1523
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister View Post
Colorado based Teal Campers has a modular, sub 1000 lb unit. I missed the RV show last weekend, shoulda gone to check it out. Modular, can be off loaded to make a shelter for those times when you find a fishin' hole you just don't want to leave. Empty, you can haul yer bike or quad.

http://www.tealinternational.com/TealCamper/index.html

Hummm I thought I remembered reading earlier in this thread that the company that made those went under. Will dig a bit to see if I can find it.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #1524
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal View Post
Production of the Teal Camper is currently on hold.
In a disturbing move on July 18, our panel molding supplier determined that they were going to
concentrate on large corporate projects only and our project didn't qualify.
Teal Camper production is currently on hold until a new supplier is located.
We are not taking deposits at this time, but if you are interested in purchasing a Teal Camper you can email your request.

Found it....wonder if they are back up and running again??
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #1525
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 27,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
Found it....wonder if they are back up and running again??
There's a post in PUAC with a link to Teal Campers. When I opened it there was a quote from the owner dated in 2013.

Edit: http://www.tealinternational.com/TealCamper/

Edit2: That quote is dated 2/15/13
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #1526
djb_rh
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittrrider View Post
Congrats on your new rig!
Can't wait to see some pictures.
Did the order today. Should have it in mid-April. Actually changed my mind and went with the kitchen included. The space it takes isn't that bad, and it'll be much easier to sell that way down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Slammer View Post
I have a 2011 VRV 614. Bought it new a couple months ago. It was sitting at a dealer awhile. It is basically a shell without any amenities; no toilet, no black, grey or fresh tanks, no TV, microwave, or fridge, no propane, furnace or AC, no bench/bed. It does have the side fold out tent bed, the "room" where the bathroom goes, cabinets in the front with a little pump sink fed from a container of water. Basically a VERY stripped down version of the VRV. It weighed in at 2260 lbs. I can probably fit two F800GS pulled in and a third backed in. May be too tight, but it'll be close. The bikes are around 400 lbs plus, right? With any riding gear and bike/camping gear maybe pushing 500 lbs each... conservatively saying. 1500 lbs of cargo and 2300 lbs of trailer 3800 lbs. A bigger trailer and all the amenities, under 5000 lbs with cargo? It'll be very close.
Yeah, this one supposedly will be 3600ish. We shall see. But you're right, it's going to be all over that 5k number with stuff in it. *sigh*

--Donnie
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #1527
PA Slammer
I hate titles...

Oddometer: 871
I agree with the resale aspect. The one I bought sat for 2 1/2 years because it didn't have all the bells and whistles. But that's why I got it at the price I did. I'll be slowly installing what I need. You'll like it. I'm happy with mine so far.

PA Slammer
PA Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #1528
djb_rh
Studly Adventurer

These Livin Lites are selling like hotcakes, apparently. Supposedly if you order now you're at a three month wait and probably more. Some major dealer just ordered 160 units and anything submitted now is after that.

Or my dealer lied to close the deal fast. But I've been dragging my feet for too long and was completely ready to get this thing ordered today anyway, so doesn't matter to me. They don't seem like the type to lie, but...

--Donnie
Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #1529
Hodag
native

info and pics on the westy?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #1530
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 887
Westy

I don't want to distract from this thread, but here is a post from a few years back with some pics. The van has all of the goodies (heater, class 3 frame mounted hitch, awning, carpets, wheels, airbags, inverter, 2nd battery, Euro H4's, interior lights, etc.) It has been garaged its whole life and still has the original undercoating. It needs a cleaning and a couple of small things fixed (rear door struts, driver's window switch needs cleaning, maybe a couple other small things I'll find when I clean it). Synthetic in the tranny and engine for the last 45K miles. I'll cry when it goes. It's given my wife and I (and subsequently our kids) unmatched travels in the west. We have a map with pins all over it marking our travels. After I clean and shine it I'll be asking low 20's.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1427
pilo is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: