Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Oddometer: 34
The Bunny teeth Movement

Hello all.

I'm leaving for Saigon on December 1st and wanted to start a ride report. I have arranged to buy a Minsk from Kevin in Saigon and plan on spending several months traveling through out south east asia. Does anyone have any suggestions for the trip? Thank you for your time.

Cliff

P.S. Here is some information about my trip.

The Bunny Teeth Movement: 5,000 miles, a Minsk, and world peace.

Who is Cliff Danger? World photographer. Man of international mystery. Costumed elicitor of the robust, spontaneous guffaw.

And now Cliff Danger embarks on his biggest adventure yet, one guaranteed to bring smiles to nuns, bewilderment to engineers, and purrs to abandoned kittens. Follow Cliff Danger as he spearheads the Bunny Teeth Movement, traveling through Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand on a Russian Minsk motorcycle, wearing a custom-made adventure suit and photographing people wearing bunny teeth.

Bunny teeth photos make people laugh—and laughter might just be the gateway to something snappier than détente. Rife with laughter, reeking of the zany, the Bunny Teeth Movement will break down cultural barriers, collapse inhibitions, and nudge the ever-reluctant body politic one step closer to world peace.

The Bunny Teeth Movement has its genesis in a costume shop in Culver City, where Cliff Danger serendipitously unearthed more than two-thousand pair of bunny teeth. Being a visionary and a comical savant, he instantly saw much more than non-toxic replications of lagomorphic malocclusion. Bunny teeth, Cliff Danger thought, could be powerful instruments of earthly harmony. Bunny teeth could turn the G8 into Woodstock.

Friends of Cliff Danger can follow his foray into SE Asia on the Bunny Teeth Movement website and watch Mr. Danger grow more hirsute by the day (no shaving allowed for the duration of the tour) and indulge in hearty giggles as he spreads smiles across the world/ bunny teeth photo archive expands. Supporters get their very own pair of bunny teeth and are encouraged to join the movement by posting bunny teeth photos to the website.*

*Bunny teeth should never be swallowed, smoked, used in lieu of prescription eyeglasses, or remain in place while drinking hot toddies.
Cliff Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,553
Good start, but I see no linky link to this global bunny teeth phenom web site, so I refuse to believe.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
JMead11
Crazy Bastard

Oddometer: 2,658
Freddie says, "show me the teeth"!!!!!!!

JMead11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Blog.

http://thebunnyteethmovement.blogspot.com/

This blog is kind of boring but will pickup once I start my trip.

Thanks,

Cliff
Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Playmate wearing bunny teeth.

A Former playboy playmate wearing bunny teeth.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Arrived in Saigon

Arrived last evening and boy has this time changed messed with my body clock. Met with Kevin Raven today and got a look at my bike for the trip. I'm adding a couple of things to the bike to make it a little more travel ready. Kevin has been a great help and is a super guy.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
IceCreamSoldier
suffering somewhere

Oddometer: 478
yeah, as a guy that has worn bunny teeth in the past, I'm in for the duration............subscribed
Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #8
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Minsk

One quick bit of information. Minsk motorcycles are getting hard to come by in Vietnam and will not be allowed in either Saigon or Hanoi as of 2013. If you want to ride a minsk around Vietnam better do it soon.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Dr James from Bristol England.

This is the first in the bunny teeth series from SE Asia. This is Dr James from Bristol England who was heading out yesterday on his own adventure.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2011, 03:53 AM   #10
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Some more Bunny teeth pictures.

Today was the first official day of the road trip around SE asia. Left Saigon around noon today headed to Vung Tau. As usual I brought too much shit with me and the bike is a bit loaded down. Riding out of Saigon from District 9 was quite chaotic. Bus,truck,bikes and scooters everywhere and it seems not a single one paying attention to the rules of the road. As Kevin had mentioned there is no right of way in Vietnam, if they are in front of you they are going to go which ever direction they want. Had a large truck decide to make a left from the right hand lane about 50 meters in front of me-Damn drum brakes are not great for stopping. Another guy shot out of a side street and came within a foot of taking us both out. I am not a fan of the city driving and look forward to getting out to the countryside. Arrived in Vung Tau around 4pm and found a hotel-$7 dollars. Not to bad and the bathroom has pictures of a couple pinups laminated to the tile. no shower stall looks like I can go to the bathroom and take a shower at the same time. Planning on travelling up the coast to Mui Ne tomorrow, where I plan to spend a couple of nice relaxing days at the beach before heading to Da Lat.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2011, 04:20 AM   #11
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

lucy with new paint and decal.

This is a picture of lucy with the new rattle can paint job and decal.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Vung Tau.

Left Ho Chi Minh city around 12:00 on the way to Vung Tau. Vung Tau is a town on the coast that boast the largest Jesus statue in the world. To get to the statue you must climb up 322 stairs. By the time I reached the top I was sweating like a pig. Not that I don't normally sweat like a pig, but shit in this humidy you really let loose with the sweat glands. Make sure that you wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves or they wont let you go up in the jesus statue. Once up there I was greeted by a very hazy sky, so not the most photogenic.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #13
Howe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
try using the "insert image" function when posting your photos so we actually can see them embedded in your post. (bunny teeth)
Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Ok maybe this will work.

Sorry about the photo problem.

[IMG]Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug[/IMG]

Old 12-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #15
Cliff Danger OP
Simpleton

Mui Ne

On the way to Mui Ne Lucy broke down in a smal town outside of La Gi. The mechanic took about 30 minutes to get some spark back in her and we were back on the road. We took the beach road because it was suppose to be much more scenic. Along the way one of the welds on my rebar racks broke and my pelican case fell off and got dragged behind for about 200 feet before I noticed and could stop. Strapped it down again and hoped the weld would hold until were got to Mui Ne. Well it passed through a lot of towns and provided many detours. It started to get dark and we were still a good 60km from Mui Ne. Driving in the dark in vietnam can be a harrowing experience. Lots of things in the road-cows, shoes,potholes pigs, dogs and bikes. We arrived in Phat taen and it was pure chaos. There were people everywhere and it was very dangerous. People on bikes with no lights, scooters coming at you from the left and the right and just general mayhem. This was probably the most nervous I have been on the bike. They say don't ride at night in 3rd world countries and this is exactly what they mean. We finally arrived in mui ne and found a hotel for ten dollars a night. Very small room with a sign that said no smoking in bed-if you wanted to smoke in that room you had to either be on the bed or in the bathroom cause otherwise there was no room. After checking in we went out to the from area and hung out and Wes AND SHANE had a well deserved beer and I had a water. While we were sitting on the porch the owners and a couple of people came out and started to talk to us in broken english. One woman asked me if I would like to buy her some champagne later-i said sure. Now this woman was probably in her 40, not bad looking but not great either. Missing a couple of teeth. Everyone was great. We decided to go get some food at one of the local restaurants. The town is a very popular destination for russians because it is very cheap compared to other places for them to vacation. Not sure why but everyone of them looked like they were unhappy and wanted to kick someones ass. We just smiled and enjoyed the town. The next day we decided to have Shane's bike looked at because the horn was not working and not having a horn in vietnam can be quite dangerous-lucy does not have a horn. While he was at the mechanic they shorted out a wire and the whole wiring harness caught on fire-Lucky for him they had a spare. One of these day I will have to have a horn put in so that I can honk at all the people and animals that are cutting me off. For the rest of my life when someone complains about asian drivers I am going to bitch slap them. An 80 year old drunk chinese woman driving a camry is my dream right now. There just seems to be no rhyme or reason to the driving in this country. I rode town the road about 5km and found a welding shop and had them fix the weld and also put on some more braces. I guess we a pussies in the US cause no one here seems to think a welding helmet is a good idea. Just bare eyed staring while they are welding. Four people including a woman selling lottery tickets just stood there and stared the whole time. When I was done I went to check on Shane was just in time to see the fire and the mechanic hurriedly trying to put it out while Shane is starting to freak out. I decided I would go back to the hotel which was about 50 feet away. About an hour later we picked up Shane's bike and decided to go to phat Thein to get Wes a new camera and to look for a backpack for myself. We went to Coop mart and Wes was able to get a new canon camera and I got some water. We rode back to the hotel took another shower and then decided to head out to the white and red sand dunes. They make it sound like the dunes are very close, but in fact the White dunes are about 30km away. Well we stopped at the red dunes about 10km out of town and while we were stopped kids came running from everywhere to rent us a plastic sheet so that we could slide down the dunes-one of the kids tried hopping on the back of Wes's scooter to show us where the while dunes were. We decided that none of us were interested in getting charged with kid napping so wes had to push him off the bak of the scooter-i guess there must be no stranger danger in Vietnam. As it was getting late we decided to try to get to the white dunes. An amazing ride out along the coast and then headed inland a bit. The road was nice and not too crowded and it was nice to be able to ride the bike full throttle up the road. Well I guess we should have kidnapped the kid, cause we road about 10km past where we were suppose to go. We turned around when we realized our mistake and the sun was dropping. Hoping to make it to the dunes while there was still light in the sky-lucy had other plans. I rolled to a stop on the side of the road right next to a field of workers. They came over and we tried to get some spark but no luck. After fiddling with some wires for a couple of minutes-spark. Well the spark lasted for about ten feet and then she stopped. I was stupid and violated the first rule of Minsk riding-ALWAYS CARRY YOUR TOOLS AND SPARE PARTS. Well one good thing was that we had some straps and I was fortunate to have to friends with me on their honda scooters. We had to tow lucy and myself all the way back to the hotel. Took about half an hour longer than riding out and was a bit scary but we made it safe and sound and were all starving for some food. Parked the bikes and headed to another restaurant. In the morning I will have to take Lucy to the mechanic-the same one that caught Shane's wiring harness on fire. He looked at lucy and decided I should go down the road. I went to another mechanic and he told me to come back at 5-ok what the hell. Now whe had planned on leaving this day but I guess lucy was not going to let this happen.Went back to the hotel and mellowed out for a while and then went to the beach. Beach was filled with overweight white people wear small bathing suits. Sounds just like any vacation spot where westerners holiday. I don't know why people feel so free to wear the smallest bathing suits while on vacation-not everyone wants to see your cottage cheese. This being said I'm no great looker and the only six pack I had was PBR about six months ago and as such I decided for the benefit of all to keep my shirt on. Went back at five and the guy told me that the generator was the issue and Lucy was up and running. Well he kicked her over about 15 times and she would not fire up. Pulled the plug and it was fouled-well when you kick over a minsk with the throttle wide open the whole time your going to flood the bitch. Well ten minutes later she was running again and actually was starting on the first kick for me-no choking. Too late to go any where so we decided to stay the night. Had dinner we hung out for a while and then we all said goodnight and hit the hay. I was sound asleep and around eleven I hear a knock on my door. At first I just ignore it but there it is again. I get up and it is the woman that wanted me to buy here Champange-I don't drink anymore and I guess if she was really hot I would have had a glass of champange. At the moment all I wanted to do was go to bed. She asked me if I had a cigarette-I said no. Now to put this in perspective she was wearing a tube top and hot pants and loads of makeup. At one point I would have gone for it but like I say she was not the best-muffin top and all-and I was beat and knew that the plan was to leave at 6am. I'm not sure if I should have gone for it but I just wanted to sleep. [IMG]Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug[/IMG]NE/20575612_XVdtMW#1630388468_Z6RgTfc-A-LB" title="Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug">Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug[/IMG]