Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #1951
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Great report update jay! Nothing like going back to that first home! Every time I travel to Puerto Rico I make a point of at least driving by my childhood home. It brings back so many memories that can't be relieved but there. Good luck on your new ventures!

Later
John
Eagletalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #1952
Jammin OP
Living on a DR

Oddometer: 1,535
Talking New Helmet for New Riding Chapter

Hey guys, sorry for the long break in posts but been busy getting my first tour off the ground. I'm back in Nairobi! My Jammin thru Kenya tour starts tomorrow and let's see how it goes to turn this into a profession

I've got 6 clients who've flown in from various places and we're heading out on KLR650s. I'll be posting daily updates on my fb page.

Also... I got a new helmet! and yes, it's just like the old one. The graphics are too flashy for me, so I got it painted.

Arai make top of the line helmets and since this is my life and business now, got to go for the best. The older one is an Arai XD (1) that I bought used on eBay and it has served me wonderfully through my whole journey and then some. Thankfully I've never had to test how well it protects my head but a helmet's structure gets weak over the years and now it feels nasty inside, even after a thorough cleaning. Just imagine all the grime soaked in there! So, thanks to Josh Rhodes who brought me this new Arai XD3, again from eBay. They've already released the XD4, which I'll probably upgrade to in three years

The old Arai XD and new XD3.

Masked and in the process of getting a new livery.

Mr Rawat in Munirka of New Delhi did a fine job of the painting.

How do you like that? It's matte but has a sheen right now that I hope will wear off after riding through some Kenyan dust

Trip Website: JamminGlobal.com
Current Ride Report: Global South | Past Trips: CDR '09, Alaska '08, Mexico '07 | YouTube Videos
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #1953
TEWSTER2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Love the simple paint job. Manufactures seem to think that most riders are skateboarders and have a face full of metal with all the crap graphics and designs. Give me something simple and clean. Bravo with the new paint job. Well done!
TEWSTER2 is offline   Reply With Quote