User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
borderxx OP
ifalldown

Oddometer: 105
Bluhduh Scorpa Parts (new or used)??

So, the 1997 Scorpa Easy 250 went into the back of my pickup last night for $900. Man, is this thing ugly! Judging from the looks of it, I paid about $700 too much, but if past performance is any indication, I'll dump $1200 into it and sell it for $800. Hey, it needs a lot - but at least the parts are expensive and hard to find!

In order to achieve that goal, I'm needing a reliable US parts supplier (if one exists). I could go for some used stuff - shock, muffler, a straight set of handlebars, countershaft sprocket cover, etc. if anyone has a horde.

Anybody got any used stuff, or recommendations for a supplier of new/aftermarket parts?

Thanks!

Isn't there something with a tiny propeller that goes somewhere around here?

Save weight everywhere you can!

Rotating mass reduction. Anyone know what goes (or, used to go) in the other bolt holes forward of the c/s sprocket?

Free-flowing exhaust

removing shock oil = closer to "dry" weight

borderxx screwed with this post 03-06-2010 at 05:49 AM
borderxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
LowPSI
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Contact Mike at the http://www.tryalsshop.com he has a good supply of Scorpa spares.
LowPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
borderxx OP
ifalldown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI
Contact Mike at the http://www.tryalsshop.com he has a good supply of Scorpa spares.
Cool, thanks. I put an email in to him, keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
Rokoneer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Just a warning to expect Scorpa Easy parts to be pricey......

Hope your stator is okay so far, they all bite the dust eventually, and a replacement, if one can be found, will cost you about what you paid for the bike.

Mike @ the Tryals Shop is probably the most knowledgeable Scorpa guy in the states and will do all he can to help.

Can you tell I had an Easy? Nearly indestructable bike, and great fun when running.
Rokoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
borderxx OP
ifalldown

Optimist or Pessimist?

I talked to Mike today and placed an order for some stuff - it didn't seem too far out of line for a somewhat rare bike. $12 wheel bearings and $21 for brakes all around isn't too spendy. Maybe I'm just already too used to KTM prices.

Stators can be rewound (usually a coil has a broken or shorted winding), and many parts from different applications can be altered to fit. But if they're out of, like, water pumps, that becomes a different story. The "glass is half full" side is aware that the rest of the bike then becomes a goldmine of hard to find parts to put on eBay...
Old 03-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
flyinghorse
Thank you Herbert Spencer

Oddometer: 1,172
Daryl at Eurodirt is not only very good to deal with but has un amazing in stock inventory for Scorpas.

eurodirt.com

or

970-876-5277

good luck
Old 03-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
borderxx OP
ifalldown

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghorse
Daryl at Eurodirt is not only very good to deal with but has un amazing in stock inventory for Scorpas.

eurodirt.com

or

970-876-5277

good luck
Thanks dude! I'll give them a try also. Mike was great, but there will be enough wealth to spread around a little. Well, the bike needs a lot, I don't know if I can really afford a high-maintenance French mistress after all. The two Austrian chicks are already conspiring to make me write bad checks...