User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
indio OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
F650/700/800 comfort seat

I bought a new to me used 14 F700GS with 1500 miles on it. It has comfort seat and I'd like to trade it for a low seat. I could shave off the foam etc to lower it a bit but figured swapping out for a low seat would be easier and less time consuming.

Before I trade, anybody done surgery on stock or comfort seat to contour the foam like low seat? I have watched seat surgery videos online and it does look doable but not sure if I will get the shape/contour right for low riding position.
indio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,563
Yikes cutting up a comfort? I would sell the comfort and buy a regular low seat. You will be dollars ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indio View Post
I bought a new to me used 14 F700GS with 1500 miles on it. It has comfort seat and I'd like to trade it for a low seat. I could shave off the foam etc to lower it a bit but figured swapping out for a low seat would be easier and less time consuming.

Before I trade, anybody done surgery on stock or comfort seat to contour the foam like low seat? I have watched seat surgery videos online and it does look doable but not sure if I will get the shape/contour right for low riding position.

Find us on Spot http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...YGllfEZqqxYWcA
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
gs_lad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
I would give you a regular one + cash for that if you were interested, but I assume we re too far away for it to work...
gs_lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
sreynen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Low seat

I have a low seat with less than 1000 miles on it that I am not using.....
sreynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
palada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:

What exactly do you want to gain from the low seat? Are you short? Do you find the comfort seat too wide? I had a low seat for a while and it is hard. The seat pan is the same, it just has less foam to make it lower. I thought I wanted it, but the lack of foam and the reduced distance to the footpegs made it uncomfortable.

If you're sure it's the right decision, buy a low or stock seat first. Try it for a while. If you're convinced, sell your comfort seat. You should come out at least $100 ahead.
palada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
indio OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palada View Post
What exactly do you want to gain from the low seat? Are you short? Do you find the comfort seat too wide? I had a low seat for a while and it is hard. The seat pan is the same, it just has less foam to make it lower. I thought I wanted it, but the lack of foam and the reduced distance to the footpegs made it uncomfortable.

If you're sure it's the right decision, buy a low or stock seat first. Try it for a while. If you're convinced, sell your comfort seat. You should come out at least $100 ahead.
Actually yeah I am short . On a good day I stand at 5'3'' with 28'' inseam. I had a F650 with low seat and it was not bad.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
indio OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreynen View Post
I have a low seat with less than 1000 miles on it that I am not using.....
Are you in Wisconsin? How much do you want for it incl. shipping?
Old 06-14-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
sreynen
Adventurer

Quote:
Are you in Wisconsin? How much do you want for it incl. shipping?
Yes, near Green Bay; I am on the road and will be home on Sunday. What is your zip code? I'll try to put together some numbers on Monday.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #9
indio OP
Adventurer

For now I decided to keep the comfort seat. Will ride with it for a bit & then decide.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #10
sreynen
Adventurer

Quote:
For now I decided to keep the comfort seat. Will ride with it for a bit & then decide.
Let me know......
Old 06-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #11
Heakle
Wanderer

Oddometer: 17
I have the comfort seat on my 2014 and the only thing I did was peel back the front of the cover and shave the foam on the sides. This allowed my legs to be straighter and my feet are now flat on the ground. It also allows me to grip the tank with my knees better whole I am standing up.
Not much holding the cover on the seat but some staples. Heavy duty staple gun worked great to re-staple.
Attached Images

Heakle is offline   Reply With Quote